Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Angry More 2024 RT Limited Issues - Heated Passenger Handgrips not working!

Took my Spyder to the Dealer today with more issues, rear heated passenger grips not working. Was informed by the service Manager that there is a bulletin stating that the heated grips were not installed and they are waiting for new heated grips to complete the recall. Not sure why Can Am released the new model knowing that there was a lot of issues and items not completed. Heated Rear Grips, Applecar play and Error Code U0155 to name a few
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Hate to say it but we are still feeling the backlash from Covid in many ways!! And Corporate Greed. Get it out the door anyway you can, and let the dealers, deal with the mess!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

how about this they had a choice dont build any bikes until receive all the correct parts so they have to shut down the factory lay off all employees until everything ready then fire up build part of the bikes needed before the convert to snowmobiles or go ahead build and ship so we may have bikes at dealers and let dealers install when available

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    how about this they had a choice dont build any bikes until receive all the correct parts so they have to shut down the factory lay off all employees until everything ready then fire up build part of the bikes needed before the convert to snowmobiles or go ahead build and ship so we may have bikes at dealers and let dealers install when available
    I agree with what you are saying, however my issue is that they should have told the Dealerships so that anyone purchasing the bike could have been made aware of the issues. If my Salesman had told me up front (if indeed even even new) then i would not have had an issue and would still have purchased. How did these issues not appear on the Delivery Inspection report?
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    Took my Spyder to the Dealer today with more issues, rear heated passenger grips not working. Was informed by the service Manager that there is a bulletin stating that the heated grips were not installed and they are waiting for new heated grips to complete the recall. Not sure why Can Am released the new model knowing that there was a lot of issues and items not completed. Heated Rear Grips, Applecar play and Error Code U0155 to name a few
    U0155 means bad battery. My2024 RT did the same thing, so I had them put a different battery into it. CanAm makes their own batteries and that’s what is in it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-25-2024 at 06:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    U0155 means bad battery. My2024 RT did the same thing, so I had them put a different battery into it. CanAm makes their own batteries and that’s what is in it.

Actually, U0155's Description is "LOSS OF COMMUNICATION WITH CLUSTER", nothing to do with the Battery, it's linked to Apple Carplay not working. I have a copy of the BRP Bulletin
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-25-2024 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

The bad battery causes the 'loss of communication with cluster' problem, I just went thru this with my 2024 Spyder RTL. But you are correct.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2024 at 05:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

The same error showed on my 2024 spyder RT too. (UO155)
    I will need to check to see if my rear hand grips heat or not.
    As for the dealer, they did say that there was a issue, and a trouble ticket was submitted, and are still waiting for a reply.
    It looks like there is more info HERE than from the dealer.
    I just informed the dealer, so hopefully they will check with BRP about this service bulletin.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2024 at 04:10 PM. Reason: then... :-(

Spyder Garage

I guess I'll have to check my passenger grips now too. I know the drivers ones work, and the seats work after swapping the heater cables since they were wired backward originally...

Got 250 miles on mine so far, no errors or other issues. Knock on wood...

Spyder Garage

Just received word that my 2024 RT Limited has hit the warehouse. Hopefully can pick up soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OlJim; 02-27-2024 at 04:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Great! Just in time for warmer weather. Trust me, you"re going to love it.

Spyder Garage

Took mine out yesterday and confirmed passenger heated grips seem to be working. So other than the heated site wires being wired backwards when I got it, mine's been trouble free so far for first 350 miles now.

Spyder Garage

Lets keep this thread going about when apple car play update are available.
    I also noticed on my 2024 RT limited that it sometimes connects to my WiFi, and other times it can not connect, at two different locations.
    Yesterday I noticed it did not want to Bluetooth to my iphone, no matter how many times it did it.
    It was connected a couple days ago, and now does not show the iphone that was connected.
    I have not tried my bluetooth head set again.
    I was set up and worked a couple days ago too.
    My passenger hand grips do work, but do not get very warm compared to the front.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    Lets keep this thread going about when apple car play update are available.
    I also noticed on my 2024 RT limited that it sometimes connects to my WiFi, and other times it can not connect, at two different locations.
    Yesterday I noticed it did not want to Bluetooth to my iphone, no matter how many times it did it.
    I have experienced the same with the WiFi. I have a mesh system so signal is good in the garage. Sometimes it will connect, sometimes it will not.

The BT does seem a bit touchy as well on mine. I am having issues with my Cardo headset, I need to figure out I guess which channel I should use for the headset vs the bike as I think it may matter which order they are paired up.

I rode last weekend and had the Apple Maps navigation voice at least coming out of the speakers on the bike. Not ideal but worked well enough to get me to where I wanted to be. I'm really pissed that CarPlay still doesn't work since that's one of the reasons I waited (and paid more $$$) for the 2024 model. Hopefully it is released soon and not later this year (or never).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    I have experienced the same with the WiFi. I have a mesh system so signal is good in the garage. Sometimes it will connect, sometimes it will not.

The BT does seem a bit touchy as well on mine. I am having issues with my Cardo headset, I need to figure out I guess which channel I should use for the headset vs the bike as I think it may matter which order they are paired up.

I rode last weekend and had the Apple Maps navigation voice at least coming out of the speakers on the bike. Not ideal but worked well enough to get me to where I wanted to be. I'm really pissed that CarPlay still doesn't work since that's one of the reasons I waited (and paid more $$$) for the 2024 model. Hopefully it is released soon and not later this year (or never).
    Well at least other people are having the same problem as myself.
    You said you have a cardo unit. do you pair the unit to the spyder and the phone, or just the spyder?.
    When I set my spyder up for the first time, no problems at all setting up wifi and BT, now it finicky.
    How warn does your passenger handle grip get, mine just get a little warm, differently not warm enough to keep your hands warm going down the road.

Spyder Garage

Well at least other people are having the same problem as myself.
    You said you have a cardo unit. do you pair the unit to the spyder and the phone, or just the spyder?.
    When I set my spyder up for the first time, no problems at all setting up wifi and BT, now it finicky.
    How warn does your passenger handle grip get, mine just get a little warm, differently not warm enough to keep your hands warm going down the road.
    My wife said the passenger grips didn't get smoking hot, just "warm". The driver grips can get pretty toasty though.

I need to research the Cardo unit some more as it has multiple channels I guess. Need to figure out if I should pair the Cardo to my phone first, then to the Spyder on Ch 2, or vice versa for best results.

Spyder Garage

Shawn Smoak said in his vlog today, 03-06-24, that Apple Car Play will be available the middle of this month.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    My wife said the passenger grips didn't get smoking hot, just "warm". The driver grips can get pretty toasty though.

I need to research the Cardo unit some more as it has multiple channels I guess. Need to figure out if I should pair the Cardo to my phone first, then to the Spyder on Ch 2, or vice versa for best results.
    Well here is a update to my question about my 2024 spyder and my cardo.
    I was able to pair my iphone to the spyder.
    I was able to pair my cardo packtalk bold to the spyder.
    I did not pair the cardo to my iphone.
    It looks like everything worked correctly, I could hear through my head set, I could push the mic button on my spyder, and the siri circle opened up and I could make a phone call.

Spyder Garage

I tried this yesterday:

Paired Cardo to iPhone on Channel 1, shows up in Cardo App now
    Paired Cardo to Headset 1 on Spyder, using Channel 2
    Paired iPhone to Spyder

I think it's all working now, did not try the mic button on Spyder, have to look and see where that is.

Still waiting like everyone else on CarPlay update.

Spyder Garage

Can you use cardo connect since it's not paired to your phone?
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

As for passenger grips heat - Mine don't get very warm.
    I checked to make sure they're installed, which they are, and hooked up; so I guess I will call my Can Am dealer to see what they say?
    Last edited by Johndeeredoo; 03-15-2024 at 08:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

2024 can am spyder seat heat.
    Well it's 3-15-24, and I noticed that the passenger seat heat is controlling the drivers seat heat. I had to change the plugs around.

Also noticed a new fault code 'B2215 heated leaver open or short circuit".
    I wonder what BRP is going to say about this one.
    I hope it not like the reply about fault code "loss of communication with cluster"

Spyder Garage

2024 can am spyder seat heat.
    Well it's 3-15-24, and I noticed that the passenger seat heat is controlling the drivers seat heat. I had to change the plugs around.
    So at least I'm not the only one that had reversed heated seat cables . I had to do the same thing on mine.

Spyder Garage

So I have had my 2024 RTL for a month now with no Apple Car Play. As others have said, this was the main selling point that prompted me to trade in my 2020 RTL. As of today 3-15-24 my Spyder will connect with my WiFi but the system says no updates are available.
    I have been able to go into "media" and play music from my iPhone using bluetooth, but that is not all I wanted. I would like to be able to use Waze for navigation. I hope to continue to follow this thread for any updates. My dealer and their service department are clueless.
    I appreciate this group.

Spyder Garage

I took delivery of my 2024 RTL on February 29th. I guess you could say it's a leap year baby. At that time, I was told "In a few weeks". Then I was told middle of March, and yesterday when I took it back to the dealer, they said they have no idea when the Apple Carplay will be available. Can you say, "Class Action Lawsuit"? This comes awful close to false advertising in my books. It's not only the RT series but every model that BRP markets, including some of the high dollar off road stuff.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-18-2024 at 07:21 PM.