Spyder Garage

Red face I made a Pedal Commander Waterproof case!

There were cases where the Commander was damaged when the bike was washed with high-pressure water sprayer. So, I created a design tailored to the customer through 3D design and produced it with a 3D printer.

The performance was very good.

It is completely waterproof even when high-pressure water is sprayed close to it.

The photos I made in real life are gone.

untitled.254.jpg untitled.257.jpg untitled.263.jpg

untitled.271.jpg untitled.275.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

IMHO, a High pressure washer should not be used on your Spyder. ..... There have been numerous reports that bad things happen when this is done .... good luck ....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 04:22 PM. Reason: sdone...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO, a High pressure washer should not be used on your Spyder. ..... There have been numerous reports that bad things happen when this is done .... good luck ....Mike
    Yeah, like people used to post on here all the time about getting flattened radiator fins from a pressure washer.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Since I have the app, I just put my pedal commander under my seat.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

FYI
    Truth in "advertising"
    Years ago, watches like Rolex, Omega, Brietling, in fact most of that industry as well as others used the Words "Water Proof".
    Then people with 100m "water proof" watches started experiencing problems while wearing these in their showers, and during dives that were less than 100m.
    They were SUED. The result is today they all state Water Resistant, because it was found that NOTHING is Water Proof. Nothing.
    But Kudos on the idea and design, a little EXTRA is always welcomed even if just for inclement weather.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    oh....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Mine is also under my seat. No reason to have it mounted out in the open. Bad weather and thieves can happen at anytime.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    Since I have the app, I just put my pedal commander under my seat.
    That's the way to go. We already have more than enough cluttering up our handlebars. A smart phone can do several jobs and helps to reduce clutter.

Or, if you want to mount more stuff, you could get a set of these handlebars!

Handlebars.jpg
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    That's the way to go. We already have more than enough cluttering up our handlebars. A smart phone can do several jobs and helps to reduce clutter.

Handlebars.jpg
    Mount more stuff - YEAH, you can never have enough mirrors!

And if he runs out of room on those handlebars, and there's still acres of real estate left just begging for more add-ons back there on the pipes!

But I reckon he is missing out on a lot of visual impact by not adding Wheelie bars?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 05:16 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

My main tool for washing is a large dollop of Elbow Grease.

Also a soft cloth, a soft bristle brush, a doodlebug floor cleaning pad and a bucket full of some quality wash n wax.
    Application of water is a gentle spray. I dont let it drip dry but wipe it down with a 3M Chamois Cloth.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

They look nice !

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I hit it with my leaf blower right after rinse, then dry using a micro fiber towel.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I use a pressure washer with foam soap and common sense. So far no problem.
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Spyder Garage

I guess I'm the outlier here because my PC is mounted on the dash and has never had a problem even in very heavy downpours.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post

Handlebars.jpg
    OK with an aftermarket seat and backrest he should be good for a 500 mile day. Another advantage is when he gets stopped by the Police, they will not have to tell him "hands up'. I do hope this is photoshopped.
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kongdoly View Post
    There were cases where the Commander was damaged when the bike was washed with high-pressure water sprayer. So, I created a design tailored to the customer through 3D design and produced it with a 3D printer.

The performance was very good.

It is completely waterproof even when high-pressure water is sprayed close to it.

The photos I made in real life are gone.

untitled.254.jpg untitled.257.jpg untitled.263.jpg

untitled.271.jpg untitled.275.jpg
    No friggen way I'd use a high-pressure washer. Too many electrical connectors that can get easily compromised, IMHO.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    No friggen way I'd use a high-pressure washer. Too many electrical connectors that can get easily compromised, IMHO.
    And there's all sorts of other things too, like supposedly sealed bearings, brake calipers, axle hubs, plastic panel joins; the edges of painted bits; paint chips; any paint itself; the clear screen on the dash; polycarbonate light lenses/lens bodies; and a whole bunch more besides that won't generally let water get in or under during normal use (including driven rain while travelling at speed), but all bets are off when they get hit by the jet from a pressure sprayer!!

Sure, you might seemingly 'get away' with 'cleaning your Spyder or any other vehicle with a pressure sprayer' a few times, but you won't get away with it forever, and you probably won't even realise that it's done the damage it does do at the moment or shortly after the spray jet actually gets in/starts the damage; most times that damage takes a little (or a lottle! ) while to occur, after the moisture that's been forced thru the supposedly sealed seal, joint, edge, or whatever gets to work and starts corroding away on things &/or at a level you can't even see!

You really are not just RISKING long term damage by using a pressure washer on your Spyder, you ARE creating a longer-term issue that might take a while to manifest, but given time, it WILL, somewhere!! (or maybe everywhere?!)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2024 at 04:06 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!