Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone with a '21+ Spyder got a Baja Ron anti sway bar? Worth it?

I keep reading about people making this change but wonder if it is really only the older Spyders that need it. My 2021 seems to take curves just fine. Of course I am steering rather than leaning but that is the nature of these 3 wheel vehicles. I'm curious is anyone with a 2021 or newer Spyder RT or RTL has made this change and whether or not they believe it was worth the cost.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2024 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

I have a 21 RT also I thought I did not need it, but, I did buy one for my RT and it makes the bike feel like it is on rails when you turn. If you get one you will not regret it. There are many riders here will tell you they love it!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2024 at 04:59 PM. Reason: maney + ;-)

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

I have both MTV H&R front springs and the BR Ultra sway bar installed on my 2022 RT STS. The front end definitely has a much more planted feeling. Crosswinds don't push you as much.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

first thing we add on all our new bikes

Spyder Garage

Tires and swaybar are the two best upgrades you can do. In my opinion of course.

Spyder Garage

Vito, if you believe your RT is taking the curves just fine, leave it as it. Yes, the ‘21+ RT models are more stable than the earlier RT models, and go quite well without Ron’s bar.

I put one on my ‘21 RT as I am 320lbs and HAVE to travel on the freeway for at least 30 minutes to get to back roads, and the bar also assists with side winds from trucks on the freeway for me.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

2020RTL and now 2022F3L, stock suspension and tires. Do not feel need to spend extra money for what i think(my 2 cents) is not needed to have an enjoyable experience riding. Again, whatever floats ur boat....

Spyder Garage

It is a great upgrade to my '22 RTL. It is absolutely worth the money.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kamper View Post
    Tires and swaybar are the two best upgrades you can do. In my opinion of course.
    I am a rather spirited rider and love the twisty roads. I agree with the above statement. Then again if you are happy with your ride now just have fun.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    It is a great upgrade to my '22 RTL. It is absolutely worth the money.
    I have to agree with Dave, my 2020 RTL was only OK riding solo without the bar.
    When riding 2-up and weighing in around 400#'s with gear we love that 3-piece bar and the Kumho front tires.
    No more front end dipping in the curves which always caused my wife to complain about my speed.

Happy wife, happy life Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Peoples Republic of Calif. Upper Mojave Desert
    Spyder Garage

I noticed a big difference and thought it was money well spent, but I do like working the curves, so it might depend on ones riding style
    2021 RT LT

Spyder Garage

I have the original and can tell you it's made a huge difference. Because of my riding style, I didn't need the upgraded version, but hear if you're a more aggressive rider, that one might be the one to get.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I get the question all the time. "Do I need the BajaRon Sway Bar?" And the answer, of course, is no, you don't need it. The Spyder comes from the factory with a sway bar and your Spyder will go around corners without the upgrade.

It is true that BRP has improved handling of the Spyder over the years. And many customers don't feel the need to upgrade the sway bar. However, I can also say we've had a good number of customers who have ridden thousands of miles on a 2020 + Spyder on the OEM sway bar feeling that they were very happy with OEM handling. Then, for whatever reason, they install the Sway Bar upgrade and say that if they'd known what they were missing, they'd have done it long ago.

My suggestion to those who don't want to upgrade their sway bar... Don't ride a similar Spyder with one installed. Once you experience the difference, it will be hard to resist. Especially if you have a rider. Your passenger will notice the improvement more than the driver.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-13-2024 at 01:48 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I get the question all the time. "Do I need the BajaRon Sway Bar?" And the answer, of course, is no, you don't need it. The Spyder comes from the factory with a sway bar and your Spyder will go around corners without the upgrade.

It is true that BRP has improved handling of the Spyder over the years. And many customers don't feel the need to upgrade the sway bar. However, I can also say we've had a good number of customers who have ridden thousands of miles on a 2020 + Spyder on the OEM sway bar feeling that they were very happy with OEM handling. Then, for whatever reason, they install the Sway Bar upgrade and say that if they'd known what they were missing, they'd have done it long ago.

My suggestion to those who don't want to upgrade their sway bar... Don't ride a similar Spyder with one in stalled. Once you experience the difference, it will be hard to resist. Especially if you have a rider. Your passenger will notice the improvement more than the driver.
    It's kinda like "love", If you never had it, you can't miss it!
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Since I just ordered one, I will be finding out pretty soon!
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

My suggestion to those who don't want to upgrade their sway bar... Don't ride a similar Spyder with one in stalled. Once you experience the difference, it will be hard to resist. Especially if you have a rider. Your passenger will notice the improvement more than the driver.
    +2 Three of us who frequently ryde together bought 2020 RTLs at the same time. Based on our previous Spyder experiences (2013 and 2014 models - all upgraded), we had the dealer fit BajaRon swaybars before we took delivery. From my own perspective and riding style, having tried a 2020 RT without the upgrade, it was a significant improvement, like cornering in a sportscar vs the family sedan!
    Makes ryding the Gold River road here on the Island (Hwy 28) a delight!
    Last edited by ryu1867; 03-13-2024 at 01:22 PM.
    Michael G
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tibadoe View Post
    Since I just ordered one, I will be finding out pretty soon!
    I always ask this question. How many miles have you ridden your Spyder? This is sometimes the key to satisfaction.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I always ask this question. How many miles have you ridden your Spyder? This is sometimes the key to satisfaction.
    Thus statement... I rode my F3T for about 14,000 miles before getting the Anti-Sway Bar and Altimax rear tire... The difference was huge in Interstate handling, and twisties I find it a great addition... Now that I have 22,000 miles I just put on VREDESTEIN QUATRAC SL on the front... I ready to see what happens now...
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I currently have about 7k miles on my 2021 RTL. I do not have the upgraded sway bar. I ride this one more at a leisurely pace, and also 2 up whenever I can get the wife to ride with me. I also have a 2016 F3L and it does have an upgraded sway bar. For me, I don't need it and decided to go with the pedal box for my first performance enhancement. If I did not have the F3L or my 2 wheeler for when I really want to go fast in the curves, then I probably would add the swaybar.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I had the sway bar on my 2014 RTL. I upgraded to a 2022 RTL in April of 2023 and do not need the sway bar, she holds the road like glue.
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

I have 1k on the Spyder now. I will ride it another 500 miles before I switch it out. Hoping that since I am paying attention closely how it rides, corners, and overall handling, I notice a nice difference. As I was typing - UPS just made delivery.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yep. The 21+ Spyders DO handle better with the OEM bar than did their predecessors. Ran Ron's bar on the old 2012. Ran the OEM bar on the '23 all last year. Put on Ron's Original Bar just a few days ago. Definitely an improvement, even if just riding in the wake turbulence behind a semi. If you go that route, would suggest that you consider getting the bar from Lamonster Garage and getting the Lamonster Links. That way you don't have to fiddle with those 8 little spacers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238