Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Your Weather News @ March Edition 2024

....Greetings to you from Indiana. Yes, another month has passed on and now we will enjoy the Merry days of March.
    So come on board and Post Up some local Weather News from your area of the World. It is really easy and you will feel good.
    As always be careful about your Post, because we are family rated.
    Thanks and enjoy your Day.

Your Spyder Forum Member. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Friday 3/1/24

....Welcome to Friday's Edition and March 2024. I have a little rain shower this morning and 29°F. February Weather was all over the place.
    Up and down what a crazy ride.

Today is going to be about the same as yesterday.
    High will be only 43°F with some clouds.
    Low at 29°F and some rain showers coming in the afternoon.
    Stay in the Game and play Fair. ....

Spyder Garage

Happy first day of March. Spring, for you non-Southern people, comes officially in three weeks. We are starting off with high 50's today. Then 4 days of 70's. The dogwood tree in my back yard has pretty white blossoms on it, and the other trees now all have leaves on them. A couple weeks, and I will have to fire up the John Deere for a grass cut. I actually enjoy that task.

I sure don't miss leaving Alaska now going on five years ago. My, My, how the time does fly by.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My post today is my recap of February. I rode 13 times last month and logged 1168 miles. Temperature for tomorrow is supposed to be mid 60s so most likely will ride tomorrow. Looking forward to times when warm weather is not dependent on gale force winds coming out of the south.

Spyder Garage

We're marching (pun intended) closer to spring here in the desert. Currently 75 and headed to a high of 80 today. Nothing but blue skies. My computer says there is a 7 MPH breeze. The leaves on the trees says the wind is calm. I believe the leaves. Stay safe..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Weekend Weather 3-02-24 and 3-03-24

First Weekend of March and we will have some warmer temperatures. Currently clear sky and 41°F. I noticed that the trees are starting to bud out. Several of the wife's flowers are springing up.

Today's high should be 55°F and mostly cloudy.
    Low 41°F and no rain in the forecast.

Sunday's high of 68°F with clouds.
    Low at 55°F.

Stay Healthy and Be Safe. ....

Spyder Garage

Well March came in like the proverbial Lion. High winds, cold, and lots of snow. Hope it fulfills the other half and goes out like a Lamb.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-03-2024 at 10:07 AM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

High 70's for us today. Weather says we may break another record.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Monday 3/4/24

...Welcome back from a great weekend. Indiana was blessed with lots of sunshine. Currently we have 69°F and mostly cloudy sky.

Today's numbers are 74°F and 57°F.
    I enjoyed my morning Ryde Time.
    Just didn't want to stop.
    No rain in the forecast for today.
    But look out for tomorrow.
    Calling for off and on all day rain.

Stay Safe and Enjoy your Day. ...

Spyder Garage

Default Tuesday 3/05/24

....Well folks the rain is on the Way. Currently we have overcast sky and 59°F.
    Just wanted to say thanks for yesterday's sunshine.....74°F. ....

High today of 63°F with some rain showers.
    Low at 43°F and more rain showers.
    Yes, going to be a little cooler with the rain.

Stay in the Game and Be Happy. ....

Spyder Garage

We are in the 70's today. Supposed to cool down to the 60's the next three days or so.

Had thunder boomers most of the night and into early morning. By 9:00 they had passed us by. No violent storms though.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We have been having typical winter weather here in the desert. Blue skies and lots of warm sunshine. High today will be 76. The overnight low will be 50. No clouds and the wind is calm. No change in this weather pattern for the next 10 days. Heading out on a little trike ride in a few minutes. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Wednesday 3/6/24

....Welcome to my local area weather news.
    Currently 49°F with clouds. It looks like a rain shower is on the way, but I don't know for sure.

High today of 50°F with clouds.
    Low of 40°F.
    Enjoy your Day and Stay Safe. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Thursday 3/07/24

...Welcome to my local area weather news from Indiana. Currently I have 45°F and cloudy sky.
    The Texas Smoke has been somewhat difficult for me. Hopefully this big wildfire can be put out soon. They are saying that this is now the largest fire ever. Praying for you guys in that area. ....

Today is a dry day. High of 54°F with clouds.
    Low at 46°F.

Stay in the Game. ....

Spyder Garage

Surprise..... We're having a "weather break" here in the desert. Temperatures dropped 15 degrees and rain will start about 1PM and last into the late evening. This wasn't in the forecast just a couple days ago. The high today will only get to 58. Brrrrrrrr! Not seeing any wind and right now the skies are partly cloudy. Off to the SW the sky is black and heading our way. By tomorrow we'll be back to dry and sunny. Meanwhile it's going to be a hot coco afternoon. Stay safe..... Jim
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

The current temp in Vt. is 43 degrees.

We had a good soaking of heavy rain the last of few days, and we will be drying out and clearing out the skies as we go through the overnight hours and into the day on Friday. A number of rivers and streams that experienced some minor flooding problems are receding nicely and should be will below flood stage by Friday morning.

Friday will have lots of sunshine and continued warm temps that are running well above normal this time of the year. Things will change big time over the weekend.

Another strong storm system will be moving in with more rain which could again lead to some flooding problems. But this storm still have some colder air with it the higher elevations, so there could be some good snow accumulations. There will be a lot of wind with this storm., too so power outages could be a concern. The Monday Morning commute may be tough, away from the Champlain Valley.

As the storm depart on Monday, there will be lingering snow showers, mainly in the mountains, along with blustery conditions.

Things will quite down after that with lots of sunshine for mid-week and temps still above normal.

( off topic, all of our snow mobile trails are closed).

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Friday 3/8/24

....Well folks this is Friday's weather news from Indiana. Currently cloudy sky and lots of rain this morning. Now the word is all day rain showers. Temperature is 46°F.

High today of 58°F with rain.
    Low at 43°F and some more rain.
    Hopefully everyone will be Safe with all this rain.

Stay in the Game. ....

Spyder Garage

We reach low 60's today. A cold front is moving our way as of 4:00 PM. We have had a couple showers but no violent storms. A couple days like this and the weather is supposed to go up to the 70's. The grass is greening up, the fields are greening up, and the leaves are popping out all over. We have many blossoming trees here. Whites, pink, purple and reds. The early flowers are coming up also. Yellow and lavender are the two most prevalent colors.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I went on one of those 'out & back' rydes earlier today (it's just gone 13:00 here now tho, & I'm back home & inside, where the A/C is keeping things bearable!) Heading out, it was wonderful for about an hour or so, largely had the roads to myself as I headed East in the growing morning light, just before the sun really came up; not a cloud in the sky, just the bushfire & dust haze that's common this time of year, and there was a bit of dew glistening on the grass & bushes, birds quietly warbling to themselves in the trees, not too hot, not too cold, no wind to speak of, and all the animals were slowly meandering around looking for a cool spot where there'd be shade later on....

Then pretty much as soon as the sun started painting the sky that bright orange, 'just before sunrise' colour it gets, especially when it's tinged a bit darker & hazy with all the dust & smoke from fires pretty much all around us (but so far, well away from us - touch wood! ) suspended in the air, I turned around and headed for home - but it was just as if someone had flicked a switch & changed the scenery! Gone was all the fresh beauty, instead everything suddenly took on a harsher, drier colour... The animals all stopped moving & settled in wherever they were, blending almost invisibly into their surroundings, with just the twitch of an ear or a lazy wave to brush away the flies to give their positions away; the birds just suddenly all stopped making any noises; the dew disappeared, burnt off in the moments after sunrise; and the air took on that really smokey, burnt, harshly dry taste & feel we get around here on hot days when there's fires out there!! The humidity had been about 20% earlier, but that disappeared off the display, replaced with a non-comital 'your guess is as good as mine' blank line - still, I didn't sweat any, or if I did, it evaporated off immediately, and even the asphalt started to look burnt! The radio said the outside temperature hit 39°C (102°F) by about 10:00, but the dash was telling me it was pushing 50°C (122°F) on/in the bike, and I can tell you I was bloody glad when I got home not too long after 10:30! Riding the bike into the shade inside the shed was like walking into a cool room, but then walking back out & shutting the door was like stepping back into a furnace, even with the quick sprint into the cool of the A/c inside the house!!

I'd put shade cloth over all of the vege's & fruit trees earlier; I'd 'deep soaked' the lawns & trees etc a few times over the last week; the car's out but covered; the bike's away (it's MY bike, the car's the wife's! ) and I reckon I'm settled inside for most of the day now! I'll hafta go out to pick up the Child Bride & some meds this arvo after 16:00, so not really looking forward to that! But this is our welcome to Autumn here - the BushFire Brigades are all on stand-by as we've got tonnes of dry leaf litter/undergrowth on the ground, and the next week is forecast to be hot & dry, with temps in high 30's/low 40's °C (100-110°F) until maybe Thursday, when they expect some monsoonal type rain to get pushed South far enough to take the edge off the heat for a few days... But I'm not counting on it - all my riding will be in the early morning for the foreseeable future... At least until winter truly sets in... IF we get one this year!

Aaaand, I'd better go check the alerts; I'm not rostered on today, but I just heard all three of our local Fire-Fighting Air-Tractors fly over pretty low, followed by a couple of helicopters that sounded like they were already lugging water... So maybe it's already hit the fan out there?! ...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2024 at 11:23 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Today we had sunshine, and spring-like temps, there will be some BIG changes as we go through the weekend.

A strong storm system will be moving in late Saturday, lasting all the way through the day on Monday. This storm will be bringing us rain, snow, and wind.

Most of Saturday will be OK with just mostly cloudy skies. But by late afternoon, rain will be moving into New York from the Midwest. In the mountains, it will be cold enough for this to turn into snow. The rain and mountain snow will move east and overspread VT & New Hampshire through the evening. As we get towards Sunday morning, even in the valleys we will be getting a little bit of snow.

For most of the day on Sunday, there will be a lull in the action, but by Sunday night into Monday a second part of this storm will be coming in with more snow showers, mainly in the mountains. And it will be blustery day too!

This will be a long duration storm, lasting from late Saturday through Monday. Although there could be as much as an inch or two or rainfall in the valleys, there should be no widespread flooding concerns, other than a few of the usual trouble spots this time of the year, like the Otter Creak and the Mad River.

As for snow accumulation, elevations above about 1,000 feet will be ending up with anywhere from 4" to as much as 12" or more over the duration of the storm. Valleys will only get a trace to around 3".

The combination of heavy, wet snow during the first part of the storm and some strong gusty winds could result in power outages in the higher elevations. Once the storm gets out of here on Monday night, the weather will quieten down and warm up again for mid-week. By the end of week, there will be a chance for a few rain showers.

Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-09-2024 at 05:34 AM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Weekend Weather 3/9 - 3/10

...For Safety Issue with the rain. Flooding is never your friend. Remember to listen to the news in your local area. Most of the time, they get it right. I have always said, "better safe than sorry".
    Currently I have 42°F with clouds.

Today the high should be about 45°F with clouds.
    Low of 28°F. Maybe get some snow showers late tonight.

Remember to 'Spring Forward' the Time on your Clocks ⏰️.
    Yes it is that time again. ......

Sunday's high 45°F with sunshine
    Low at 29°F.
    Spring is coming soon.
    Everything looks good for now.
    Be Safe and Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Monday 3/11/24

...Welcome back from the Weekend currently we have a little display of clouds @28°F. It's still dark do to the 'Time Change'. Most of us here in the United States of America have to play this game with the Time. ........

High today of 59°F with mostly sunny skies.
    Low is going to be about 40°F.
    No rain in the forecast.
    Stay Healthy and Be Safe. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Tuesday 3/12/24

....Good Morning and getting ready for an early Ryde. Currently clear sky and 49°F. Yesterday was a beautiful dry day here in Indiana. Going to be sunny with some clouds.

Today it's going to be 68°F and some clouds.
    Low around 45°F. No rain today.

Stay Safe and Be Patient. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Wednesday 3/13/24

...Another fine day and lots of Sunshine, currently 68°F. Got in my morning ryde and what a blast. I hope you get some ryde time.

High today of 72°F with sunshine.
    Low at 55°F.

Stay Safe and Enjoy Your Day. ....

Spyder Garage

Three days of 70's and mostly blue skies. The leaves, fields, and lawns are greening up. Time to hit the lawn mower in a couple days.

2020 F3L , Magma Red