Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2024 RT Ltd - Does BRP Go work with the new display? How do I connect?

i just picked up my new 2024 Spyder RT Limited and had a couple of questions about the new Display. Does the BRP Go application work with the new display, if so how do i connect it? The only info i can find refers to the old 7.8" display
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2024 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I tried and it didn't seem to work but I wouldn't use it anyway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    I tried and it didn't seem to work but I wouldn't use it anyway.
    Have you tried Apple Car Play yet? I don't have a Bluetooth communicator yet so i haven't tried it myself. I have heard rumors that it doesn't work and a software upgrade is in the works
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Yup doesn't work, read you had to buy it from BRP

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 2024’s have ACP and its built in so all you do is plug the phone in to access some of the apps needed for riding.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 02-14-2024 at 04:14 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    The 2024’s have AcP and its built in so all you do is plug the phone in to access some of the apps needed for riding.
    Looking at all the replies, i need my I Phone plugged in and a Bluetooth comms system, which i will be receiving today
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights

Spyder Garage

Just went out and tried it helmet connected, cable connected, like on the video doesn't work. There is no apple car play icon on the screen to turn on like in the video. Followed video to the tee and doesn't work.

Spyder Garage

Just went out and tried it helmet connected, cable connected, like on the video doesn't work. There is no apple car play icon on the screen to turn on like in the video. Followed video to the tee and doesn't work.
    This is what I received from the Can Am support when reported no apple carplay icon

"Good day Peter.

Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

We have not received any reports with this problem with the CarPlay, the preferable is that if it cannot be connected to your unit the dealer contact the Can-Am technical department to find a solution.

Should you have any other questions or comments, do not hesitate to reach us by replying to this email or call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Kind regards
    Leo C.
    Customer Service Representative."
    Last edited by Maplehawk; 02-14-2024 at 02:18 PM.
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

CarPlay

Just watched Smoak’s vlog from yesterday. According to him, BRP hasn’t received their licensing certificate from Apple, yet. I guess they shipped the machines anyway. However, the update will be easy enough once that update appears in a BUDS2 update. Dealer can do it for free.

Peter, I have no clue why your customer service guy replied the way he did, or who is correct. But, since the icon is missing, rather than just grayed out, sounds like it could be a licensing issue.

Shawn also mentioned an ability to do updates yourself over WiFi. Something convenient to learn how to do.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2024 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the Update
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Just a thought, as I know nothing about Apple products, but is it necessary to download the car play App to the phone. I use android and had to download the android auto app before it would connect to my car
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3Tyme View Post
    Just a thought, as I know nothing about Apple products, but is it necessary to download the car play App to the phone. I use android and had to download the android auto app before it would connect to my car
    Maple replied to you in that other thread. Yeah, it’s getting confusing. Short answer, No. there’s no app. It’s part of the vehicle’s electronic package. Once they get connected, the iPhone and the vehicle communicate between themselves without human intervention. All you have to do is point.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 02-14-2024 at 03:20 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Saw this on Facebook.

IMG_0640.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Just watched Smoak’s vlog from yesterday. According to him, BRP hasn’t received their licensing certificate from Apple, yet. I guess they shipped the machines anyway.
    That's really dumb!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Just watched Smoak’s vlog from yesterday. According to him, BRP hasn’t received their licensing certificate from Apple, yet. I guess they shipped the machines anyway. However, the update will be easy enough once that update appears in a BUDS2 update. Dealer can do it for free.

Peter, I have no clue why your customer service guy replied the way he did, or who is correct. But, since the icon is missing, rather than just grayed out, sounds like it could be a licensing issue.

Shawn also mentioned an ability to do updates yourself over WiFi. Something convenient to learn how to do.
    I believe this as my dealer knew nothing about it but are researching it

Spyder Garage

Maple replied to you in that other thread. Yeah, it’s getting confusing. Short answer, No. there’s no app. It’s part of the vehicle’s electronic package. Once they get connected, the iPhone and the vehicle communicate between themselves without human intervention. All you have to do is point.
    Android auto and apple car play are both built into my car, but android won't work without the app installed on the phone to communicate with. I've never had a apple phone so I was assuming it was similar, (I know assuming anything now days is a mistake)
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Yeah I just tried on mine too, nothing. I have headset paired by BT, phone paired by BT, phone connected by USB but no CarPlay icon on the screen. It shows it on the little hang tag with an "Android Auto not yet available" in fine print.

I am hoping it's just an upcoming OTA update for the head unit as it says it can be updated over WiFi.

Yeah I connected mine to WiFi and checked for updates but it says nothing available at this time. I do not get CarPlay as an icon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    i just picked up my new 2024 Spyder RT Limited and had a couple of questions about the new Display. Does the BRP Go application work with the new display, if so how do i connect it? The only info i can find refers to the old 7.8" display
    The funny thing is when I plug in my iPhone it says I need the "ski-doo" app and do I want to open up the App Store to get it. I say yes, then it says the app isn't available in my area. Methinks they still need to iron out a few bugs in the new head unit.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2024 at 12:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

I also get the same error code U0155 as JB62, the member who has the Battery issues with his new 2024 RTL where his display turned off.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...back-to-dealer!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2024 at 12:17 AM. Reason: added link
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I also get the same error code U0155 as JB62, the member who has the Battery issues with his new 2024 RTL where his display turned off.

I had no errors so far, but just checked my battery and it's a 300CCA Haijiu one. I put my NOCO charger on it just to be sure it's fully charged, not sure dealer did that or not.

Is the consensus that we're just better off yanking this battery now to save headache, or is it adequate for a while?

Spyder Garage

I just went and looked at mine error codes and it has U0155 and P195B line pressure to low. P195B is for not shifting, there are Times when it would not shift into reverse. The Spyder only has 100 miles on it.
    Last edited by JB62; 02-15-2024 at 10:11 AM.

Spyder Garage

I messaged CanAm on Facebook, just got this back:

Hey John, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated with the Apple Carplay not being available yet. I understand how important this feature is for you, and I want to assure you that we're working hard to make it available as soon as possible.

The Apple Carplay feature should be available within the next few weeks. I recommend keeping in touch with your dealership, as they will have all the latest updates and details as soon as it becomes available.

Spyder Garage

Just a quick post,
    As of 2-26-24 Apple car play still does not work.
    It sound like it will be a download to your cluster from the internet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    Just a quick post,
    As of 2-26-24 Apple car play still does not work.
    It sound like it will be a download to your cluster from the internet.
    My dealer believes it will be end of March before the Software update to fix the issue
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

My dealer believes it will be end of March before the Software update to fix the issue
    Is this just a gut feeling or does he have info from BRP?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    Is this just a gut feeling or does he have info from BRP?
    He was on the BRP dealer portal so I'm assuming that's what he read, again that's my assumption
    Baja Ron Sway Bar