Spyder Garage

Default Considering a 2015 F3 Base - any obvious things for accessories?

I have a '12 RT and a '14 RT..... looking at a 2015 F3 Base with 10k for $8k. I'm not familiar with the F3's but think of them as stripped-down units for the most part. This one has added on Cruise Control and a windshield...and I think these come with heated grips but idk much about F3's. I'm comfortable with the $ aspect but I've never sat "IN" one only "ON" my RT's. I'd like bags and a backrest as well. Any obvious things I'd need for accessories? It has a Ram phone mount but geez idk where even the outlets are.... is the battery in the frunk like the '14 & up RT's?

Hey, any thoughts at this point would be helpful... I'm comfortable with maintenance etc... just wanting bags and a full windscreen...

Thanks, Dave
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-05-2024 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the (first) question... ;-)
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    I have a '12 RT and a '14 RT..... looking at a 2015 F3 Base with 10k for $8k. I'm not familiar with the F3's but think of them as stripped-down units for the most part. This one has added on Cruise Control and a windshield...and I think these come with heated grips but idk much about F3's. I'm comfortable with the $ aspect but I've never sat "IN" one only "ON" my RT's. I'd like bags and a backrest as well. Any obvious things I'd need for accessories? It has a Ram phone mount but geez idk where even the outlets are.... is the battery in the frunk like the '14 & up RT's?

Hey, any thoughts at this point would be helpful... I'm comfortable with maintenance etc... just wanting bags and a full windscreen...

Thanks, Dave
    IMHO if that's an SE trans, it's a steal! You have to ride or at least sit on one for a bit ..... Good Luck ... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-06-2024 at 12:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post

Thanks, Dave
    The entire F3 line-up has the 1330, so they're all like your '14. The Base F3 and F3S have no stereo system stock, so if you want tunes, you'll have to add that. Being a Base F3, it'll have pegs unless already upgraded. I like pegs better myself, but if you are used to the RT, you might want boards as an upgrade. If not boards, maybe consider SpyderExtra Highway Pegs for a secondary option. Personally, I also like the "Lamonster 3rd Peg" for ease of getting on and off, though many just use the passenger pegs to help with mounting and dismounting.

Lots of options for Bags, but I like the Viking Leather Wrapped Hard Bags; I think they look great, and with EZ Brackets, they can pop on and off for that no bags look pretty quickly.

If you ride with a passenger at all, or are going to put bags/weight on the back, prioritize a shock upgrade quickly; even if it's just the Occasional 2-Up shock - that stock rear shock on the Base F3 and F3S sucks!

As for "outlet", there is an accessory circuit under the back seat that can be easily tapped, and one up to the left of the battery (yes, the battery is in the frunk like your '14 RT). You have to remove the Frunk Liner to get to it though, not like the cover on your RT battery.

Personally, I much prefer "in it" to "on it." I ride a 2016 F3S and the wife rides a '19 RTL.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-06-2024 at 08:49 PM.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I had a ‘15 F3-S before I sold it. The heated grips were extra. I added a Madstad windshield and hard Shad bags for luggage. I also had a trunk rack that I would strap a 40L waterproof bag to it. I cruised all over the US with that setup and sold it after 77,500 miles. I now have a 2020 F3Ltd.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red