Spyder Garage

Default I just finished my Magic Mirror installation - will this work??

Hi folks, I just installed Magic Mirrors. The Mirrors went on fine! But Lamonster's video showed a small washer between the screw and the magnet, and a larger one between the magnet and the bike. I only had large washers in the kit. I installed the large washers between the magnet and the bike, with no washer between the screw and magnet. Will that work?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-30-2024 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You should be OK. I just looked at mine. The washers between the magnet and bike are there to give space for the body plastic to fit under the magnet. I don't have any washers under the screw head and they've been installed for 8+ years & 40k+ miles!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhartjr View Post
    Hi folks, I just installed Magic Mirrors. The Mirrors went on fine! But Lamonster's video showed a small washer between the screw and the magnet, and a larger one between the magnet and the bike. I only had large washers in the kit. I installed the large washers between the magnet and the bike, with no washer between the screw and magnet. Will that work?
    Lamonster has TWO videos....one video explains why the packaging washers between the MAGNETS should be discarded. Do not put a a washer between the HEAD of the bolt and the magnet. BTW could you provide the dimensions of Lamonster's magnets including diameter, thickness, and the size of the bolthole? Thank you!
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White