Spyder Garage

Default Beware of f2892704 - Now Banned after Scam Reports!

I believe I got scammed by f2892704 claiming that he had a friend with a backrest for sale. Beware of this guy.

Spyder Garage

I'd say you're right. He almost got me too.

I placed a WTB windshield ad here and got no responses after a week or two, so I ordered one from Calsci. After I ordered it I got a PM from that same guy saying a member here has one FS and his email is..
    I can't remember the name, but looked him up and he was real.

I Emailed him anyways in case we didn't like the Calsci, and have a backup. I explained that in the email, but it was like he didn't understand that I was only interested in his if we didn't like the one ordered. Pushy.

Turns out the Calsci was great, so emailed him and told him. No response.
    Hindsight I should've Pmd the member who's name he gave me! Damn scammers!
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then!

Spyder Garage

I got scammed by another A-hole that said when he bought something from a member here, that they had what I was looking for. Did this person what a payment via Zelle? Probably the same person back at it again.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 03-08-2024 at 08:00 PM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

It was most likely not f2892704, did this person say to contact them another way????

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Whatever way it comes to it, that member/account has now been reported on multiple sites since joining here, so even if it's not that specific person involved, their account is now suspect & has been reported as such, and subsequently it has been banned here!

We do try to run checks on every new member, only sometimes, the odd one or two gets lucky enough to slip thru. Hence the Warning Sticky here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...e-Public-Pages!

And here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...sub-forum-****

We'll keep on doing the best we can to cull them/prevent them joining, but YOU do need to be very careful in all your postings & dealings here, and ALWAYS take all the prudent steps you feel warranted to protect yourself, your money, &/or your personal information. Possibly that'll even mean going so far as not responding to those unsolicited messages from people you haven't seen posting & around the Forum for long enough to gather some idea of if they are legit or not!! You can TRY to check them out thru other means, but unless you're SURE, you should treat them with some degree of suspicion!

Sorry that it's come to this, but low-life scumbags ARE out there in their millions, and they ARE seeking to rip you off! They see you as being nothing more than gullible suckers who are fair game who have money to burn that's theirs for the taking, so you need to Take Care!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-09-2024 at 05:54 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Whatever way it comes to it, that member/account has now been reported on multiple sites since joining here, so even if it's not that specific person involved, their account is now suspect & has been reported as such, and subsequently it has been banned here!

We do try to run checks on every new member, only sometimes, the odd one or two gets lucky enough to slip thru. Hence the Warning Sticky here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...e-Public-Pages!

And here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...sub-forum-****

We'll keep on doing the best we can to cull them/prevent them joining, but YOU do need to be very careful in all your postings & dealings here, and ALWAYS take all the prudent steps you feel warranted to protect yourself, your money, &/or your personal information. Possibly that'll even mean going so far as not responding to those unsolicited messages from people you haven't seen posting & around the Forum for long enough to gather some idea of if they are legit or not!! You can TRY to check them out thru other means, but unless you're SURE, you should treat them with some degree of suspicion!

Sorry that it's come to this, but low-life scumbags ARE out there in their millions, and they ARE seeking to rip you off! They see you as being nothing more than gullible suckers who are fair game who have money to burn that's theirs for the taking, so you need to Take Care!
    I must say that Spyderlovers is the cleanest, most scam free of any forum I've been involved with. But perfection is reserved for the next life. And we can't trust someone just because they are on this site. It's a shame, but we are all subject to fraud if we are not careful.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-09-2024 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Unless dealing with one of our vendors I always use PayPal Goods & Services. It has paid off on another site for me.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Unless dealing with one of our vendors I always use PayPal Goods & Services. It has paid off on another site for me.
    Yes, one of the first Red Flags that you're being scammed is the seller wanting to use a payment method where there is no possibility of recovering your money. Using a credit card with a payment site like Paypal gives you 2 layers of protection. An honest seller will never have a problem with this.

While it is legitimate that using a 'Cash' form of payment can save the seller fees which they may offer to pass on to you with a lower price. (I have offered this option at times). Don't do it if you are not sure the seller will live up to their claims. In most cases it is best to cover the sellers fees (usually about 3%) and keep your protection.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-11-2024 at 08:58 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Do not do anything with Zelle just because your bank may offer it. That doesn't mean the seller is safe or you are protected. It means the bank is safe, but when your money is gone it is just like cash, it is gone. I was scamed on another Spyder site on Facebook when trying to buy some fenders out of $300. The bank did open a fraud investigation but I don't think anything will come of it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Do not do anything with Zelle just because your bank may offer it. That doesn't mean the seller is safe or you are protected. It means the bank is safe, but when your money is gone it is just like cash, it is gone. I was scamed on another Spyder site on Facebook when trying to buy some fenders out of $300. The bank did open a fraud investigation but I don't think anything will come of it.
    When you do it through your bank, Zelle will not even talk to you, and my bank said sorry Charley! Was only 60 bucks and my stupidity!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Zelle is not your friend. I will Not Use it anymore.
    That is My Tip to You.

Have a Blessed Day. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue