Spyder Garage

Default Can I use this Motorcycle Lift for Servicing my Ryker? Where to lift?

A question for the knowledgeable folks on this forum.

I have recently purchased (but not yet received!) a 2023 900 Sport and already have an OTC 1545 Motorcycle/ATV lift (https://otctools.com/products/motorcycle-lift).
    Can this be used to lift the Ryker safely? If so, where would be the best location for the lift?

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-25-2024 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ryu1867 View Post
    A question for the knowledgeable folks on this forum.

I have recently purchased (but not yet received!) a 2023 900 Sport and already have an OTC 1545 Motorcycle/ATV lift (https://otctools.com/products/motorcycle-lift).
    Can this be used to lift the Ryker safely? If so, where would be the best location for the lift?

Thanks for any help!
    That Lift is sold under many, many different bramds .... and used by many, many folks here .... You want the lift arms under the middle area where the machine will balance .... It also should only contact the FRAME .... this type of lift has a Large area that will prevent easy access to things under the bike that you need access to ..... so after you get it up , you might have to put boxes / wood etc. under the tires and then remove that jack .... I use a small alumin. jack or one of my SCISSOR ( auto ) jacks ( under thee rear swing arm ).... because it allows plenty of uncluttered access to the drain plugs .... Good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-26-2024 at 03:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    That Lift is sold under many, many different bramds .... and used by many, many folks here .... You want the lift arms under the middle area where the machine will balance .... It also should only contact the FRAME .... this type of lift has a Large area that will prevent easy access to things under the bike that you need access to ..... so after you get it up , you might have to put boxes / wood etc. under the tires and then remove that jack .... I use a small alumin. jack ot one of my SCISSOR ( auto ) jacks .... because it allows plenty of uncluttered access to the drain plugs .... Good luck .... Mike
    This is the Ryker section - and the OP is talking about a Ryker. The Rykers do not have the same center frame rail that the Spyders do that folks use this jack on.

For the Rykers - I typically run the front wheels up on ramps. Make sure you block the front wheels - and then you can raise the back wheel up using the swingarm and place blocks under that back tire. This works very well for me. There is no good place under the Ryker to place the jack in question to lift the entire bike up like you can on the Spyders.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    This is the Ryker section - and the OP is talking about a Ryker. The Rykers do not have the same center frame rail that the Spyders do that folks use this jack on.

For the Rykers - I typically run the front wheels up on ramps. Make sure you block the front wheels - and then you can raise the back wheel up using the swingarm and place blocks under that back tire. This works very well for me. There is no good place under the Ryker to place the jack in question to lift the entire bike up like you can on the Spyders.
    Thanks for correcting me ..... I did not know they are Frame-less .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks for correcting me ..... I did not know they are Frame-less .....Mike
    I wouldn't necessarily call them frameless - but sadly don't have that common Spyder staple of the center frame beam. Man I sure wish they did - that's so super handy for lifting the Spyder and sadly you can't get the Ryker up in the air the same way. Ugh!

As you said though - that style jack on the Spyders is awesome - on the Ryker - not so much.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black