Spyder Garage

Default Show Chrome has discontinued the Pre 20 fender lights

Heads up if you are having problems with the old series 13-19 show chrome fender lights they are officially discontinued. Only option left is TricLed. I was told today that “yes for sure” Tricled was producing for show Chrome for the past year and simply rebadged the symbol on the front refectory. Only the old series not the new slayer series. So if you purchased them (13-19 series) from lamonster, spyderpops, big bike or spyder accesories there are no more replacements. The line has been dropped. There is a new series for 20+ but no longer 20 and under. What you have is what you got now for the older series. Hope you kept your old reflectors that came with them. I can’t keep a tricled set completely lit up for more than a year now. My last one was from spyderpops last July which was suppose to be SC but is doing the same my previous tricled’ s did.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 02-05-2024 at 01:17 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Hope you kept your old reflectors that came with them. I can’t keep a tricled set completely lit up for more than a year now. My last one was from spyderpops last July which was suppose to be SC but is doing the same my previous tricled’ s did.
    I know what you're feeling there. One of the afterburnerz strips I got didn't make it through the installation test. I was real careful with the install but with the combination of thin lead connections between the led's and connectors and the way you have to tuck in the splitters in order not to pinch or bend any cables is almost damn near impossible and I worry if I have to take the cover back off again they will bend back the opposite way and possibly break. If they could of made the leads as strong as the connector cables it wouldn't have been so bad. Luckily Tric sent out a replacement strip at no cost.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-05-2024 at 04:57 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

BRP and the Cam Am dealers have pretty much thrown the older Spyders under the bus so the vendors are only following suit. I really like my older RT but am worried about parts etc.
    Leon
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leaping1 View Post
    BRP and the Cam Am dealers have pretty much thrown the older Spyders under the bus so the vendors are only following suit. I really like my older RT but am worried about parts etc.
    Leon
    You are unfortunately right to be worried. Federal law dictates that motor vehicle manufacturers only have to provide parts support for 10 years after the MY of any vehicle, be it car or motorcycle. They can if they choose to, and some do. This is growing the remanufactured parts industry, more so for cars and trucks than for motorcycles (I think). And to add insult to injury, a growing number of motorcycle dealers simply refuse to work on bikes more than 10 years old. So even if someone does their own wrenching, that does no good if parts aren't available. Sucks, but there it is.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I understand the concern the OP is trying to make. I've seen so many TricLED fender lights fail pretty quickly (I do accessory installs as a hobby). I stopped recommending the sequential turn signal fender lights and went back to the older Show Chrome fewer LEDs simple flash option. They were far more stable in the long run. It's bummer to hear that they are no longer going to make them. I was not aware TricLED was making those for Show Chrome - I'd be curious where that information comes from? Who was the OP "told by"?

That said - It's a pretty big pendulum swing to fret over keeping the old reflectors should a light fail - unless you bust the light - if it's just the LEDs burning out you can always unplug them. They are designed reflective so no need to swap the reflector back on. Why go through the hassle of removing them and swapping them out if you aren't replacing them with another light option? Just my thoughts.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    I understand the concern the OP is trying to make. I've seen so many TricLED fender lights fail pretty quickly (I do accessory installs as a hobby). I stopped recommending the sequential turn signal fender lights and went back to the older Show Chrome fewer LEDs simple flash option. They were far more stable in the long run. It's bummer to hear that they are no longer going to make them. I was not aware TricLED was making those for Show Chrome - I'd be curious where that information comes from? Who was the OP "told by"?

That said - It's a pretty big pendulum swing to fret over keeping the old reflectors should a light fail - unless you bust the light - if it's just the LEDs burning out you can always unplug them. They are designed reflective so no need to swap the reflector back on. Why go through the hassle of removing them and swapping them out if you aren't replacing them with another light option? Just my thoughts.
    One the vendors I listed literally told me while on a ride when my new light was flickering. Thats why he stopped selling them at the end of last summer and marked them on sale out of stock. I actually think 2 of them did the same thing and got rid of them after the switch. Because of the problems. They also said the same thing last summer at the Deadwood rally. Reggie will tell you he made the original version that blinked and it was sold to Show Chrome. He then came out with the sequential. If you watch the “original” showchrome video install, they even say tricled but that video has been updated several times with new plug in play fasteners. Once tricled switched to sequential they split. Show Chrome must have known they were cutting the line a year ago and simply used tricled as their outsource to finish the final production. I had several sequential die so I switched to the showchome. I put them on last July just before the rally. It started blinking immediately. I mentioned it to Harvey and he commented that the last line has been the same as tricled and not their original. He pointed out the SC insignia. He had a lot of problems with tricled so thats when he and lamonster switched to show chrome ( original version) They said to call them and he’d get replacement. Just getting around to it when I found out they permanently discontinued them. It was mentioned this past summer on this site somewhere. I can’t remember.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 02-06-2024 at 10:52 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I had one sequential turn light go bad on my F3S. Tric sent me a complete replacement set for shipping. I recently bought, but not yet installed, a set of SC Slayer sequential turns for my STS. Hope they last ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

One the vendors I listed literally told me while on a ride when my new light was flickering. Thats why he stopped selling them at the end of last summer and marked them on sale out of stock. I actually think 2 of them did the same thing and got rid of them after the switch. Because of the problems. They also said the same thing last summer at the Deadwood rally. Reggie will tell you he made the original version that blinked and it was sold to Show Chrome. He then came out with the sequential. If you watch the “original” showchrome video install, they even say tricled but that video has been updated several times with new plug in play fasteners. Once tricled switched to sequential they split. Show Chrome must have known they were cutting the line a year ago and simply used tricled as their outsource to finish the final production. I had several sequential die so I switched to the showchome. I put them on last July just before the rally. It started blinking immediately. I mentioned it to Harvey and he commented that the last line has been the same as tricled and not their original. He pointed out the SC insignia. He had a lot of problems with tricled so thats when he and lamonster switched to show chrome ( original version) They said to call them and he’d get replacement. Just getting around to it when I found out they permanently discontinued them. It was mentioned this past summer on this site somewhere. I can’t remember.
    Thanks for the added info. Very unfortunate. I sure hope TricLED gets their QC figured out. They have been decent about replacing the defect lights ONCE but it's still a hassle to replace them. :-(
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Heads up if you are having problems with the old series 13-19 show chrome fender lights they are officially discontinued. Only option left is TricLed. I was told today that “yes for sure” Tricled was producing for show Chrome for the past year and simply rebadged the symbol on the front refectory. Only the old series not the new slayer series. So if you purchased them (13-19 series) from lamonster, spyderpops, big bike or spyder accesories there are no more replacements. The line has been dropped. There is a new series for 20+ but no longer 20 and under. What you have is what you got now for the older series. Hope you kept your old reflectors that came with them. I can’t keep a tricled set completely lit up for more than a year now. My last one was from spyderpops last July which was suppose to be SC but is doing the same my previous tricled’ s did.
    Hello,
    Wanted to pop in to clear the air on this.
    Tricled is not and has not in any way produced or supplied any fender lights for Show Chrome. Same goes for the other way around.
    Show Chrome and Tricled fender lights are very different products and have their own individual merits.

With that cleared up if you are having issues with your Show Chrome fender light please reach out, would love to get that resolved for you.

-Thor @ Show Chrome