Spyder Garage

Default How long do the various LED Light kits last?

I see different light kits for Spyders that require drilling to install and are taped on LEDs. My question is how long do these LEDs last. What is the life span of led lights. Suppose they stop working then you have holes in your Spyder. I’m specifically thinking about the trunk lights. Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-05-2024 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    I see different light kits for Spyders that require drilling to install and are taped on LEDs. My question is how long do these LEDs last. What is the life span of led lights. Suppose they stop working then you have holes in your Spyder. I’m specifically thinking about the trunk lights. Thanks for your input.
    My 14 RT is lit up like a Christmas tree .... I have had some of the individual LED's (on a strip) fail but not many .... They live a tough life, nothing lasts forever ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-05-2024 at 01:16 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    I have installed a number of aftermarket LED lights on our 2020 RT's, most of them are Tricled. My sequential fender turn signal/running lights failed within a year of installation...one led here and then another until there were 5-10 on each side. My wife has had zero issues with hers for over 2 years. FYI, I purchased the kits at slingmods and reached out to Tricled with the issue, they sent a complete set of LED's less the harness at no charge.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The sequential lights are most apt to fail first, I believe these light duty LED's are not capable of the pounding these lights take when fastened below the shock suspension such as fenders, a-arms or rear hitch. I have never had problems with any lights fastened on the mirrors. JMHO Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had them go out within a year (or less) and some are out upon the first install. They come from China that way. Some sellers have warranties others don't.

Spyder Garage

Thank you guys for all the inputs