Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    Thank you for the fast reply Maplehawk.
    As for the rattle, I had a loose bolt that held on a cover on the bottom of the Spyder.
    How many other loose or missing bolts are there that I did not see yet?
    You did say that your dealer was great to work with, and that shows it, a loaner Spyder. It's too bad that yours does not perform like the loaner.
    You mentioned about the clunk in shifting, the 2024 is quieter shifting through the gears compared to my 2018. They sound about the same when shifting into forward or reverse.
    I have 24,000 miles on my 2018, and never had a problem with anything like I am having on my 2024.
    I had to do updates to the gauge firmware, but nothing like what I am seeing on the 2024.

As for the vibration, BRP learned that the Spyder RT need a belt vibration dampener, and my 2024 came with one installed, I had to have my dealer install one on my 2018 and 2017 because of the belt vibration at about 55mph.
    Maybe trade your bike for the loaner???

Spyder Garage

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I contacted my can am dealer and asked about ACP.
    And the service mgr. said he checked the BRP forum and it showed the update for ACP should be ready the last week of May.
    I just can not understand why it should take that long to fix the issue there having with other things in the dash and get ACP to work, especially since they all ready had it working and released it for download updates and then pulled it since they found bugs in the software.
    How and where are they testing this software out, I have not seen or heard of any guinea pigs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    Maybe trade your bike for the loaner???
    Maybe we need to test ride the spyders until we find one the works correctly?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-03-2024 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Merged immediately consecutive posts...
    2024 RT limited Petrol Blue
    2018 RT limited pearl White
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

So no ACP 1st week in May as promised. However my new Goldwing has Navigation, Bluetooth and ACP that all work Sorry guys. Hope BRP get their act together, routing for all 2024 Can Am purchasers
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic Sold, replaced with Goldwing
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    My second 2024 Spyder has no issues; and I shut WIFI off and am not going to update it. I have no trust in BRP and will cut my losses with Apple Car Play not working as I probably wouldn't have used it anyway.

I mainly wanted the bigger screen. I wonder how BRP stays in business with how they treat their customers. If I knew this before I bought the Spyder, I would have bought something else.
    I’m sort of there with you. My replacement 2024 Spyder RT is pretty great so far, except for this Car Play thing. I didn’t buy the RT for the ACP, I’ve lived this long without it, and I’d probably survive just fine without it in the future. The larger display on the 2024 is a big improvement on its own. However, I would use the heck out of Apple Car Play if it were available.

I am annoyed and disappointed that BRP keeps kicking the ACP can down the road. I specifically asked about this when I picked up the RT (only 10 days ago) because I knew there had been issues, and the dealer assured me that all I had to do was plug my phone in via USB and ACP would pop up. It could be that they genuinely don’t know about this, but I’m going to call them next week and see what’s up.

As for buying something else, unfortunately there aren’t a lot of options for those of us who need three wheels. I had a Harley trike, which was fun, but the combination of a very stiff clutch and wrenching that heavy beast around corners literally gave me carpal tunnel. The Spyder is much more comfortable to ride, but after my initial S2S lemon and now the ACP shenanigans, I don’t have a ton of confidence in BRP. If Honda or Indian made a trike, I’d have considered those first.
    Last edited by trikesister; 05-04-2024 at 09:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Stop buying BRP products. When they notice the loss of $$$$ they will do something about all the faults! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I live where there is no one that works on spyders. The closest is about 60 miles away. If I have a problem it's always a 2 hour drive round trip. I have been thinking of a Goldwing trike. At least I can get local help if needed.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

Quick update on the cluster screen issues for my 2024 S2S... BRP had my dealer run many electrical tests (their words) on the cluster and then test the harness and USB harnesses. They found something that did not meet specs electrically. BRP then ok'd a replacement cluster. According to my dealer, that will be in their hands on Tuesday May 7th. Once it is installed and tested, they will keep the bike for a few days to ensure it works and doesn't go blank (again).

So, some progress, and for those who suffer the same blank screen issues and for the Bluetooth/WIFI/USB failure, lean on your dealers to follow that lead, and maybe you guys can get some relief and real progress on getting things fixed.

I will continue to update this when I get the bike back, so that we can share if the fix is really the fix..... I also plan on doing as JB62 has, and disabling the WIFI to avoid any OTA updates that may corrupt anything. Bluetooth will remain though, as the phone and helmets work from that.

BR WRCLVR
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 05-06-2024 at 08:37 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back at dealer again due to blank screen issues , loss of BT and WIFI :-( :-( .. looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 just with 2023 S2S only)

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 9 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Well, if motorcycle was an option, I would never have entertained the thought of a trike. I am getting older and my wife rides with me 95% of the time. I could ride solo on a motorcycle again. I just can't take the chance with my passenger. Too many ways to go down. Rode 2 wheels for 40+ years without a wreck. Quit while I was ahead. Spyder was the only 3 wheeler I considered. 2 wheels in the back is no fun. So, I have to 'ride' this out or get out altogether. We'll see. The other day, headset was checked on audio output and the music was coming out over the speakers. Good stuff. I am so glad I didn't get a Can-Am side by side.

I checked for updates yesterday. None available.
    Last edited by 700wolvy; 05-06-2024 at 12:58 PM.
    '24 RTL Carbon Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    So no ACP 1st week in May as promised. However my new Goldwing has Navigation, Bluetooth and ACP that all work Sorry guys. Hope BRP get their act together, routing for all 2024 Can Am purchasers
    My husband had a 2018 Honda Goldwing DCT with a MotorTrike conversion. Unfortunately, three months ago the throttle stuck open, and we crashed into a picnic area, suffered broken bones, and a totaled trike. Check out the NHTSA website for safety complaints regarding "vehicle speed control" of the Honda GL1800 by model year. Here's the link for 2018 models:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/HONDA/GL1800

but there are other years with similar complaints.

The Honda Goldwing was a nice ride, but I will never trust it again after our experience. Just wanted you to be aware that there may be an issue. We're now riding a 2024 Can-Am Sea-to-Sky and waiting for the ACP update.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 09:19 PM.