Spyder Garage

Default Here's The New Electric Honda...

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/laur...21/id/1154430/

Here is the new electric Honda that everyone has been waiting for with baited breath.

Baited breath is what you get when you eat the crickets the USDA is developing for a protein source.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-21-2024 at 07:42 PM. Reason: scource
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Oh what a world we are fixing to enter...........
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Here we go again. Thanks Gwolf!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can't remember the name of it atm but wasn't there a little fold up honda you could throw in your trunk in the 70's? This looks exactly like it.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I can't remember the name of it atm but wasn't there a little fold up honda you could throw in your trunk in the 70's? This looks exactly like it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqrqCbifDA8

Moto Compo, but it was gas engine...............Now a highly prized collector item.

Known as a trunk bike. Not sure if you could carry the truck bike and a trunk monkey in the same trunk.

Better video that shows all the features of the Moto Compo;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SZmyVFH4T0
    Last edited by Gwolf; 02-21-2024 at 06:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

If you are looking at small trunk bikes, Honda is currently building something called the Honda Monkey. It is a little 124 cc 4 stroke with regular motorcycle suspension and a 5 speed tranny. It is the type of thing you might find at a beach scooter rental place in the Vacation Land. It is more of a mini-dirt bike, than a folding suitcase with wheels. Goes for about 4 grand for the 2024 models and you can design your own at the Honda Monkey website, adding a few of the optional features you might want.

Each state has different laws, but in Florida you need a motorcycle endorsement on your license to ride anything over 50 cc. The Honda Monkey uses the Honda Grom engine @ 125 cc, so you do need a motorcycle endorsement and a tag to ride it on the street. It will run over 50 MPH, so not really legal on the Interstse Highways unless you have a deathwish. It weighs in at about 100 KG ...... 2.2 pounds per KG if my memeory has not deserted me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gwolf; 02-21-2024 at 06:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    https://www.newsmax.com/finance/laur...21/id/1154430/

Here is the new electric Honda that everyone has been waiting for with baited breath.

Baited breath is what you get when you eat the crickets the USDA is developing for a protein source.
    Hang on I smell a rat.
    Why would you need a suitcase bike when the plans are for 15-minute cities. No cars needed if everything is a short walk away so I suspect what you're looking at is your new transport folks. Oh, and to be eligible for one there will be a few hoops you have to jump through first. Can't have you plebs thinking you run the show.
    On a positive note, that thing is going to put a whole new spin on burnouts.
    Honda.......... "The power of nightmares"
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-21-2024 at 07:42 PM.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Since I don't live on a city, the 15 minute city is not even on my radar. It is more than 15 minutes to even get to the nearest town, @ 60 MPH.

On a 15 MPH electric contraption, it would take a whole hour just to get to town, if the battery would hold out that long.

If they don't build what I need to get around, I will build it myself, and it wouldn't be the first time I have done it.

Spyder Garage

The Honda Monkey was something I was trying to talk a friend into buying for an adventure.
    After looking at one at a Honda dealer open house, I took a picture and tried to pitch the idea of we each buy one.
    and get some GoPro cameras and lets ride out to Yellowstone/Beartooth Pass from Minneapolis MN.
    His wife could follow us, haul our gear and we would take two weeks to ride out on two lane roads and put it on YouTube..
    Picture two 6'6" 300lbs, 65yrs riding these monkeys..
    Nope he wasn't have any of it.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    If you are looking at small trunk bikes, Honda is currently building something called the Honda Monkey. It is a little 124 cc 4 stroke with regular motorcycle suspension and a 5 speed tranny. It is the type of thing you might find at a beach scooter rental place in the Vacation Land. It is more of a mini-dirt bike, than a folding suitcase with wheels. Goes for about 4 grand for the 2024 models and you can design your own at the Honda Monkey website, adding a few of the optional features you might want.

Each state has different laws, but in Florida you need a motorcycle endorsement on your license to ride anything over 50 cc. The Honda Monkey uses the Honda Grom engine @ 125 cc, so you do need a motorcycle endorsement and a tag to ride it on the street. It will run over 50 MPH, so not really legal on the Interstse Highways unless you have a deathwish. It weighs in at about 100 KG ...... 2.2 pounds per KG if my memeory has not deserted me.
    We get what looks like the same engine in a sexier looking package to those things over here in Oz - the Honda Grom:

https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/minimoto/grom

Do you get them over there??

AFAICS, they're a pretty smart 'small' ICE machine for someone who only wants something for the City commute or a fun machine around town, but they're fast enough and rideable enough that there are quite a few people around here who regularly do longer miles on them - some daily running into the City from out where I am in the Hills; it might take them up to an hour to reach the freeway, but it's enjoyable riding & our versions of these bikes can easily do 70+ mph; so once they reach the freeway, it's only 40 odd minutes or so into the CBD!! And until these electric jobbies that are slowly hitting the market can fairly reliably travel at least 90-100 miles on one charge, they just won't work too well in these parts &/or further out in the rest of Oz's wide-open spaces?!

And I really don't see me'n Buster, my Assistance Dog, riding an electric suitcase around the backblocks any time soon.... Might be entertaining for those watching us go past tho?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-21-2024 at 11:48 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I'm still waiting on Honda to bring the Neowing to market
    https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...9bqtn4MshTxfNM
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    We get what looks like the same engine in a sexier looking package to those things over here in Oz - the Honda Grom:

https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/minimoto/grom

Do you get them over there??

AFAICS, they're a pretty smart 'small' ICE machine for someone who only wants something for the City commute or a fun machine around town, but they're fast enough and rideable enough that there are quite a few people around here who regularly do longer miles on them - some daily running into the City from out where I am in the Hills; it might take them up to an hour to reach the freeway, but it's enjoyable riding & our versions of these bikes can easily do 70+ mph; so once they reach the freeway, it's only 40 odd minutes or so into the CBD!! And until these electric jobbies that are slowly hitting the market can fairly reliably travel at least 90-100 miles on one charge, they just won't work too well in these parts &/or further out in the rest of Oz's wide-open spaces?!

And I really don't see me'n Buster, my Assistance Dog, riding an electric suitcase around the backblocks any time soon.... Might be entertaining for those watching us go past tho?!
    Yes, they still selling the Honda Grom here too. The engine is the same in the Grom and the Monkey. Says so on the Honda website if you click the specifications tab.

No reason you couldn't travel as many miles as you can pack gas for on one of them.

There is a reason you can't pack a can of electricity on the E-bikes.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-21-2024 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)