Spyder Garage

Default Looking for Cat delete baffle recommendations - what do you use? Where from?

Looking for recommendations for a cat delete baffle. Who uses what and where did you buy it?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used the screen style and bought it with the delete pipe on SLs 4sale page. Save $$$$. However, it's not going to make a lot of difference. You're spyder's computer will make up the difference with or without it. You may detect a slight difference in exhaust sound but at speed, you won't or can't tell the difference. Good luck and have fun playing with your modifications.

Spyder Garage

got my cat delete and baffles from RLS exhaust
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBilly View Post
    Looking for recommendations for a cat delete baffle. Who uses what and where did you buy it?
    I have it .... but made my own ..... Mike

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just bought the Baldwin Iron works, I tried it without the baffle first and it sounded like a go cart on steriods and was way too loud.

My neighbor's would kill me for waking up their kids coming back in from a late night high speed run for Pizza at Mario's in Arlington, Va. during the summer at about 2:30-3:00 am.

I put in the baffle and wrapped the pipe with some double thick titanium tape and sprayed the pipe to prime it before I put the tape on and after I put the tape on with Black Hi temp silicone to seal the tape and the pipe.

The baffle made it sound more "normal" and not as loud, it is definitely at a more acceptable level. If I had the available money though I would go for the RLS one that has the resonator on it but it is also a big price jump also from $99 to $325 is what they are going for now, when I was looking at them they had it a higher price.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-16-2024 at 05:15 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I was on the fence regarding changing the exhaust on my 2022 RT STS. I was really liking quiet , but it sure generated heat. But I did cave in and bought a second cat delete from Paul Baldwin. I sold my first one and bought a Two Bros full exhaust for my F3S. That said, I still want quiet. In lieu of using the included 3.5" baffle, I found a 5" long baffle in my parts box. I will use this baffle, minus end plug. I did have the local ceramic coater coat my cat delete. Total cost for cat delete/ceramic coating was $140 versus then cost of $400 for a coated RLS cat delete. I expect the bike to be just a bit louder than stock with the longer baffle, but also much cooler. The RT bikes do have a slightly larger muffler than the F3's. We shall see ....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage
    2016 RT Limited Orbital Blue. Ultimate seat
    Bajaron swaybar,PV3 with BLR custom Tune
    Farrod front car tires p165/65/15
    Led headlights and fog lights
    Showchrome windshield.
    Two Brothers Muffler and cat delete pipe.

Spyder Garage

I like the look of the original muffler on my 2024 Spyder RT Limited but would like it a little louder.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Caps

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Troop, That sure looks nice with that ceramic coating.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Troop, That sure looks nice with that ceramic coating.
    Thanks .. I debated about doing it but WTH. It does look nice for something you won't see

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I sell the quietest and deepest at RLSExhaust.com but currently sold out. Email me at rlsexhaust@yahoo.com to get om my waiting list.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-19-2024 at 12:12 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I dumped the OEM cat and muffler for the delete pipe and a highly modified 2Bros muffler. It has a good sound (for me and the neighbors), and I dropped approx 30+ lbs of weight between the OEM muffler and the cat. I added a stage II, and I averaged 40 MPG, so I did something right. Now, if the owner could drop 30+ lbs, maybe I could average 45 MPG, you think?

Spyder Garage

I really do wish there were more vids on what the cat delete sounds like on a '21 RT. All I can find are F3 vids.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    I really do wish there were more vids on what the cat delete sounds like on a '21 RT. All I can find are F3 vids.
    I dunno that it'd make that much difference Quickdraw; after all, it duz'n matter if it's an F3-S; an F3-T or L; a base RT; an RT Ltd; or even a Sea to Sky; it's all basically the same engine!!

Sure, there's fewer placcy panels to damp the mechanical/engine sounds on any of the F3's; and even with a cat delete, the total length of an RT's exhaust from the exhaust flange on the head right thru to the exhaust outlet/tip is probably going to be at least a little longer & therefore quieter; so if anything, those F3 vids should be able to give you enough of an idea about the sound output to let you make up your mind - if you can handle the noise level on an F3 vid, then that exhaust/muffler/eliminator on an RT has pretty much GOT to be at least a little quieter, doesn't it?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-21-2024 at 06:15 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Peter. I may just get the RLS cat delete. I'll probably put some heat wrap tape on it as well. Currently though he's out of stock but that's ok because I can't ride for a couple more months anyhow. I saw it's not really that loud. A bit louder but nothing like the RLS crusher pipes I bought a couple years ago.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RLS Exhaust View Post
    I sell the quietest and deepest at RLSExhaust.com but currently sold out. Email me at rlsexhaust@yahoo.com to get om my waiting list.
    IMHO, you make THE best looking/deepest sounding cat delete in the market. I wrote a blurb about them in this thread - https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...er6-Mod-Thread but it somehow disappeared.

How odd ....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2024 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Exposed hidden URL to minimise spam/scam opportunities...
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    IMHO, you make THE best looking/deepest sounding cat delete in the market. I wrote a blurb about them in this thread - https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...er6-Mod-Thread but it somehow disappeared.

How odd ....
    You still have a blurb in that thread about them - post #77 - your mod number 21)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    You still have a blurb in that thread about them - post #77 - your mod number 21)
    Wow, good catch !!

Think I need new glasses, LOL.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !