Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Have you got all the spare parts, belts, hoses, fuel injectors, plug wires and all the other parts for your car just in case something should break? ......
    All those parts listed can be and have an inspection maintenance scheduled……… now, if you can come up with a way to diagnose an electrical part with a KNOWN high failure rate, and be able to replace that part before being inconvenienced, I wanna know.

Cash is king…… Next topic, what’s the best color?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-28-2024 at 03:33 PM.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

With the wait times I have heard about on this board for a left hand switch cluster, I have been debating about getting a spare to have on hand if it ever does fail just due to the fact I don't want to wait for BRP to decide when they are going to make them again.

If I knew that BRP was a "dependable" manufacturer and would have spare parts readily available I wouldn't have to worry about this, Unfortunately that is not the case so I am preparing for the worse case scenario.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-28-2024 at 01:53 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    With the wait times I have heard about on this board for a left hand switch cluster, I have been debating about getting a spare to have on hand if it ever does fail just due to the fact I don't want to wait for BRP to decide when they are going to make them again.

If I knew that BRP was a "dependable" manufacturer and would have spare parts readily available I wouldn't have to worry about this, Unfortunately that is not the case so I am preparing for the worse case scenario.
    Yes, thank you for seeing my point.
    Last edited by bikerchris1270; 02-28-2024 at 02:06 PM.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

I don't think I would go as far as changing it out right away, but I do want to have it on hand if needed.

I don't want to wait for 10 months for one to arrive like other members have had to do.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I don't think I would go as far as changing it out right away, but I do want to have it on hand if needed.

I don't want to wait for 10 months for one to arrive like other members have had to do.
    I will purchase the parts and have them when I travel far from home. I’m confident that I’ll be able to sell them if not used in the future.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Safety will always dictate having spares on hand. But that also requires knowledge and tools to get the job done right.......
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 02-28-2024 at 03:47 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Excellent, I’ve been diagnosed as Paranoid…….that’s what my problem is.
    Just kidding but...that is why we are watching you..lol
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 02-28-2024 at 03:47 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    Safety will always dictate having spares on hand. But that also requires knowledge and tools to get the job done right.......
    In the scenario I am talking about, even if you are at a dealer's having it diagnosed, and they can't get the part in within 10 months when they go to order it, then you will be wishing you had that one on hand!

And with the history that is recorded of this issue, not only with the part itself but also with the infamous wait times, it doesn't matter if you have the tools or knowledge to do the repair if you just can't get the part to repair it.

Would I carry it with me on the road?... Of course not. Do I want it on my shelf as a standby for a known issue? ... Damn right I do.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-28-2024 at 10:52 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black