Spyder Garage

Default Need some help valuing my Blue 2018 F3 Limited

Need some help valuing my Blue 2018 F3 Limited

I am going to list my F3 Limited in the classifieds section but thought I would ask for valuation help here. KBB, JD Powers, and Cycle Trader are all self serving and all over the map

About the scoot.

2018 Blue F3 Limited
    1202 miles
    Box Stock
    Includes luggage (bag liners)
    4 car dollies (makes it a breeze to move around the garage)
    Micro-Start XP3
    Jump start extension

The scoot values between $11,500 and $21,135... I DON"T TRUST ANY OF THE LISTING/VALUATION SITES...

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Mods, if this post should have been in classifieds please accept my apologies and feel free to move the post. No disrespect meant.
    Last edited by jms969; 02-06-2024 at 03:50 PM.
    https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMO  MTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWY  xlg.jpg

Blue 2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

First of all: and on that first post.

NADA and KBB are good places to start. The valuations that most people look at are Wholesale (the trade in price that most dealers will give you), and Private Party Sale. The top blue book value is a joke. Take trade in, add about $4K and you have the dealer asking price. We all know that those who pay that price are usually not being real smart.

This site has many astute buyers. There are also some cheapskates out there...ask anyone who has sold a bike here. Some of the counter offers they make are a joke...IMO. Farkles are worth little to nothing. I sold both my Spyders last Oct. and the farkles (over $1K per bike) were not even considered by me.

Your magic selling price will be somewhere between Wholesale and Private Party sale. Keeping that in mind, the final price you decide will be the price to ASK for your vehicle. An ad with 500 looks and no bites is a polite way of saying, this one is priced too high.

Good news, Spring is on the way, new 2024's are showing up at the dealers, good, used Spyders will be in demand again. Good luck with your sale.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-06-2024 at 05:23 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

AR, Thanks for the response!!!

I agree on the farkles, when I sold my GS1200 Adventure (highly modified to travel anywhere) most didn't value the farkles at all. I was getting ready to remove them all and sell separately until a guy showed up who was going to do an Alaska ride. Worked out great for both of us. That was the exception not the rule.

I am thinking $16,995 for the F3 (18k might be better, just not sure). Cycle trader, JD Powers, and KBB are all jokes with regard to pricing. I was a member of BMWMOA and the group think there helped with pricing many Beemers.

I don't want to take advantage of anyone, I also don't want to get taken advantage of.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-06-2024 at 04:03 PM.
    https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMO  MTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWY  xlg.jpg

Blue 2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

How about some pics? Might help.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.

Spyder Garage

Only have one at the moment, the weather sux right now. I need to wash her and then get some good pics, but here is what I have.

F3 Limited Left Side.jpg

Luggage.jpg
    Last edited by jms969; 02-06-2024 at 03:05 PM.

Blue 2018 F3 Limited

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jms969 View Post
    AR, Thanks for the response!!!

I agree on the farkles, when I sold my GS1200 Adventure (highly modified to travel anywhere) most didn't value the farkles at all. I was getting ready to remove them all and sell separately until a guy showed up who was going to do an Alaska ride. Worked out great for both of us. That was the exception not the rule.

I am thinking $16,995 for the F3 (18k might be better, just not sure). Cycle trader, JD Powers, and KBB are all jokes with regard to pricing. I was a member of BMWMOA and the group think there helped with pricing many Beemers.

I don't want to take advantage of anyone, I also don't want to get taken advantage of.
    I agree with what AR said, and feel like you are in a good place with the asking prices that you are considering. I am on my 6th spyder and feel pretty good about the deal that I got on them all. Yours is definitely in a price range that someone looking would consider a good deal, but also a fair price for both parties. I have seen people asking $2-4k more for a F3S that I have seen F3L's listed for. But you are at a good place and should have no problem selling. GLWS.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I agree with what AR said, and feel like you are in a good place with the asking prices that you are considering. I am on my 6th spyder and feel pretty good about the deal that I got on them all. Yours is definitely in a price range that someone looking would consider a good deal, but also a fair price for both parties. I have seen people asking $2-4k more for a F3S that I have seen F3L's listed for. But you are at a good place and should have no problem selling. GLWS.
    Thanks for your kind words, I am going to list it here, with more pics to follow...

Blue 2018 F3 Limited