Spyder Garage

Default Are Can Am OEM Covers worth it vs After-Market Covers?

Hi all.

I have a 2017 F3-Limited and I need a new cover. I seem to get about 2 to 3 years out of the after-market covers that cost about $70 US dollars. I see Can Am sells a cover for $299 that looks like it fits snuggly. Since this is over triple the cost, is it worth it based on any experiences with Can Am OEM covers?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-19-2024 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2017 F3-Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    Hi all.

I have a 2017 F3-Limited and I need a new cover. I seem to get about 2 to 3 years out of the after-market covers that cost about $70 US dollars. I see Can Am sells a cover for $299 that looks like it fits snuggly. Since this is over triple the cost, is it worth it based on any experiences with Can Am OEM covers?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    I've had lots & lots of Mtc's (all types) .... IMHO, the less you spend the better off you are .... They are really just dust & sun protectors ..... I would never recommend you use any cover when trailering your Spyder or veh. ...... good luck ....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-19-2024 at 12:11 PM.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had buyers remorse about buying the oem cover when I saw that others were made the same but at a cheaper price.

My only consolation is that it has paid for itself as I normally keep my spyder garaged and it was used twice to cover the Spyder at the dealer for months at a time while waiting for repairs after an accident.

I also used it on my long trip a couple of years ago to keep her dry at night and covered up to keep it out of sight and hands off of it while in the parking lot at hotels.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-20-2024 at 03:14 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks to BlueKnight911 and CloverHillCrawler for the input. I appreciate the insight and help - plus you saved me a few $$$$.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    2017 F3-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the BRP full and half covers and tried the after-market too. Prefer OEM. Old saying is you get what you pay for. Look on the for sale section to see if someone has one. Also, EBAY HAS DEALS cheaper than $300. Got my full cover for under $150.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 07:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

There is no way in H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS where I would pay $300 for a motorcycle cover. The UltraGard cover is very nice and has a 5 year warranty. I would definitely look into one of those.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    Hi all.

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    I am Sorry to say, but save your money.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

My UltraGard works just fine. But I don't use it for inclement weather. It is just a sun/dust protector while at work. I own both the half and full cover.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!