Spyder Garage

Default Wow! No One uses this sub-forum? Any interest in putting together an Ohio Club?

I'm new to owning a Can Am Spyder. Just checking to see if there's interest in putting together an Ohio Club.

Spyder Garage

First of all:

I have been on the site for 14 years now. It has been quite noticeable to me that most of the State threads are used little to none.

These days, it seems very difficult to find a group of people willing to commit to a weekly or monthly club meeting to ride Spyders or such.

When I first got into Spyders in 2008 I also tried to organize a club in Anchorage AK. It was very difficult to get riders on a weekly basis.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks ARtraveler! I think I'm just looking for folks to ride with. I don't care much for meetings. It would just be nice to post a monthly ride. If you can make it good, if not try again next month. Goldwing groups do "Ride to eats" and those are always good to. No route or ride group, just pick your own and just find a place to meet and eat Breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Folks who organize clubs like to tell other folks what to do. Die hard riders who ride the dirt or on the street don't cotton to being told what to do. Sorry, that's how I see it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Folks who organize clubs like to tell other folks what to do. Die hard riders who ride the dirt or on the street don't cotton to being told what to do. Sorry, that's how I see it.
    100% Agree!!! I guess I should change this to who wants to go on rides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SamHuskyguy View Post
    100% Agree!!! I guess I should change this to who wants to go on rides.
    Yeah, good idea. About the only lasting group riders I've been around are the PGR guys. They keep on going and going and going. God bless them all.

Spyder Garage

I was affiliated for many years with a generic motorcycle club. We did weekly rides and stopped off at a restaurant to finish the night. We also had four or five yearly events. They accepted "all" bikes. I was the only Spyder for the first couple years I owned one of them. I was a "road captain" for a few of those years. We had 50 or so bikes and split into about 8 groups for the nightly rides. They were grouped according to ability and riding style.

When the original founders retired out of the club and from riding, the new people made to many changes. Politics caused us to leave the group. After that, we (spouse and I), kept our rides to ourselves. Much less hassle and we could do whatever we wanted.

Here is a link to one of my many albums--this from 2011. Amongst the 79 or so pictures are a few showing the riding club from the good ol days. All of the club photos from that year are on page 2.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=1347
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-01-2024 at 03:38 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We have a Spyder riding group known as “The Spyder Ridge Riders.” We get together once a month and meet for lunch in western NC or upstate SC. Tomorrow we have 10 riders meeting for lunch. We have no officers or dues. Currently there are 32 riders on the email list. We have had as many as 20 for lunch or only 5, but we try to ride the first Saturday of each month, weather permitting.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Don't know how you feel about Facebook, but I know of a few who have had a lot of success posting rides in their specific areas. Nothing formal, just let people know where you are headed and when, then see if anyone wants to tag along.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-11-2024 at 05:18 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I ride with the PGR as a matter of respect. Other than that I am not even slightly interested in belonging to a group for riding, stamp collecting, or anything else. I go as slow or as fast as I want and stop when I want. From the time I entered kindergarten until I retired at 56 I danced to someone else's tunes. Not anymore.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Where are you in Ohio? There's a group in SW - 51Three's rides as well as a US Spyder Ryder group in the area that do rides. The 51Three's post meetups for evening rides almost daily when weather permits. It was an informal group, going a little more formal this year, but you can just about always find someone willing to ride with you. Good Luck & Happy riding.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-01-2024 at 10:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Look on usspyderryders.com There are 3 chapters central Ohio, northeast Ohio, and Cincinnati Ohio
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

Thanks LongIsland!! I'll check that out!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    Don't know how you feel about Facebook, but I know of a few who have had a lot of success posting rides in their specific areas. Nothing formal, just let people know where you are headed and when, then see if anyone wants to tag along.
    A lot of the ryding groups in BC only post their info on Facebook.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-11-2024 at 05:17 PM.
    Michael G
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue