Spyder Garage

Default Choosing between 2019 F3T Ltd & 2023 F3T Ltd - any insights?

So, there is a dealership up the street from me that has a 2019 F3T Ltd with 5000 miles on it and a 2023 F3T Ltd with 2k on the odometer. The difference between the two is $3k. The 2019 has aftermarket speakers, amp, and a slip-on pipe. The 2023 is stock. I have ridden them both and they ride the same. Is it worth the $3k increase. Also, yes this is my first Spyder, but I've been riding for over 40 yrs. Thanks for any insight.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-22-2024 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Hi Daymoan, welcome to the Forum & posting!

I can see your predicament, and generally, my answer would be that the a/mkt add-ons are usually worth ZIP/Zero/nada in terms of price (unless you really like/want them! ) and if you're comparing bikes that are less than 5 years old, always go for the one with the best spec/lowest milage cos it'll pay out in the long run; but it is juuust a little hard for us to answer clearly because of the confusion you've created in telling us which F3 Spyder is what spec...

Are they both F3-T's, or both F3 Limited's?? Or is one an F3-T and the other an F3-Ltd??

AFAIK, the Spyder model you're looking at is F3; and the spec level is designated by the T or the Ltd. The T's are Tourers, with saddlebags (& maybe optional rear trunks??) sure; but they are different spec (lower??) to that of the Limited's, which generally come with the rear trunk (altho that might be optional now too, I haven't kept up!? ), a few more creature comforts, and some extra shiny bits.

There's not a great deal in it these days, except for the extra $$ at the initial new purchase time, but that does tend to be reflected in their used value too.

So it might help if you check on which F3 is what spec, and get back to us to clarify. Or just go with the higher spec/lower milage unit, cos it'll likely be worth the extra $$ come re-sale time...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

They are both LTD's and they are basically identical except for the aforementioned slip on pipes..and after market speakers. They both have the heated seats cruise control and rear trunk. Well the 2019 is black and the 2023 is blue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daymoan View Post
    They are both LTD's and they are basically identical except for the aforementioned slip on pipes..and after market speakers. They both have the heated seats cruise control and rear trunk. Well the 2019 is black and the 2023 is blue.
    They likely have heated grips, but not seats.
    2012 Viper Red RT-S (Sold)
    2020 Ryker Rally
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Depends on your wallet. Sounds like you've already got a headstart on the farkles with the 2019, (if they are ones that you value). With $3k more in your pocket out the door (and $3k worth of taxes to boot). You can put a good deal more extras on the 2019. And you might be able to drive the 2019 price down some as well. Functually, they are pretty much the same. And 5,000 miles is nothing. If price isn't a big deal, the newer one might make you feel better. It's all it what means the most to you.

Newer isn't always the best course of action.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So, there is a dealership up the street from me that has a 2019 F3T Ltd with 5000 miles on it and a 2023 F3T Ltd with 2k on the odometer. The difference between the two is $3k. The 2019 has aftermarket speakers, amp, and a slip-on pipe. The 2023 is stock. I have ridden them both and they ride the same. Is it worth the $3k increase. Also, yes this is my first Spyder, but I've been riding for over 40 yrs. Thanks for any insight.
    First why don't you tell us what each will cost? ..... $3000.00 sounds fishy being the difference on Spyders that are 4 years apart .... Look at iMotorsports (a sponsor here) I know they have NEW 2023's for sale ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 02:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

The 2023 would allow you to get the extended warranty if that is something you want.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

HI daymoan,

Does the 2023 F3 Ltd have the self-leveling air pre-load adjustment and the "Hill Hold"?

Does the 2023 F3 Ltd have the comfort seat?

Did you try the 2023 F3 Ltd Special Series (Mineral Blue)?

The 2023 F3 Ltd Special Series is road ready.

Yes, it is worth the $3k increase.

Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 02:14 AM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

If You have the extra cash, I would do the newer one. If you're like me, I tend to buy something and if it fits me and don't give me any troubles, I keep it forever. And with today's throw away world and company's only supporting, and supplying parts for ten years you want the latest and greatest! They both SHOULD be as dependable, hopefully!!!Good luck, be safe!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Out the door on the 2023 is $25,025 and that's with a 3 yr. extended warranty. Out the door on the 2019 is $22,812 and that's with a 6 yr. extended warranty.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 04:56 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Out the door on the 2023 is $25,025 and that's with a 3 yr. extended warranty. Out the door on the 2019 is $22,812 and that's with a 6 yr. extended warranty.
    Thanks ...... IMHO, the '19 is a Total rip-off for quite a few reasons..... Again, look at what IMotorsports has .... they ship free .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

The 2023 will have some minor tech improvements and for my money it's my choice, but since it's your money, you get to decide. Good luck with the one you choose.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

My dealership has a 2019 Spyder RTL for $20,000.00 that has 5600 miles up, but I bought a 2024 because I'm going to keep it forever. For my 2024 Spyder RT Limited, I paid $27,000.00 - I bought it that day before they discovered they had a typo on their website, so they honored the price. It was supposed to be $31,500.00, so I really lucked out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 05:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to say thank you to all of those who dropped in with words of wisdom. I did get the 2023 and can't wait to put some miles on it!

20240328_172617.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-29-2024 at 11:20 AM.

Spyder Garage

Enjoy the bike. Hope it is "straight up" for you and not sideways like the pictures.

Spyder Garage

Lol thank you. I couldn't figure out how to change the orientation I'm working on it tho.

Spyder Garage

Lol thank you. I couldn't figure out how to change the orientation I'm working on it tho.
    You'll need to either change the 'Anchor Point' on your Pics to the Top Left of the images (cos that's the Forum default, & we can't readily change it! ) or simply start taking your pictures in Landscape Mode by dropping the top of the device to the Left/anti-clockwise!!

You should be able to change the Anchor Point by opening your images in a photo/image editor & either rotating them to appear the right way here & then saving that image with a new name before uploading it; or if your editor is sophisticated enough, simply open the image data record & physically change the assigned Anchor Point to the correct side for the Forum.

I do hope all that's a little clearer than mud! Good Luck!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-30-2024 at 07:50 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the purchase. Welcome to the forum. I think you made a good decision, but could either have really been bad?
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Got it... Thank you

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to say thank you to all of those who dropped in with words of wisdom. I did get the 2023 and can't wait to put some miles on it!
    Sometimes it does not like portrait pictures. Lets see if this cropped photo works.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 03-30-2024 at 06:15 PM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Sometimes it does not like portrait pictures. Lets see if this cropped photo works.

The Forum platform software doesn't ever really like pics/images that are taller than they are wide... unless they're .pdf's or .txt files.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!