Spyder Garage

Default After info on raising floorboards & fitting hwy foot pegs?

I am thinking of raising my floorboards with a kit from Lamonster Garage, and also looking at adding hwy pegs.

Has anyone used their hwy pegs and which pegs did you use?

Also, has anyone used floorboard risers and hwy pegs from a different supplier, and what was the difference?

I look at the way the pegs sit and wonder if they really help that much on a 2020 RTL. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-03-2024 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimer View Post
    I am thinking of raising my floorboards with a kit from Lamonster Garage, and also looking at adding hwy pegs.

Also, has anyone used floorboard risers and hwy pegs from a different supplier, and what was the difference?

I look at the way the pegs sit and wonder if they really help that much on a 2020 RTL. Thanks
    Be VERY careful of what you do to change/modify those floorboards ..... ANY change in the floorboard/BRAKE pedal relationship is crucial ..... good luck ....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-03-2024 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Peoples Republic of Calif. Upper Mojave Desert
    Spyder Garage

I needed to raise mine after the Russell seat was installed as it is higher than stock. The Lamonster kit will raise the floor boards 1.5". I went with the kit from Sling Mods which will do 1" and 2". Depends on what you need. I also got the 2" brake riser block and larger brake pedal. Very happy with it all
    2021 RT LT

Spyder Garage

I bought the risers for the floorboards, then had to buy the brake riser as well. Plus, I added the larger brake pedal. I also have the footpegs. I think I got them from SlingMods. I like the setup. The only thing I don't like about the footpegs is that there's a pivot point and it's very difficult to get that bolt tight enough that if you put too much pressure on the peg, it has a tendency to move. I may drill another hole and add another bolt. It's cheaper than buying another set of pegs.

Spyder Garage

Default risers

i use Lg1057 risers, wider brake pedal, SC41-183footrests all from lamonster great fit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimer View Post

I have the Lamonster floorboard risers on my 2020RTL.

No brake pedal riser or large rubber pad, 30K miles without any problems.

Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"