Spyder Garage

Default Suggest any battery warming gloves thin enough to wear under thick gloves?

I moved from Kansas to Missouri and bought a house there. So my ride to work is now 25 minutes vs 10. If the temps get below say 30°F, by the time I get to work, my hands are in crap shape.

So I'm looking for thin battery operated heating gloves to wear under thick gloves. Do you guys use any and could offer any suggestions?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2024 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I have the WarmNSafe 12V bike powered glove liners but I got my daughter the battery powered ones for skiing and she says they work great.
    https://www.warmnsafe.com/collection...d-glove-liners

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Milwaukee Leather gauntlets are adequate when used with the Spyder's grip heaters. They have a scraper to clean your faceshield in foggy weather but the gloves soak up water in rainy weather. Perhaps there's a leather treatment for that but I haven't tried one.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

If the bike doesn't have heated handle bars you can install the skidoo or aftermarket ones. The skidoo are the ones I have which are just on and off on the switch and they are marginal compared to the multiposition skidoo ones.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    My Milwaukee Leather gauntlets are adequate when used with the Spyder's grip heaters. They have a scraper to clean your faceshield in foggy weather but the gloves soak up water in rainy weather. Perhaps there's a leather treatment for that but I haven't tried one.
    I have heated grips, but it really doesn't seem to do much
    2018 F3 Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yabbadabbadoo View Post
    I have the WarmNSafe 12V bike powered glove liners but I got my daughter the battery powered ones for skiing and she says they work great.
    https://www.warmnsafe.com/collection...d-glove-liners
    Yabba beat me to it .... I actually do have and use the glove HEATED LINERS and they work great .... Because of my severe Frostbite issues I have now switched to HEATED MITTENS for really cold days .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Google heated glove liners and you will get many options.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

You may be better off going for heated gloves rather than liners. The liners add bulk and make bending your fingers around the grips stiff compared to wearing heated gloves.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Yabba beat me to it .... I actually do have and use the glove HEATED LINERS and they work great .... Because of my severe Frostbite issues I have now switched to HEATED MITTENS for really cold days .....Mike
    So I do not comprehend the glove harness or battery options... What's the difference? I could be a bit dense today.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2024 at 05:46 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    So I do not comprehend the glove harness or battery options... What's the difference? I could be a bit dense today
    Here's a Youtube video "Best of ..." - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rubaz7nreW4

Revzilla has several videos that might help too! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr1rGey5uFs

And this "Guide to Heated Gear" video - https://youtu.be/5twDOomFi3E?si=nk1Xn7L3L_lDgPXR

Even though my RTL has Heated grips, we still have a Battery powered vest (for my wife) and are looking at the MSR Surge battery powered gloves like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__eL6s_rfRA

Lot's of info, hope that helps!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2024 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Exposed hidden URL's to minimise spam/scam opportunities...
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    So I do not comprehend the glove harness or battery options... What's the difference? I could be a bit dense today
    My liners (and mittens) have Lithium batteries which can be re-charged using my computer or a separate Plug-in (to a wall outlet) re-charger ..... most Lithium batteries provide up to 10 Hrs. on low, and that's all I need - even with the severe frost-bite issues .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-13-2024 at 07:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

If each glove has it's own self-contained battery carried on the wrist, there is no need for a harness (wires up each arm that would run back to a single power pack usually in a pocket.)
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I bought these Gerbing battery operated gloves.
    I was afraid the battery on each hand might make the glove feel heavy and cumbersome.. nope.. not at all.
    They are very flexible.
    I have heated grips also but don't need to turn them on with these gloves.
    The wires in these gloves wrap ALL the way around the fingers that are curved over the handlebar/throttle.
    Heated grips only warm the bottom-side of the hand - not the wind-exposed top of the fingers - which is better than nothing but not near as nice as "warm all over" gloves.
    They are also wind-proof. Have never been in a soaking rain but in heavy mist - they did not soak through.
    The battery has good life and has not let me down through a 4-hour ride.
    As the ambient temp warms up I have to turn them down.. which will make the battery last longer.
    I chose battery operated gloves over the bike-wired gloves as I didn't want to take the time to plug/un-plug from the bike at stops.
    (however, my Gerbing heated liner is 12V and wired to the bike - so just 1 wire to unplug from - oh its SO nice and warm)
    They were pricey but so worth it to me.
    The link here is for a size small but I think a general internet search will yield other sizes available - or if the Gyde model is not available there are other Gerbing battery operated gloves... as well as a whole host of other brands.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TF8&th=1&psc=1
    Last edited by Pooch; 02-14-2024 at 07:00 AM.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Several years ago I bought heated glove liners from BajaRon. You might contact him to see what he recommends.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    If each glove has it's own self-contained battery carried on the wrist, there is no need for a harness (wires up each arm that would run back to a single power pack usually in a pocket.)
    I have the heated liners .... they are thin and not at all bulky .... and the small lithium batteries are in a zippered pocket in each glove ..... My Glaves and mittens have this feature also .....just to clarify .... Mike

Spyder Garage
    Don't get mad at me if you don't like my answer.....

Spyder Garage

I remember these well from my Snow-mobile days ....I have seen similar on E-bay used on Mountain Bikes for about $ 25.00 ..... The ones use now are attached to my Ski poles ( I have severe frost-bite ) .....Mike