Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if BRP would warranty any problems associated with an oil film problem from a K&N air filter. As far as any documentation from K&N of course they will say their product is best. I don't buy it.
    I respect your input Ron, but as a mechanic myself for 40 years, and a motorsport guy I feel as do many others in the field usually the stock parts work just fine, and always fit.
    I'm not just someone who decided to share bogus info. Do as you please as most folks on here will. That's fine and dandy. Your machine your decision. I'm just starting what I and others have found.
    By trade I'm a retired advance hydraulic design engineer, Diesel tech, gas turbine tech, Cummins diesel tech, automotive tech and everything in between. I've seen and done plenty. One thing I have learned in all those years in most cases where the design engineers spec out a part, it's usually a compromise of cost, performance, and longevity of the component. Not necessarily ease of service, as we all know. Again, it's a personal choice how people decide to service their equipment. Just be informed.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-01-2024 at 05:54 PM.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    I wonder if BRP would warranty any problems associated with an oil film problem from a K&N air filter. As far as any documentation from K&N of course they will say their product is best. I don't buy it.
    I respect your input Ron, but as a mechanic myself for 40 years, and a motorsport guy I feel as do many others in the field usually the stock parts work just fine, and always fit.
    I'm not just someone who decided to share bogus info. Do as you please as most folks on here will. That's fine and dandy. Your machine your decision. I'm just starting what I and others have found.
    By trade I'm a retired advance hydraulic design engineer, Diesel tech, gas turbine tech, Cummins diesel tech, automotive tech and everything in between. I've seen and done plenty. One thing I have learned in all those years in most cases where the design engineers spec out a part, it's usually a compromise of cost, performance, and longevity of the component. Not necessarily ease of service, as we all know. Again, it's a personal choice how people decide to service their equipment. Just be informed.
    Did you read the article that I linked to?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-01-2024 at 05:54 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I did read it, but not convinced enough to ever use one. I know what I've seen. Did it screw my car up to the point it wouldn't run correctly? No. But it has the potential in my and other users opinion to cause problems. Why even risk it? What does BRP Say?

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    I did read it, but not convinced enough to ever use one. I know what I've seen. Did it screw my car up to the point it wouldn't run correctly? No. But it has the potential in my and other users opinion to cause problems. Why even risk it? What does BRP Say?
    Not trying to convince anyone to use one. Just was interested to know what you thought about the article.

One of the things I do like about the K&N type of filter is for the CVT side of the Ryker. A K&N will typically flow more air dirty than a paper filter will flow new. The CVT flows a lot of air all the time and the paper filter can get clogged pretty quickly. We've seen this on several Rykers. A few have lost belts prematurely because of overheating. Belt life is very dependent on this large amount of air flow. Some are saying that the oil from the filter will get on the belt and make it slip, which is not true. There are hundreds of customers running this type of filter on their Ryker with zero issues. I did a good deal of research on this subject before recommending the K&N for this application.

I'm sharing my experience, you're sharing yours. Beyond that, it's up to each individual to decide what they want to do.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Not trying to convince anyone to use one. Just was interested to know what you thought about the article.

One of the things I do like about the K&N type of filter is for the CVT side of the Ryker. A K&N will typically flow more air dirty than a paper filter will flow new. The CVT flows a lot of air all the time and the paper filter can get clogged pretty quickly. We've seen this on several Rykers. A few have lost belts prematurely because of overheating. Belt life is very dependent on this large amount of air flow. Some are saying that the oil from the filter will get on the belt and make it slip, which is not true. There are hundreds of customers running this type of filter on their Ryker with zero issues. I did a good deal of research on this subject before recommending the K&N for this application.

I'm sharing my experience, you're sharing yours. Beyond that, it's up to each individual to decide what they want to do.
    Agreed

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen