Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Yes, I downloaded the CarPlay V2.1.1 at 2pm today, seemed to work good for a while (had some issue with my USB cable), but otherwise not bad. Had the robotic low voice from Siri first time use, but after that had the female voice. Then I may have made a mistake, cause at 5pm I got a notice on screen for another update which was V2.1.0 and downloaded it, now it doesn’t show AppleCarPlay at all and when I go to see fault codes, it is showing the U0155 Unable to connect to cluster. Will go to dealer tomorrow and see if they can download it from BUDS2. And this is after I went to buy a APPLE USB cable, darn it. Oh well, I know the CABLE is good!! I should have probably not downloaded the V2.1.0 since it only said it was downloading BRP Connect. I’m not a computer savvy guy but to me it seems like there is now a “conflict” between the two versions. I could be wrong….

Do you still have the ACP symbol??? At this time, mine is gone…
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-05-2024 at 10:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpy View Post
    Yes, I downloaded the CarPlay V2.1.1 at 2pm today, seemed to work good for a while (had some issue with my USB cable), but otherwise not bad. Had the robotic low voice from Siri first time use, but after that had the female voice. Then I may have made a mistake, cause at 5pm I got a notice on screen for another update which was V2.1.0 and downloaded it, now it doesn’t show AppleCarPlay at all and when I go to see fault codes, it is showing the U0155 Unable to connect to cluster. Will go to dealer tomorrow and see if they can download it from BUDS2. And this is after I went to buy a APPLE USB cable, darn it. Oh well, I know the CABLE is good!! I should have probably not downloaded the V2.1.0 since it only said it was downloading BRP Connect. I’m not a computer savvy guy but to me it seems like there is now a “conflict” between the two versions. I could be wrong….
    Good God. I think I will stay on 2.1.1 and not let it revert to the older version based on your experience. Unless I see some fatal flaw in 2.1.1 I will run with it until 2.1.2 or whatever the next drop will be. Did you get an alert that caused you to go look at the fault codes, or was it just there when you went and looked in there?

My guess is there's something wrong with 2.1.1, but not sure if rolling back is worse than just leaving mine on 2.1.1 until the "fix".

Spyder Garage

Same problem here -- connected to wifi briefly, saw the update then failed (in Northeast so power/internet has been flaky with the storm.

Now won't connect wifi... ugh... Keep trying!
    Martin in NH
    2024 Spyder RT Sea to Sky
    2015 Spyder RT Limited (retired)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KW1M View Post
    Same problem here -- connected to wifi briefly, saw the update then failed (in Northeast so power/internet has been flaky with the storm.

Now won't connect wifi... ugh... Keep trying!
    Probably just wasting your time right now. Multiple people have said here and on FB that they are not being presented with the update anymore. My guess is that they found a significant bug and now have to fix it and re-release it.

It never ends...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    I think there were other features in the update besides ACP. The loud clunk that you get when first shifting into gear seemed a lot smoother to me but the radio seemed garbled. otherwise the apple maps worked fine. I rode mine into town for a haircut, car play worked going in but quit before I returned. Maybe tomorrow.
    Maybe ACP goes to bed with the chickens...?? I do love my '23 RTL....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-05-2024 at 10:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Well, mine won't connect to home WiFi now, or my iPhone hotspot. I can see a connection establishing on my iPhone but the Spyder fails to connect. I hope that the ACP update I got hasn't totally broken WiFi now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Well, mine won't connect to home WiFi now, or my iPhone hotspot. I can see a connection establishing on my iPhone but the Spyder fails to connect. I hope that the ACP update I got hasn't totally broken WiFi now.
    I had the same issue. iPhone said connected. But Spyder said not connected. But my cardo connected with no issues.
    After I did the 2nd download (BRP connect) the ACP symbol on my display disappeared.
    I guess we are back to the waiting game.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

Yep, same here—after downloading the “BRP Connect” V2.1.0, the Apple CarPlay Symbol on dash is gone…

I did notice that after doing the V2.1.0 version, my radio station presets were all gone. Had to put them back…
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-05-2024 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Merged immediately consecutive posts... :-/

Spyder Garage

I did notice that after doing the V2.1.0 version, my radio station presets were all gone. Had to put them back…
    You guys were able to get on WiFi again after the ACP update? Mine won't connect to my home WiFi or my iPhone's personal hotspot anymore. I've tried multiple times, let it sit for an hour, no go. So I am still on 2.1.1 with apparently no way to ever upgrade/downgrade if I can't get on WiFi ever again

Spyder Garage

You guys were able to get on WiFi again after the ACP update? Mine won't connect to my home WiFi or my iPhone's personal hotspot anymore. I've tried multiple times, let it sit for an hour, no go. So I am still on 2.1.1 with apparently no way to ever upgrade/downgrade if I can't get on WiFi ever again
    I lost count on how many times it took to get on my wifi.
    I deleted my wifi contact info from the Spyder and started over fresh. Took multi tries but it finally connected.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riplin View Post
    I deleted my wifi contact info from the Spyder and started over fresh. Took multi tries but it finally connected.
    Do you still have ACP?

Spyder Garage

Do you still have ACP?
    Nope.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

Yeah I have removed the saved WiFi configuration multiple times, put my iPhone Hotspot in "Maximize Compatibility" mode which puts it in 2.4GHz mode. Only then does it show up on the Spyder. If I try to join the iPhone hotspot, I can see the icon show up on the phone showing a connection but it never works on the Spyder.

I have a mesh WiFi system, guess I need to try and lock the Spyder to only a 2.4GHz channel and try again. May also reset the head unit to factory defaults to see what happens.

My ACP is working fine so far, maybe I'll just stay on 2.1.1 until 2.1.x comes out but I'm just worried that there's some ugly bug hiding in 2.1.1 that maybe I don't want to be riding with.

EDIT: I did get it to connect finally, and it offers up version 2.1.0 (First Release it says).I aborted it since I actually like having ACP. Unless I find out there's some show stopping bug in 2.1.1 I will keep it and only roll back if there's a good reason to. Hopefully a 2.1.2 is coming soon with whatever is fixed. I also located the Spyder in my mesh system and locked it to 2.4GHz, maybe that'll make it connect more reliably in the future.

IMG_6367.jpg
    Last edited by jfischer; 04-05-2024 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Attach image of rollback firmware

Spyder Garage

Yeah I have removed the saved WiFi configuration multiple times, put my iPhone Hotspot in "Maximize Compatibility" mode which puts it in 2.4GHz mode. Only then does it show up on the Spyder. If I try to join the iPhone hotspot, I can see the icon show up on the phone showing a connection but it never works on the Spyder.

I have a mesh WiFi system, guess I need to try and lock the Spyder to only a 2.4GHz channel and try again. May also reset the head unit to factory defaults to see what happens.

My ACP is working fine so far, maybe I'll just stay on 2.1.1 until 2.1.x comes out but I'm just worried that there's some ugly bug hiding in 2.1.1 that maybe I don't want to be riding with.
    I already have an appointment with my dealer for Monday for another issue. Going to see what they say.
    FYI. After the 2nd download. Wifi and Bluetooth work better than before the downloads.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

I already have an appointment with my dealer for Monday for another issue. Going to see what they say.
    FYI. After the 2nd download. Wifi and Bluetooth work better than before the downloads.
    Please let us know what the dealer says and ask if they have ACP on their BUDS system. If they do, maybe we can take our Spyder’s to the dealer and have the dealers download it.

Spyder Garage

Please let us know what the dealer says and ask if they have ACP on their BUDS system. If they do, maybe we can take our Spyder’s to the dealer and have the dealers download it.
    Will do
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

Attended an event at our local dealer/sponsor

https://www.hkpowersports.com/

https://www.usspyderryders.com/nh-merrimack-valley-nh

Got to see Carplay in action.

Issue according to tech was a glitch that after installing, the next time you checked/connected wifi it would potentially delete carplay. They are expecting a quick fix.

Can also confirm the update cleared all faults on that 2024 bike...

Liked the look/feel and Siri will be a good addition "Directions to xxx" and it worked. We're soooo close now...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Please, only use/display clear text URL links!
    Martin in NH
    2024 Spyder RT Sea to Sky
    2015 Spyder RT Limited (retired)

Spyder Garage

I had my dealer do the ACP update as the bike was still there. It took them about one hour... but they had to clear all the BS codes the screen was showing, so that's understandable.

I would not recommend doing OTA updates, as coming from a Merecedes Benz background, those are famous for going very wrong, failing, and then saying there is no update available....

Do yourselves a favour and get the dealer to perform it; in fact, insist on it, and then check to make sure it WORKS while you're still there!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2024 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back at dealer again due to blank screen issues , loss of BT and WIFI :-( :-( .. looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 just with 2023 S2S only)

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 9 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    I had my dealer do the ACP update as the bike was still there. It took them about one hour... but they had to clear all the BS codes the screen was showing, so that's understandable.

I would not recommend doing OTA updates, as coming from a Merecedes Benz background, those are famous for going very wrong, failing, and then saying there is no update available....

Do yourselves a favour and get the dealer to perform it; in fact, insist on it, and then check to make sure it WORKS while you're still there!
    Ok, went to dealer this morning for 10am appointment to install ACP from dealer (BUDS). Long story short, they didn’t have it on their BUDS and while I was there and they also couldn’t download it, lo and behold, BRP called me, and I spoke with Sonia from Customer Service. What timing!!!!!! Who would have thought that I would have BRP call me WHILE I was at the dealership???? What are the odds???? Anyway, Sonia wanted to know about the installation of ACP and said she was calling only a small group picked at random to find out what their experience was with ACP. I also put my iPhone on speaker because JUST as I was starting to talk with her (again, what great timing!!!), the Shop Foreman gave me the news about their BUDS, etc. so I had him tell her about it also.
    I told her the problem(s) with it, and she said she would relay the info to the IT department. Sounds like they are working on it... I told her about the “conflict” between V2.1.1 and V2.1.0 and how that seemed to make the ACP symbol on the dash go “bye-bye”. So it does sound like BRP is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. Hopefully, SOON!!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2024 at 08:22 AM.

Spyder Garage

Still can't get mine to connect to WiFi at all. Not to my home WiFi, or to my iPhone hotspot set to "Maximize Compatibility" which forces 2.4GHz. On my iPhone the icon shows up right away showing someone is connected to my hotspot but the Spyder never connects successfully on its end.

So frustrating, I mean how can you release something that can't even connect to WiFi reliably? May have to try a full reset on this stupid head unit to see if that helps. I guess until I know for sure the ACP update is out I shouldn't worry about it but it's just annoying TH out of me that even basic WiFi connectivity doesn't work on this thing.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-12-2024 at 01:15 PM. Reason: toned down the rhetoric

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is starting to smell like...

Management says we have to have ACP on the 2024's.

Development says it's not fully ready.

Management says put it on the 2024 now!!!

Development and IT says it's broken and we need more time to work out the bugs.

Management says put it on anyway so we can say it's on there and we will work out the bugs later with an update.

Everybody else rolls their eyes and just puts it on there.

Customer gets stuck with some half baked crap because management insisted on it, engineers will get stuck with the blame for it even though they said it wasn't ready.

Been there and done that.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 04-12-2024 at 03:29 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

If installing the update over Wi-Fi is being a problem, just e-mail the firmware to the dealers so they can do the install with their buds.
    But first BRP has to let the dealers know they’re sending them a e-mail with the firmware.
    My dealer has no clue about when ACP will be ready, they even checked their BRP forum to see what the other dealers had to post and it was nothing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    If installing the update over Wi-Fi is being a problem, just e-mail the firmware to the dealers so they can do the install with their buds.
    But first BRP has to let the dealers know they’re sending them a e-mail with the firmware.
    My dealer has no clue about when ACP will be ready, they even checked their BRP forum to see what the other dealers had to post and it was nothing.
    Installing over wifi isn’t the issue. The issue is, the ACP download has issues. Doesn’t matter how it is installed.
    My dealer was told the download has been suspended. BRP will provide weekly updates thru their forum to their dealers.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

Installing over wifi isn’t the issue. The issue is, the ACP download has issues. Doesn’t matter how it is installed.
    My dealer was told the download has been suspended. BRP will provide weekly updates thru their forum to their dealers.
    The issue for many of us is that WiFi simply doesn't work reliably on these units. I have great signal strength in my garage, and maybe 1 time out of 25 it will connect. It will not connect ever to my iPhone's hotspot even in 2.4GHz mode. Yet my iPhone shows it connecting immediately after I enter the password for it but the Spyder just says it can't connect. I was able to upgrade to 2.1.1 (and downgrade back to 2.1.0) just fine once WiFi worked, but that's an incredibly rare event.

What would be even better is if the units could be upgraded by having the firmware on a USB stick. My vehicles let me do that, why can't this head unit do the same? At least we could download the firmware on a reliable computer connection and then transfer it to USB where it should work pretty flawlessly from there.