Spyder Garage

Question Will 2023 S2S accessories work on my 2024 RT?

Just picked my new 2024 S2S... Now time to add farkles...

General rule of thumb that if an accessory fits on a 2023 RT Ltd/S2S, it will work on the 2024?

Example:

Thanks!
    Martin in NH
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Yes. Ultragard fits just fine. I also got the half cover but haven't tried that yet. That also fits the '23/'24 S2S models. The F3 U-fit short reach handlebars work on the '23 Sea to Sky. Haven't tried that on my '24 as it's in the shop with all the issues, but once I get it back, I will try that to get more relaxed arms as I'm 5'8" with short arms.

I hope you don't have any issues with your '24 S2S, it sucks having a brand-new bike and the screen won't work, heated grips error, and ABS errors.

Ps: Check your battery... most folks are seeing a cheap Chinese Hailui battery installed by BRP factory. Warning - it's got a 6-month battery warranty only. Ask your dealer to replace with a Yuasa 350 CCA 21aH battery and have them install it with star washers. Also have them install the SAE connector for a battery tender/maintainer. I use a 2-amp model from Battery Tender (Deltran).

Congrats!!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 01:29 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

handle bars and top cuff will not work due to new handle bars on the 24s

Spyder Garage

@fatboy Thanks, Not sure about that... They look the same as the bars BajaRon's shop took off the 2023. I compared the 2 when I had both bikes in my garage a few days ago. The short reach bars fit on the 2023 nicely, they just extended farther to the rider than the 2024 bars... Spacer riser is the same too. Guess we will find out for sure once the bike's issues get fixed.

I'll let you all know once it gets done.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 01:30 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

bar ends are different due to new controls also the 24 f3 bars are not available yet

Spyder Garage

Topcuff not the same on the 2024 Spyders. Took mine off of my 2022 RTL and saw it will not work.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 01:31 PM.
    2022 RTL Hyper Silver

Sequential LED fender turn signals-Main and passenger floor boards running and turn signals
    Side view mirror stabilizers-Baja Ron sway bar-Can Am passenger arm rests and drivers back rest
    Garmin XT GPS-Top Cuff for GPS and Phone holder-Quick grip phone holder-Upper RT vent grilles
    Radiator vent grills-LED fog lamp with switch-Foam grip covers-Peddle box pro-Cardo Bold intercom-Big Blue-BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone... I'll hold off on bar mods until vendors catch up.

Only fault I'm seeing is the loss of comm to display (don't recall number at moment). Put battery on tender and she looks happy. Heated Grips/Seats (for driver anyway) working as expected. Just need that carplay update.

I am also seeing wonderful flaky wifi -- connects in the driveway when I set it up. Doesn't connect in garage - go figure...

While I have your attention - I ride solo mostly -- anyone find a creative storage solution for top case so helmet one side, then a divider or "real" tupperware box to hold all the crap we accumulate?

Regards, Martin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KW1M View Post
    I am also seeing wonderful flaky wifi -- connects in the driveway when I set it up. Doesn't connect in garage - go figure...

Regards, Martin
    I initially connected mine in the garage. Sometimes it will connect, sometimes it won't. Have WiFi mesh system so signal strength in garage is quite good. Even tried connecting to hotspot on my iPhone, which is right next to the Spyder with no luck. Perhaps the flaky WiFi will be addressed in the same update that enables ACP, one can only hope

Spyder Garage

Update on Ram/Cuff: https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...ries-mount-ram

Slingmods confirmed this cuff will NOT fit the 2024...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KW1M View Post
    Update on Ram/Cuff: https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...ries-mount-ram

Slingmods confirmed this cuff will NOT fit the 2024...
    Fatboy tried to tell you that speaking from experience.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Fatboy tried to tell you that speaking from experience.
    I believe KW1M was simply confirming Fatboy’s comment, based on discussions with the supplier, Jdr. Sometimes members can get it wrong, so confirmation never hurts

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

It figures... Ordered the cuff mount for our 2024 S2S on Monday (wish I would have waited another day, and I would have seen Fatboy's reply). Called Slingmods to see if I could cancel the order, too late order was shipped yesterday. I mentioned I was having the F3 handlebars installed when the dealer assembles the bike (will be ready for pickup on Saturday). They said go ahead and see if they fit on the F3 bars, if not send them back. I'm not sure why they would fit. I'll update this weekend if it makes a difference.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-27-2024 at 07:12 PM.
    2018 Honda Goldwing Tour..."Mine"
    2019 Can-Am Spyder RT......."Her's"
    2024 Can-am Sea to Sky......"Ours"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I believe KW1M was simply confirming Fatboy’s comment, based on discussions with the supplier, Jdr. Sometimes members can get it wrong, so confirmation never hurts

Pete
    That is the way I read it.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    That is the way I read it.
    I see what you did there!

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

found another interesting thing last night they are not lining up the dot on the tires just slap them on balance and put weights on

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    found another interesting thing last night they are not lining up the dot on the tires just slap them on balance and put weights on
    That's really not gonna help much with the ride or handling!

For those who might not yet realise, Red Dots should always take precedence over Yellow Dots, but if there's a Red Dot on the tire (which should be indicating the lowest point of 'roundness' on the tire) and it's not lined up with the valve, it might be that it's lined up with a mark or the measurement on the rim that's reflects the highest point of the rims 'roundness'...

Generally, rather than just being Spin or Dynamically Balanced, OEM tire/rim assemblies are often 'Match Balanced' before fitting onto a vehicle, which matches the balances & run-out features of the rim to the balance & run-out features of the tire to produce a very well-balanced wheel assembly, ideal for smoooth ride & handling; usually meaning the Yellow or Red Dots (which are good only if the tire manufacturers are good!) are aligned in the 'ideal position', rather than just going for the default position of 'in line with the valve' (which is good only if the rim manufacturer is good!) On some vehicles, usually but not always restricted to the more expensive/upmarket types, the newly 'Match Balanced' wheel assembly can then also be put on a device that actually 'shaves off' any high spots off the tread on the mounted tire, making the rolling circumference of the tire as close to perfectly round as you can get within the limits of the technology, thereby resulting in a much smooooother ride than would otherwise be possible! The only downside of doing this is that it might reduce the tire life a little, but if you're paying mega-bucks to own a car in which the loudest intrusive noise isn't the road noise from the tires, but instead will be the noise of the analog clock on the dash ticking, are you really going to worry too much about having to replace the tires maybe 2-5000 miles earlier??

Sorry, got carried away there - we are meant to be talking about Spyders, aren't we?! So forget that last paragraph above, cos the sad fact is that if it's a new Spyder, we are once again talking about the questionable Kenda/BRP relationship, aren't we!? So who knows why they've done whatever; we can only guess that they've decided to cheap out yet again; once more leaving their customers to deal with any of the likely resulting issues!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-28-2024 at 06:22 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    That's really not gonna help much with the ride or handling!

For those who might not yet realise, Red Dots should always take precedence over Yellow Dots, but if there's a Red Dot on the tire (which should be indicating the lowest point of 'roundness' on the tire) and it's not lined up with the valve, it might be that it's lined up with a mark or the measurement on the rim that's reflects the highest point of the rims 'roundness'...

Generally, rather than just being Spin or Dynamically Balanced, OEM tire/rim assemblies are often 'Match Balanced' before fitting onto a vehicle, which matches the balances & run-out features of the rim to the balance & run-out features of the tire to produce a very well-balanced wheel assembly, ideal for smoooth ride & handling; usually meaning the Yellow or Red Dots (which are good only if the tire manufacturers are good!) are aligned in the 'ideal position', rather than just going for the default position of 'in line with the valve' (which is good only if the rim manufacturer is good!) On some vehicles, usually but not always restricted to the more expensive/upmarket types, the newly 'Match Balanced' wheel assembly can then also be put on a device that actually 'shaves off' any high spots off the tread on the mounted tire, making the rolling circumference of the tire as close to perfectly round as you can get within the limits of the technology, thereby resulting in a much smooooother ride than would otherwise be possible! The only downside of doing this is that it might reduce the tire life a little, but if you're paying mega-bucks to own a car in which the loudest intrusive noise isn't the road noise from the tires, but instead will be the noise of the analog clock on the dash ticking, are you really going to worry too much about having to replace the tires maybe 2-5000 miles earlier??

Sorry, got carried away there - we are meant to be talking about Spyders, aren't we?! So forget that last paragraph above, cos the sad fact is that if it's a new Spyder, we are once again talking about the questionable Kenda/BRP relationship, aren't we!? So who knows why they've done whatever; we can only guess that they've decided to cheap out yet again; once more leaving their customers to deal with any of the likely resulting issues!!
    Yes, to the above, but again on the new 2024's BRP assembly procedures and /or choices is showing it is not good. Now even the tires are not assembled properly to the rims per correct match balancing...

List:

Screen failures;
    no ACP despite 7 months of waiting for BRP to get the deal done with Apple;
    Heated grip errors or not even installed;
    Tires not mounted per the dots system;
    Several random codes that can't be erased by BUDS2;
    Update Flashes that can't erase the random codes either;
    BRP website showing short reach bars that fit the 2024 S2S that DON'T fit, not even close! (#219400909 listed as fitting doesn't fit, and the bar on S2S is now a three-piece bar?????);
    Poor to non-existent support from BRP to dealers and the end users for all the above....

The 2023 S2S I bought in August 2023 has zero issues with QC, ride, or incorrect final assembly by the dealer.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Caps; ;'s; & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

ACP update was released Thursday. Dealer installed mine and it took about 1 hour, including them using BUDS2 to clear all those pesky codes for screen and heated grips. WARNING... make the dealer do it via BUDS2 and DON'T try to do the OTA update! Several folks have already had that fail while trying, and it caused issues.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)