Spyder Garage

Question Any ideas for unused passenger heated grips circuit and switch?

Hello everyone, I'm a new Spyder rider and new to this forum. I've just purchased my first Spyder, a used 2021 F3 Limited. I'll be installing passenger armrests and already asking myself what I might do in the future with the available passenger heated grips circuit and switch. I was wondering what other SpyderLovers have done with their circuit and switch and if some creative suggestion might be something I would want to do. I will be taping the connector ends and carefully tucking them in under the passenger seat, but it seems a shame not to use it for something useful in the future. Any ideas? Thank you.

Spyder Garage

That's a good question. I've done the armrest install and wondered the same thing. Could it be a light switch. Or perhaps a panic button that my passenger could press ... to administer a shock to the driver's butt?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey, chicks come and go so I wouldn't discard them just yet. I'm just say'n...........................

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that couple of suggestions.
    I was giving some thought to heated gear for the passenger. The driver is a bit more protected from the wind and has heated grips. Passenger has nothing. I saw a heated base layer jacket and riding gloves with the plugs and splitters. 12 volts and 6.4 amps total. I think the rear grips are a fused 10 amp circuit. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Anyone have a source for / or type of socket to use to plug in heated passenger gear?
    Of course the old cigarette lighter plug would not be an acceptable option. I would want an updated smaller 12v outlet of some sort. But it would need to be higher capacity and more sturdy than a USB.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Run your heated gear off of a separate fused line directly from your battery. Use SAE connectors.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRHorst View Post
    Anyone have a source for / or type of socket to use to plug in heated passenger gear?
    Of course the old cigarette lighter plug would not be an acceptable option. I would want an updated smaller 12v outlet of some sort. But it would need to be higher capacity and more sturdy than a USB.
    I'd give these people a try, lots of choices and all the gear you could possibly want. Just a suggestion, heated glove liners are warmer than heated gloves, and the 12 volt layer shirt from warm and safe will keep you and your passenger toasty. https://www.thewarmingstore.com/?utm...RoCci4QAvD_BwE

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White