• Facebook

1 1.04%
  • I Use Both Regularly

28 29.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    1- This Spyderlovers forum

I've been a member here for less than a year. I enjoy absorbing information from those who are in the know, and IMHO there is far less opinion and much more experience based fact in here than anywhere else.
    you nailed it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nothing wrong with the question Ron, there's always that 1%, no matter what.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I don't know why anyone would think the questions are biased. The answers are biased. But aren't they all? I simply wanted to know how the bias shook out on this forum. I actually expected more to regularly visit both. If someone would like to post the same poll on the FB page, I'd love to see those 'Biased' results as well.
    You say biased answers, I incorrectly said biased question. Would you feel better if I had said biased poll? My point wasn't to rile folks up - just that asking "do you prefer the Spyder or Ryker" in a Spyder forum will yield Spyder as the result, just as asking the same question in the Ryker forum will yield Ryker as the result. It's a fun conversation either way. The number of folks who hate FB with a passion popping up in here is fascinating.

Many great comments on why they like this form of communication vs. FB. My point is simply that you would get the counteracting side of the discussion posing the same poll on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Nothing wrong with the question Ron, there's always that 1%, no matter what.
    I agree there's nothing wrong with the question - and I do believe I'm the 1% you are referring to - since I'm the one who voted FB and the one who said the question was biased, but as I mentioned above - I was incorrect in my statement - the poll is biased, not the question. Didn't mean to ruffle folks feathers. I'll go back to FB now. LOL!
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Not condeming FB, as I have never been on it and have no basis on which to offer an opinion. It's just my preference to not have anything about me out there for all to see, or to tout any aspect of my life on that type of public forum. I even ask my wife not to post anything about me on her FB page (she ignores me sometimes, which is aggrivating as hell). Just my 2 cents worth.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Another vote for spyder lovers. Never signed up for FB and glad I haven’t. Don’t plan on ever using it. So since I can’t compare it to Spyderlovers maybe my vote will not count.
    2023 RT Limited , Red/ black

Spyder Garage

#1 Spyderlovers forum is what I prefer. Facebook is probably good for local/regional groups.
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Spyder Garage

I visit both regularly. On FB I use it to follow our Chapter of US Spyder Ryders. I also look at the BRP page the Ride Out, the SpyderLovers page that may be LaMonts page (may he get what he needs and heal quickly), SpyderQuest and a few others. I always suggest riders looking for specific information regarding their ride sign up to spyderlovers.com for the easier to find and correct information found on this site.
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    You say biased answers, I incorrectly said biased question. Would you feel better if I had said biased poll? My point wasn't to rile folks up - just that asking "do you prefer the Spyder or Ryker" in a Spyder forum will yield Spyder as the result, just as asking the same question in the Ryker forum will yield Ryker as the result. It's a fun conversation either way. The number of folks who hate FB with a passion popping up in here is fascinating.

Many great comments on why they like this form of communication vs. FB. My point is simply that you would get the counteracting side of the discussion posing the same poll on FB.

I agree there's nothing wrong with the question - and I do believe I'm the 1% you are referring to - since I'm the one who voted FB and the one who said the question was biased, but as I mentioned above - I was incorrect in my statement - the poll is biased, not the question. Didn't mean to ruffle folks feathers. I'll go back to FB now. LOL!
    Just a matter of semantics, I suppose. Still, I thought it possible that there might be a good number regularly visiting both sites. I have enjoyed the various views posted. The subjective answers were expected.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I use this site and view FB so I could have given the third response to the poll. But using both regularly (I do) and liking both equally (I don't) are two different things (a matter of semantics as you mentioned). So I answered the poll with preferring this site. If I could only have one, this it the one I'd use.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PDXRTL View Post
    I use this site and view FB so I could have given the third response to the poll. But using both regularly (I do) and liking both equally (I don't) are two different things (a matter of semantics as you mentioned). So I answered the poll with preferring this site. If I could only have one, this it the one I'd use.
    "If I only could use one, this would be the ONE,"

Spyder Lovers! Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PDXRTL View Post
    Which goes to show that there is no 'Perfect Question'. It can look one way to the asker, and completely different to the hearer. But as long as we're having fun, It's all good!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Not condeming FB, as I have never been on it and have no basis on which to offer an opinion. It's just my preference to not have anything about me out there for all to see, or to tout any aspect of my life on that type of public forum. I even ask my wife not to post anything about me on her FB page (she ignores me sometimes, which is aggrivating as hell). Just my 2 cents worth.
    Oldguy, just by way of update, there is a lot that can be gleaned from FB, and you don’t need to post anything about yourself unless you wish to (I don’t). You can also lock your FB profile, which you set up when you first access FB so that no one can see anything about you. FB can be made to be simply a tool for your personal use.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

This forum only for me.
    Never been on Facebook. Too old to start now anyway
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

I use both. If I need technical advise I come here.. I follow a couple of pages for Spyders (mostly Local) on Facebook.. I mostly use Facebook to follow my family (they live in other states) and local area stuff. I don't post very much on all web based forums... I'm a member of a few other Forums and usually follow their Facebook pages as well...
    Oh, and I don't over analyze anything posted on any forums.. I take everything at face value and if I care to participate I do
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

It's possible and, IMO highly probable, that the heavily weighted vote for SL is because many of us represent several older generations of avid motorcycle riders who, for one reason or another switched from two wheels to three or for an improved version of three. Within this cohort there is hundreds of years of experience and, thankfully, technical skill that provides those with less technical and mechanical ability with unvarnished facts and minimal bovine effluent. It's slightly unfortunate that we don't have accurate statistics on the median age of SL participants and other information about the folks who make this website so reliable and successful. And, most of all, it's the wide variety of people I've met who have grown from casual strangers to good friends. Lucky me!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    1- This Spyderlovers forum

I enjoy absorbing information from those who are in the know, and IMHO there is far less opinion and much more experience based fact in here than anywhere else.
    I 100% agree with this statement. I frequent both and by far you get more technical (how-to) information here. If you want drive-by solutions, FB groups are ok.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    It's possible and, IMO highly probable, that the heavily weighted vote for SL is because many of us represent several older generations of avid motorcycle riders who, for one reason or another switched from two wheels to three or for an improved version of three. Within this cohort there is hundreds of years of experience and, thankfully, technical skill that provides those with less technical and mechanical ability with unvarnished facts and minimal bovine effluent. It's slightly unfortunate that we don't have accurate statistics on the median age of SL participants and other information about the folks who make this website so reliable and successful. And, most of all, it's the wide variety of people I've met who have grown from casual strangers to good friends. Lucky me!
    You could start a poll of some sort asking for age.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

I'm signed up for both, and visit both regularly.

But I have found that useful information on the Facebook page is rather sparse, while I always find something useful and interesting on Spyderlovers.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    You could start a poll of some sort asking for age.
    There have been a few of those sorta 'How Old' threads/polls done in the past, lotsa interesting info in them, if you care to do the search/reading?!

Here's one thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...&highlight=age

And here's a poll that looks like it's missed a selection for those between 61 & 69:

And a Roll-Call for younger riders:

One poll looking for the average age of Spyder Ryders:

And a thread looking for an idea of the age of those buying Rykers:

And all that ^^ was found simply by putting 'Age' in the search field, ticking the search titles box, and submittingthe search, but I'm pretty sure there's more out there too, altho it might be a little harder to find...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 05:28 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Just FWIW, there is no shortcoming of talented Spyder techs on some of the FB groups. Believe the one group has 5 now independent techs, several that are factory trained and formerly were employed by respected Spyder dealers.

Spyder Garage

I never been on FB and I am not a FB fan, as it is the wife's domain so she tells me, as I would rather read through SL and have a
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front
    I am now broke

I Should mention the Boss has a 900 Ryker Ralli next to my bike
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use both regularly ... I help Joan and Lamont admin all the "lovers" groups on FB (there are several), so I am over there a lot. I much prefer the search capability of the forum ... and that I get to pick and choose what to look at. Don't really care for the FB algorithm that decide what I should look at ... it's rarely correct. So ... it's a toss up in terms of time because of my admin duties, I'm probably on FB more than here. But, I prefer here.

All the best ... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

I seem to be using FB less and less because of the all the ads. They have become a nuisance.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    I find a great deal of irony in the biased question. :-) You asked on Spyderlovers - of course the answers will be mostly Spyderlovers - those FB folks that prefer FB probably don't come here 1) at all or 2) very often - that's why they would vote for FB. LOL!
    Yes, agree 100%.
    Facebook has its value.
    There is a Facebook group dedicated to using BRP connect. I also belong to a Facebook group that focuses on the SENA 20S headsets. Further, there is a Facebook page specifically for the SpyderQuest rally.
    And BajaRon, I go to your FB page to make purchases from you. Although I trust you implicitly, I will say other vendors can be problematic. I've bought things on Facebook from two other vendors. Each time I received the merchandise in good order, but my charge card got hacked. I don't believe the individual sellers were responsible, but it seems a little too coincidental. BajaRon's credentials are impeccable, but I don't buy from anyone else off of Facebook.
    The Connecticut group posts rides there and we keep in touch that way. We'll also chat about where to get service, parts etc. None of us are interested in using Facebook as any kind of stage to pontificate. And, unlike this forum, we actually see each other IRL, so there are no keyboard warriors. The most controversial comment was "I have to go to church on Sunday. Can we please plan the ride for Saturday instead?"
    The individual state pages here can serve the same function but seem to be rarely, if ever used. The last post on the CT page was in May of 2022.
    Even this forum began coming unglued with flame wars until the moderators began using a heavy hand. May I add, a welcome heavy hand, I still have quite a large number of forum members on my "ignore" list.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure somebody on this forum will be more than delighted to let me know.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey