Spyder Garage

Default Show Chrome Fender Light wiring did not match harness colors!

I just spent the last couple of days mounting the Show Chrome side and rear fender lights. It took a couple of days because it was a tight fit on all the wiring that was added, as I also added Lamonster wiring harness (which I love after the install). I did run into an issue that was easily corrected, once I figured it out. When I connected the rear red fender Show Chrome light, it was full bright when the switch was on and while riding. Also, when the engine was on, it did not flash when the turn signal was on; it only flashed when the engine was off.

I matched up the wiring color on the fender light to the wiring color on the harness; but after some reading of the directions, I realized that while the wires may be the same color, they were different for parking and turn signals on my bike. So after switching the wires using the quick connects, everything now works correctly.

I have met a few folks who have had the same issue; one even told me that they were just going to disconnect the rear red light because it was so bright when riding.

Hopefully this helps others in knowing that on some bikes, the colored wires for parking and turn signals do not match up with the external harness colors.

John
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-04-2024 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread; + ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

You will find with most aftermarket electrical items that the wire colors do not match the factory wiring. It seems that the only common color they all use is black for ground! As it should be.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red