Spyder Garage

Default Fitting F3 Handlebars on RT - any idea where to get stock F3 bars online?

So I have a 2024 Sea to Sky and the handlebars are basically flat and like an extended reach bar. The short reach bars are going to be too close to me, so I have seen where a lot of people swap to the F3 bars which are the perfect reach (I tried them already to make sure).

The issue is that all I can find are the extended reach and short reach bars for the F3.

Anyone have any idea where to get stock F3 bars online? I tried the dealer in my area, and they looked at me like I had three heads. The risers will not be enough for what I need.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2024 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

I saw those, I guess if worse comes to worse I can get them powder coated. Thank you...

Spyder Garage

Heck .. Even long reach bars for the F3 are taller than stock RT bars. I had leftover 2" Lamonster risers and long reach bars from my F3S. They're now on my 2022 STS.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    I saw those, I guess if worse comes to worse I can get them powder coated. Thank you...
    Stock finish scratches easily if you clamp anything to them, (don't ask how I know) A can of spray paint would be as good as the factory finish. A permanent marker covered my scratches, not perfect, but not really noticeable
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

can-am partshouse #709402241 $114.99

Spyder Garage

I looked at the bars in the Ebay link and they look like the extended reach not the stock.

Spyder Garage

So last night I was going to swap my bars with my wifes F3 just to see how it felt so I took off the first collar by the controls to slide the controls off the bar. I found that they changed the end of the bars on the 2024. It no longer just slides off from taking off the collar and. the end of the bar looks much more narrow. I guess it has something to do with the new control clusters on the 2024 models. After all these years the handlebars have changed. The middle of the bars by the neck are still the same and seems like the mount that holds the bars on is still the same too.

IMG_4053.jpg

Spyder Garage

So I was going to put stock F3 bars onto a 2024 Sea to Sky and removed the collars by the control to slide the controls off. When I did this I found that the controls no longer slide off at this point and the end of the bar seemed much more narrow. Must have something to do with changing the controls in 2024. Guess after all these years they decided to change the handlebars, which sucks because who knows how long before different bars are made for the 2024 like short reach and extended reach. The middle of the bars and the goose neck still appear to be the same.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Removed Post title after thread merge - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Contact BajaRon, a site sponsor. A friend of mine traded a standard F3 bar for a rear trunk strut. He might let you have it for next to nothing.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

709402934 is new f3 part number looks to be unavailable at this time

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My guess is that they will come out with different bars with the upgraded model of the F3 series. I am thinking that should happen within the next 2 years at the most. This F3 style has been the same for 9 years. That is how long they stuck with the RT styling until they finally made the change. I loved the changes, just wish the quality of parts and workmanship had stayed up.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white