Spyder Garage

Default Can anyone help source a 2018 RT Handlebar Riser?

I have been looking high and low for a handlebar riser for this model. Nothing exists. This model has a cast aluminum handlebar. Can someone help me with this?

German
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-05-2024 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by German View Post
    I have been looking high and low for a handlebar riser for this model. Nothing exists. This model has a cast aluminum handlebar. Can someone help me with this?

German
    I think you've already found the problem with those RT Handlebars - AFAIK the ONLY 'option' available to change the angles on the entire bar-set is to use the BRP supplied (= expensive, & possibly no longer available ) Tri-Axis Bar replacement.

However, IIRC, you can remove JUST the handsets/grip & module from the outer ends of the bars; find/manufacture a pair of 'stubby bars' to fit into the holes left on each side; fit (fairly readily available from most m/bike shops) 'Dog-bone Risers' in the position where each handgrip/module used to be; and finally, refit the handgrip/modules into the raised holes on the ends of the 'Dog-bone Risers'! Same end result as fitting risers in the middle/on the steering shaft, but it's all done right out at the end of the handlebars.

I believe this works on all RT Bars from 2010 right out until they changed into 'normal style bars' with the 2020 model upgrade, but I'm sure someone will point it out if that's incorrect. And I have a vague recollection in there somewhere that there was something odd with the tubing sizes needed to do this, but just can't bring it to mind right now. Still, there IS a bunch of info about doing this back there in the older threads here somewhere, so it'll probably be worth your while to do a bit of Advanced Searching and some reading of old threads - I reckon that the handlebar threads you'll want to look at are likely from about 2010-11 thru 'til maybe 2015-16.

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I think you've already found the problem with those RT Handlebars - AFAIK the ONLY 'option' available to change the angles on the entire bar-set is to use the BRP supplied (= expensive, & possibly no longer available ) Tri-Axis Bar replacement.

However, IIRC, you can remove JUST the handsets/grip & module from the outer ends of the bars; find/manufacture a pair of 'stubby bars' to fit into the holes left on each side; fit (fairly readily available from most m/bike shops) 'Dog-bone Risers' in the position where each handgrip/module used to be; and finally, refit the handgrip/modules into the raised holes on the ends of the 'Dog-bone Risers'! Same end result as fitting risers in the middle/on the steering shaft, but it's all done right out at the end of the handlebars.

I believe this works on all RT Bars from 2010 right out until they changed into 'normal style bars' with the 2020 model upgrade, but I'm sure someone will point it out if that's incorrect. And I have a vague recollection in there somewhere that there was something odd with the tubing sizes needed to do this, but just can't bring it to mind right now. Still, there IS a bunch of info about doing this back there in the older threads here somewhere, so it'll probably be worth your while to do a bit of Advanced Searching and some reading of old threads - I reckon that the handlebar threads you'll want to look at are likely from about 2010-11 thru 'til maybe 2015-16.

Good Luck!
    I have done the " dog bone " riser thing .... for Stubby bars I bought a short length of Copper tubing at Home Depot ... I forget the plumbing designation for it , just ask someone for the HD copper ..... it won't bend unless you hit a tree ( at speed ) .... no one I know of still makes the Spyder Dog Bone risers .... However I bought some from a Dennis Kirk " snow-mobile catalog " for cheap and they are plenty strong enough ..... PM me if your interested I'll get the numbers from Dennis Kirk .... good luck ...Mike