Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome Ve9den to SL

Welcome Ve9den, post up a hello, introduce yourself & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community Ve9den, from the staff at Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.

Spyder Garage

Default Vss

Hi Avery one
    Am from CANADA in NB ,new at biking and it only one year on a spyder rt limited 2023…love it ..
    Denis here
    Started my spyder rt limited today and got this vss on the Dashboard, can someone tell me why?
    Maybe a plug-in,wire pile from heat ?
    Thank you ..
    Last edited by Ve9den; 03-26-2024 at 01:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ok I have fine the problem , it was my battery all good now ..
    Have a great day all.

Spyder Garage

Sorry Ve9den, not too many people come in here all that often (I only just saw your post a moment ago ) so no-one was around apart from SpyderBOT to welcome you - but Welcome anyway! Glad you love your Spyder too!

Still, as a result of the few visitors mentioned above, it was always gonna be unlikely you'd get a response to your question by posting it in this section - and that's at least partly why SpyderBOT says:

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.
    We most likely would've just told you that it was probably your battery anyway, so it's a good thing you found that yourself. Altho I do hope you didn't replace the dodgy OEM battery with another - they really don't last well at all!!

If you want to do some searching & reading up on batteries, especially the 'lesser quality' units that are in the 2023+ models, there's a heap of info on the Forum about them, the issues they can produce (including that VSS light on the dash! ), and how quickly they are likely to fail; but basically, you really need to get something better than the current factory offerings, like one of the Yuasa 350cca 21A/h batteries that comes with the bottle of electrolyte for you to fill yourself (just follow the instructions! There'll be a BS on the end of the part number. ) and then you (or the retailer, only don't trust that they've done it, it's an essential step in preparing the battery properly for use & a long life, so verify that it HAS happened, and if you can't be positive, then do it yourself! ) will need to charge it on a proper charger for at least 8 hours BEFORE installing it; cos if you don't/haven't, or if you've still got the original OEM battery or even another/replacement of the lesser spec'd OEM batteries BRP supplies from the factory these days, then there's a very good chance thst you'll be looking for another new battery sooner rather than later!! You might be lucky enough to get 6 months, but even if you do, unlike the Yuasa's, few of their latest offerings last much longer than 2 years!

Hope to see you out there on the more frequented public pages soon.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-27-2024 at 05:49 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!