Spyder Garage

Default Will the 2024 Spyder Dash allow you to plug in USB & play MP3?

I wondering if the the new dash will allow you to just plug into the USB connection with a USB thumb drive and play mp3's
    20 to 23 Spyders would not.
    Have no 2024's in my area to try yet.
    Last edited by Dobieone; 02-08-2024 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    2022 RTL Hyper Silver

Sequential LED fender turn signals-Main and passenger floor boards running and turn signals
    Side view mirror stabilizers-Baja Ron sway bar-Can Am passenger arm rests and drivers back rest
    Garmin XT GPS-Top Cuff for GPS and Phone holder-Quick grip phone holder-Upper RT vent grilles
    Radiator vent grills-LED fog lamp with switch-Foam grip covers-Peddle box pro-Cardo Bold intercom-Big Blue-BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

Spyder Garage

Well that would be just too easy, not something BRP is known for.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I doubt it as the previous system didn’t have it as you’re supposed to use the smartphone. Connected via Bluetooth or cable.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Well got to try out USB connection on the 24 Spyder and it does not work for music.
    The Media icon is only for a phone.
    Also found out to start you push brake and rock the throttle forward and push the Red start button.
    2022 RTL Hyper Silver

Sequential LED fender turn signals-Main and passenger floor boards running and turn signals
    Side view mirror stabilizers-Baja Ron sway bar-Can Am passenger arm rests and drivers back rest
    Garmin XT GPS-Top Cuff for GPS and Phone holder-Quick grip phone holder-Upper RT vent grilles
    Radiator vent grills-LED fog lamp with switch-Foam grip covers-Peddle box pro-Cardo Bold intercom-Big Blue-BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

Spyder Garage

That start procedure is like the Ryker.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Plugging a USB stick into the USB jack in the glove box to play music went out with the 2018 models. Another very simple procedure that went out the BRP window.
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

I tried several different options to get my 2021 F3 T to play music from my iPod. Nothing I tried worked very well. The volume was always too low. The gain from the earbud port was too low and when I cranked the volume on the iPod to max the music was a bit distorted. I had an old Android phone lying around so I loaded my music catalog onto it. Then I downloaded a free MP3 player app and put the phone in airplane mode. Then I turned on bluetooth and paired the phone with the Spyder, started the MP3 app and it worked. I had to adjust the volume on the phone so the Spyder would play the music at the same level as the radio. The only issue I had was the size of the phone and the heat that it generated. A couple of times the phone got so hot that it almost shut off. If I left the cover for the glove box open the phone would stay cool. At the end of the summer, I looked for an Android MP3 player with bluetooth and WiFi. Amazon has several of them. You need WiFi so you can download the MP3 player app. It is basically an Android phone without the phone.

Yes, I could have used my current phone and achieve the same results, but I would still have the same problem with the size. Plus, the phone needs to be connected a USB power source or it runs out juice on a long trips, like on an all-day ride. I am not sure if the heat problem has been solved because the weather has been too cool to test it.

The MP3 app I chose is Double Twist. I think just about any app will work.

The Android MP3 player I purchased is this:

https://www.amazon.com/innioasis-Blu...zcF9hdGY&psc=1
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-18-2024 at 10:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dobieone View Post
    Well got to try out USB connection on the 24 Spyder and it does not work for music.
    The Media icon is only for a phone.
    Also found out to start you push brake and rock the throttle forward and push the Red start button.
    On mine, I rock the throttle forward to acknowledge the nanny display. After that though all I need is foot on the brake and hit the starter switch. No need to rock the throttle to start it.