Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome racoon to SL

Welcome racoon, post up a hello, introduce yourself & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community racoon, from the staff at Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.

Spyder Garage

Default Newbie

Greetings. I spent about 6 hours yesterday (Saturday, Feb 24) taking a Can-Am three wheel class offered by a local organization. While there were supposed to be four attendees, it ended up being just me and the instructor, which means I got a lot of time on the Ryker that was being used for the training. I'm in Tennessee, so completing the class earned me a document I can supposedly take to the BMV to add a motorcycle endorsement to my driver's license without having to take any tests. I'll see if it works next week when I visit the BMV. And a document that will supposedly earn me a discount on insurance once I buy my own ride.

There's a local Can-Am dealer that works with the training organization, which I've been told will give me a discount on my purchase if I tell them I attended the class. Now I have to decide between the Spyder F3-T and Spyder RT Limited they have in stock, or shop farther afield.

I like the color of the F3-T they have, but it doesn't have the top case, which I'd really like, as I plan to eventually do some extended trips on a Spyder.

So I landed here looking at options for a top case.
    Thanks.
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Racoon. I hope you enjoy it. You can find lots of good information here in the different areas of the forum about the different Models of Rykers and Spyders. I hope to see you around the forum soon.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Thanks CopperSpyder!

The Tennessee BMV was efficient, for once, and I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. I now have a temporary license with a motorcycle endorsement, and should receive the permanent license in a few weeks.

There is a motorcycle dealer where I live which displays CAN-AM signs, but I learned they aren't actually an official CAN-AM dealer, so I didn't even stop by.

Last Wednesday, I ended up at a dealer about 90 minutes away from where I live, after scheduling a visit with their internet sales person, and when I showed up and asked for the sales person I was greeted with smiles and a warm welcome.

And to be honest, there were only a few Rykers on display, and most of their showroom was a lot of other CAN-AM products, including Sea-Doos, Ski-Doos, and ATVS. And even a couple electric motorcycles. And some Royal Enfield motorcycles.

After chatting for awhile, and sitting on a couple of the Rykers, I mentioned that their website said they had a Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky in stock, and asked if I could see it. They told me they had one, and that I could look at it, but could not sit on it as someone had already placed a deposit on it.

The dealership building was on two levels. The front of the building is at street level, and is where the showroom is located. The salesman took me through an "employee only" door into the back, and then down a flight of stairs to the lower level which had their huge stock room (I saw a lot of sea-doos and ski-doos on racks against the walls) and a couple of huge 4 wheel vehicles that I learned are CAN-AM Defender MAX, that have heating and air conditioning.

And then he showed me the Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky that had already been sold. I fell in love with it. I asked when they might get another one, and he said let me check the computer and see what we have. He took me back upstairs to the showroom, sat me down at his desk, offered me coffee and water, and then banged on his computer for awhile, and then excused himself. I later learned me went to talk to the sales manager to confirm what he saw in the computer.

The dealer I went too actually has three locations in Tennessee, along with a warehouse where they receive the shipments from CAN-AM and other vendors. They have a delivery truck that gathers orders for each of the locations from the warehouse, then makes the trip around the state to deliver to each of the locations. He said the warehouse had one, but it would take about a week from them to get it and then it would take time to uncrate and assemble it.

So he filled out a “Buyers Order” document and I put down a deposit and went home.

Wednesday, March 13th I got a call from the salesperson telling me that it had arrived and asking if I still wanted it. We talked and he confirmed the numbers on the Buyers Order and I made an appointment for this morning, Friday. He emailed me an updated copy of the Buyers Order with specifics of my Spyder, including the VIN number. Thursday I went to my bank and got a certified check for the agreed amount, and I took the Buyers Order document to my insurance agent this morning and got insurance coverage, and then I went to the dealer.

The first thing the salesman asked when I walked in the door today was whether I wanted to see it? He had big grin on his face, then took me downstairs. As we walked into the service area where my Spyder was, the mechanic was checking the oil level. The salesman explained I was the buyer, and the mechanic smiled as he replaced the dipstick, and then excused himself and walked over to a coffee pot in the corner.

The absolute first thing I noticed is that it wasn’t shiny! So I reached out and touched the top case, and released it had a matte finish. Yeah, okay, I knew the color name was Vegas White Satin, but I had not realized it meant it had a satin textured finish. Yeah, I guess I’m an idiot.

Back upstairs to the “finance guy”, which meant a lot of paper work, lots of pages to sign or initial, and then handing over the check and I own a Spyder!

Next step is to schedule delivery of the Spyder to my home. The dealer uses a contractor with an enclosed trailer for their deliveries. It’s about 90 miles from the dealer to my home, and the cost should be about $225 for the delivery.

I did take a few pictures, and posted one, and I'm sure the mods will eventually approve it.
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin