Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    Just went out and tried it helmet connected, cable connected, like on the video doesn't work. There is no apple car play icon on the screen to turn on like in the video. Followed video to the tee and doesn't work.
    That’s just crazy. Shipping those things out like that. Oh well. Have a safe couple of weeks on the road.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CarPlay update

Just watched Smoak’s vlog from yesterday. Apparently BRP hasn’t received their licensing certificate from Apple, yet. I guess they shipped the machines anyway. However, the update will be easy enough once that update appears in a BUDS2 update. Dealer can do it for free. He also mentioned an ability to do updates yourself over WiFi. Something convenient to learn how to do.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 02-14-2024 at 02:49 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Last edited by 3Tyme; 02-14-2024 at 02:59 PM. Reason: posted in wrong thread
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3Tyme View Post
    Just a thought, as I know nothing about Apple products, but is it necessary to download the car play App to the phone. I use android and had to download the android auto app before it would connect to my car
    I didn't have to on my Harley or my other 2 Vehicles. Its part of the vehicle platform
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

All I can say is I hope you guys get all the problems worked out before mine arrives. My dealer here in Oklahoma says first part of March, red/black RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    Hey Jetfixer, what part number NOCO battery did you use ?? Will the standard Deltran battery tender work with this battery ??

thanks johnv
    I used the Noco NLP20. it is much smaller than a stock battery physically. You must use the supplied spacers to raise it up for the Spyder clamp to hold it in place. Also, be very careful to put one of the included rubber pads between the clamp and the positive terminal. They are VERY close together. Your battery charger will work, but you'd be much better off with a lithium-specific charger. NOCO makes very good ones.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I would have been thrilled to see reviews stating "BRP releases major electronic upgrade across their on-road models that works flawlessly" - unfortunately, not how it worked out. I debated going to a '24 model for my F3, but decided that known issues were a lesser challenge than the unknown and bought a '23 ... The rebate and avoiding the price increase didn’t hurt either��
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2024 at 12:09 AM.
    2022 RTL , Silver

Spyder Garage

I just went and looked at my error codes and it has U0155 and P195B line pressure to low. P195B is for not shifting, there are Times when it would not shift into reverse. The Spyder only has 100 miles on it.

Spyder Garage

Just went out and tried it helmet connected, cable connected, like on the video doesn't work. There is no apple car play icon on the screen to turn on like in the video. Followed video to the tee and doesn't work.
    Same. Paired up my BT headset, plugged in iPhone, nada. Tried with iPhone connected via BT and not, no difference. Since I have not seen one single person state that this works on theirs I am assuming it's going to have to be a software update for the head unit before it works.

EDIT: Got confirmation from Can-Am on Facebook that ACP is not working at this time, but should be in an update "within a few weeks".
    Last edited by jfischer; 02-15-2024 at 01:23 PM.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How in the hell did they install, test, and demo this without a license being in place?

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Same. Paired up my BT headset, plugged in iPhone, nada. Tried with iPhone connected via BT and not, no difference. Since I have not seen one single person state that this works on theirs I am assuming it's going to have to be a software update for the head unit before it works.

EDIT: Got confirmation from Can-Am on Facebook that ACP is not working at this time, but should be in an update "within a few weeks".
    can you post a link to that page or a screen shot
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    can you post a link to that page or a screen shot
    Hopefully this works, the image upload from local computer is not intuitive at all....

Screenshot.jpg
    Last edited by jfischer; 02-16-2024 at 09:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

Also got this reply on a YouTube video about the new display and CarPlay...

Hi John, thank you for the comment. I just checked directly with Can-am. They are very aware of the situation with Apple play and working to get a resolution with Apple. As soon as they do, you will simply need to update to your system (done from anywhere - no need to bring it to the dealership).
    This should be resolved by April the latest. Hopefully sooner.
    screenshot2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Also got this reply on a YouTube video about the new display and CarPlay...

screenshot2.jpg
    Cam-am could have opened themselves up to a lawsuit for false advertising for claiming it has Apple car play when it doesn't from Apple or anyone else.

Spyder Garage

Cam-am could have opened themselves up to a lawsuit for false advertising for claiming it has Apple car play when it doesn't from Apple or anyone else.
    As long as they deliver it in a timely fashion I don't care that much. If it were advertised and never made available then we'd have an issue

Spyder Garage

I have a brand new 2024 Spyder RT Limited that I just got 2 days ago, and I was out riding and the 10.25 display shut off on me. When I stopped and restarted, it worked. It also sometimes doesn't want to go into reverse until I restart it. Kind of annoyed after spending $30 grand on something. Good thing I have extended warranty. So, it's going back to dealer.
    Talked to my dealer and as expected bad battery caused it all, they were going to put another Can-am battery in it under warranty but I told them I wanted a Yuasa battery in it even if I had to pay for it.

Spyder Garage

Picked up my 2024 Spyder RTL on February 16th. I am frustrated that I can't get the Car Play icon to come up either. I connected my iPhone 14 via cable and bluetooth. I also connected a Scala Rider G4 Cardio to the bike via bluetooth. I might add, one of the main reasons I traded up from my 2020 RTL was to get the Car Play. I have Car Play in my Subaru and really like it. At any rate, that is why I came to the forum to find out what I might be doing wrong. If anyone has success in connecting, please let us know. Thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 04:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XEXMNR View Post
    Picked up my 2024 Spyder RTL on February 16th. I am frustrated that I can't get the Car Play icon to come up either. I connected my iPhone 14 via cable and bluetooth. I also connected a Scala Rider G4 Cardio to the bike via bluetooth. I might add, one of the main reasons I traded up from my 2020 RTL was to get the Car Play. I have Car Play in my Subaru and really like it. At any rate, that is why I came to the forum to find out what I might be doing wrong. If anyone has success in connecting, please let us know. Thanks.
    I've posted this elsewhere, but CarPlay does not work at this time. It's supposed to be "coming soon" in a software update for the head unit. I was told anywhere between 2 weeks and end of March. It is supposed to be an OTA update that you can do at home and not require a dealer visit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XEXMNR View Post
    Are the dealers not informing customers that ACP does not work?

Spyder Garage

Congrats on an awesome ride. Fix the kinks and enjoy the ride.
    Leon
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    Are the dealers not informing customers that ACP does not work?
    Honestly I don't think the dealer's have any clue about whether it works or it doesn't. I went back and let my dealer know it doesn't work so they can inform any other buyers before they waste time trying to make it work.

Spyder Garage

My 2023 RT came with a Yuasa battery
    2023 RT limited

Spyder Garage

I have a problem with my wife's 2023 Spyder R/T display. It is similar to this thread, but her display one day suddenly became smaller than it should be. I was riding her Spyder (300 miles on it) and stopped for gas. When I restarted the bike, the display came on as normal, but then went off and came back on in dark mode. That was fine, but there is a gap of dead pixels about one half inch between the left and right lateral displays, and a 1/2-inch gap below the two displays. I know for a fact the display was displayed on the entire 7.8" display and had no dead pixel (black) area beforehand. I took it to the dealer and was told their other models acted the same way so there was nothing wrong with my Spyder. On page 43 of the manual (which I showed them) it clearly shows the entire display in use. I know it was not like this when I purchased it. The next closest dealer is 50 miles away so I would rather not take it there, but I may have to. I even called BRP Can Am and spoke to a very nice woman on the phone, but she could not tell me if that is expected behavior or not. Has anyone heard of this? I found this same issue on another forum, but there was never an outcome on that post, so I hope someone can help me here. My wife is okay with the display, but I am not. I bought it for her and expect it to work the way it did when I bought it.

I know the picture is hard to see, but there is definitely a 1/2-inch gap between and below the lateral displays.

Spyder display.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-19-2024 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)
    2023 RT , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smg323 View Post

I know the picture is hard to see, but there is definitely a 1/2-inch gap between and below the lateral displays.

Spyder display.jpg
    It also looks like the top of both of those lateral displays has been chopped off!! Don't those 'dials' usually go further than that?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    It also looks like the top of both of those lateral displays has been chopped off!! Don't those 'dials' usually go further than that?!
    Peter, That is exactly my point. When I bought the bike the display was completely full. One day the left and right lateral displays became smaller and do not meet in the middle. This is page 43 of the manual showing a working display;

Display.jpg

As you can see the screens meet in the middle and at the bottom.
    Last edited by smg323; 02-19-2024 at 06:06 PM.
    2023 RT , Petrol Blue