Spyder Garage

Default Anyone tell me where to connect to fused power on 2020+ S2S?

I have a 2022 Sea to Sky, and I need to find a fused connection in the fuse boxes in back side of the front wall of the Frunk. Looking for something I can piggyback on to for a relatively light electrical load which I would prefer to be switched. Can anyone tell me where to connect?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-02-2024 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is not a HowTo: DIY thread... & expanded title to briefly state the reason for the thread! ;-)
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

What exactly are you trying to connect?? Others may be able to help by telling you how they connected theirs. Still, whatever it is, are you sure that you really need to go all the way to the fuse boxes to connect it to switched power?

There's usually a switched Accessory Circuit lead under the tupperware below the seat, altho I can't remember which side it is on those later S2S models... But I'm sure someone here can tell us??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Earlier models had a GPS power source behind the fuel tank on the right side.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I have a 2022 Sea to Sky, and I need to find a fused connection in the fuse boxes in back side of the front wall of the Frunk. Looking for something I can piggyback on to for a relatively light electrical load which I would prefer to be switched. Can anyone tell me where to connect?
    So, I'll give you some 2023 info that should (I hope) be good for a 2022. You want power up front in the frunk, right? Look in your frunk on the left hand side of the battery access panel, and see if you have a round, rubber plug. If you do, that plugs a hole that is the size of a standard 12v / USB accessory power port. Behind the frunk wall then, on the left side and slightly above the battery, is the end of the power accessory harness. Yes, that harness supplies two uses. One use is for that factory GPS connection previously mentioned that is located on the right side of the bike, and the other is for a generic accessory connection up in the frunk. It is switched power that comes from the accessory fuse. See if you can find two wire connectors that look like this. It's awkward and helps to remove the battery to work in there. I think that you can take it from here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238