• Spyderlovers.com

67 69.79%
  • Facebook

1 1.04%
  • I Use Both Regularly

28 29.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderlovers - Facebook - Or Both?

I am just curious. I remember the days when there were 4 or 5, sometimes 6 active pages here on Spyderlovers.com. These days is seems rare to break into a 2nd page. Though granted, we are not in the peak season yet.

So, my question (Poll). Which format to you prefer for your Spyder/Ryker interactions? 1- This Spyderlovers forum? 2- The Facebook format? Or. 3- Do you regularly use both?

Thank you for your input!

As always. Votes are anonymous.

Ron (bajaron)
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-20-2024 at 02:23 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I have NEVER been a facebook fan.

You do not meet the nicest people there. Many of our banned friends can be found there.

The format is hap hazard and disorganized IMO of course.

I prefer the people, the format, and the interaction on this site. We are the ORIGINAL and the REAL Spyderlovers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I use facebook only because the RV (Roadtrek) I have has a huge following. That's basically the only reason I use FB. I use this site cus I really like it and the info is great.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

I share ARtravelers position 100%. Ten years ago when I did a search for Can-Am Spyder users groups, Spyderlovers popped up at the top of the list. The rest is history.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Facebook sucks. I constantly miss things because their algorythm decides it isn't something I want to see. Forums are perfect for avoiding all that. I only use facebook to follow things like bands, restaurants, etc., because that's the only place they post things. If there's any other choice, I go there.

Facebook is just marketing disguised as entertainment.
    2022 Spyder RT Ltd Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Been a webpage fan since March 2017 here. Just joined the Facebook site about 1 yr. ago. There is more misinformation on the facebook site, than here. We have a lot of VERY knowledgeable members here in different aspects of Spyder. So much good knowledge that I have never had to start a thread of "help me...", because I've read the new and old posts to gain info over the years. If I miss a few days, I look at the "What's New" tab, and get caught up again.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-20-2024 at 08:26 PM.
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Deleted my Facebook awhile ago. Too much crap kept popping up.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Never had Fakebook .
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

1- This Spyderlovers forum

I've been a member here for less than a year. I enjoy absorbing information from those who are in the know, and IMHO there is far less opinion and much more experience based fact in here than anywhere else.
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Spyder Garage

I don’t participate in any social websites except this one and Triketalk as they are focussed and strictly moderated. I consider websites like Facebook to be the root of lots of problems the world has now.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

The FB site is full of riders asking questions on how to add speakers to get another 30 db of output, or how to add under glow lights etc etc……not that there is anything wrong with this, but there are just too many posts about it.
    This site is more for very experienced riders helping other riders with in depth advice. I rarely visit the FB site these days.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm certainly not a FB fan, but there information there that ya can't find elsewhere.

Spyder Garage

I find a great deal of irony in the biased question. :-) You asked on Spyderlovers - of course the answers will be mostly Spyderlovers - those FB folks that prefer FB probably don't come here 1) at all or 2) very often - that's why they would vote for FB. LOL!
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

1- This Spyderlovers forum
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I am on both, but migrate more to the forum. I find the FB group tends to be younger or less experienced owners. I see far more pro OEM usage there (oil/tires/etc) on FB and less open mindedness about using other tires/oils/etc.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I tend to agree with the comment posted by Jdr00ejr that the poll, posted here, is a bit biased.
    Would be interesting to compare results of the same worded poll on several of the FB groups.

Another reply mentioned that the person believed information posted here is more accurate. My opinion on that is that while FB does have inaccurate info, there is often very accurate info posted also. Essentially no different than what is posted here on Spyderlovers.com. Both places have both bad and good shared info.

While I have no hard data to back this up, these tend to be my observations.
    Spyderlovers.com, gives a more elderly tone from the participants, whereas FB often is a less elderly place to be.
    Also, the idea that folks that were banned from Spyderlovers.com are on Facebook may be true, but realize also, over time, there are quite a few folks on Facebook that were not banned, but simply gave up on this Spyderlovers.com website in favor of Facebook.

Ultimately though, Facebook and Spyderlovers.com both have a place without one being truly superior to the other.

Folks that replied here as never been on Facebook raise a curiosity, how can you condemn something you never tasted?

Interesting poll though…

Spyder Garage

Never had a facebook account and don't plan on getting one. I will stick around these parts of Spyder Lovers.

2023 RT limited

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I check out both on a daily basis. This forum is good and informative for tech issues. But we started a local group on facebook so that we could get together for local rides. That is something that doesn't happen with this webpage.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I don't know why anyone would think the questions are biased. The answers are biased. But aren't they all? I simply wanted to know how the bias shook out on this forum. I actually expected more to regularly visit both. If someone would like to post the same poll on the FB page, I'd love to see those 'Biased' results as well.

Spyder Garage

I prefer a solid forum like SpyderLovers. (Can-Am Spyder Forums is near useless even on a good day)
    I was a founding member of AdventureRider way back 25 years ago. It became incredibly popular with primarily the BMW GS crowd, and sprouted from there.
    However... FaceBook seems to have hampered the effectiveness of many great on-line forums.
    The (IMHO) downside of FaceBook is that it is awash with Spyder/Ryker groups to where they are all so full of verbal static that I tend to stay clear from most of them.
    I'm a GearHead (like you) so my interest is in all things SpyderTech, and actual ride reports is all I tend to pay attention to.
    All of the other peripheral speak is not in my wheelhouse of interest.
    It may be a bit quiet here, but many owners seem to be more in tune to their machines here.
    I think after a time, forums will end up ruling the day again.

Spyder Garage

As noted, FaceBook groups can be useful for setting up a local/regional group for social issues like group rides (which do not interest me)
    Last edited by BoatFixx; 03-21-2024 at 09:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    I find a great deal of irony in the biased question. :-) You asked on Spyderlovers - of course the answers will be mostly Spyderlovers - those FB folks that prefer FB probably don't come here 1) at all or 2) very often - that's why they would vote for FB. LOL!
    I will agree that you post an interesting question. WE are of course the right ones.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Facebook is a cesspool. I used it in the past but quit it a couple years ago.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I don't know why anyone would think the questions are biased. The answers are biased. But aren't they all? I simply wanted to know how the bias shook out on this forum. I actually expected more to regularly visit both. If someone would like to post the same poll on the FB page, I'd love to see those 'Biased' results as well.
    Exactly what I was going to post, Ron. I use both. Which format do I prefer, as per your original question? This forum, for the reasons mentioned earlier. There’s no bias in the original question.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Exactly what I was going to post, Ron. I use both. Which format do I prefer, as per your original question? This forum, for the reasons mentioned earlier. There’s no bias in the original question.

Pete
    Not offended or anything. It's a discussion and should encourage input. I like to at least try to understand other perspectives. We don't have to agree. But understanding others point of view has always been a rewarding exercise for me.