Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Do you recall anyone other than govt agency's advocating these sorts of restrictions ?
    Google it; you will find many examples of private citizens and businesses that are tired of the noise made by loud bikes and cars. Hence the negative attitude towards the noise. That negativity, is reflects on all bikes (and trikes) regardless of the, source whether it be government or otherwise. Your insistence on being loud, is simply proof you have no respect for anyone but your own need to say "hey look at me, I have a loud bike!"

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    Google it; you will find many examples of private citizens and businesses that are tired of the noise made by loud bikes and cars. Hence the negative attitude towards the noise. That negativity, is reflects on all bikes (and trikes) regardless of the, source whether it be government or otherwise. Your insistence on being loud, is simply proof you have no respect for anyone but your own need to say "hey look at me, I have a loud bike!"
    Seems a bit selective though. I don't see lawmakers crowing about noise from private or commercial jets over residential areas or tyre noise from busy 6 lane highways or rock concerts or barking dogs or noisy neighbours or windy nights or fireworks displays or schoolyards at lunch time or sports events or construction or life in general.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Seems a bit selective though. I don't see lawmakers crowing about noise from private or commercial jets over residential areas or tyre noise from busy 6 lane highways or rock concerts or barking dogs or noisy neighbours or windy nights or fireworks displays or schoolyards at lunch time or sports events or construction or life in general.
    But especially here in Oz, where we are one of the most over-legislated countries in the World, our lawmakers at some level of government have already responded to the calls from their constituents and legislated and enforce noise levels from just about all those things you mention, even if you don't see it all that much in the way of crowing about it. Windy nights, life in general, and in some areas, schoolyards at lunchtime are the only exceptions in your list that I'm aware of... But there are noise limits for all the rest in some way/to some degree, limits that can be and often are enforced - at least some of the time!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-09-2024 at 09:01 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I'm half deaf so I won't be putting any kinda exhaust on that is louder than the stock one at any load or rpm.... but like anyone... feel free to earn your noise ticket the old fashioned way... Earn it by putting straight pipes on! LOL
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-09-2024 at 07:40 PM. Reason: i ; + ' 's ... ;-)
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Just had a brainwave why can't we earn carbon credits like the big guys do? So if the Lone Stranger wants to let rip with his 'Peacebreaker'(patent pending) if he could say flash up a pic on his phone of his back yard crop gobbling up co2's he's good to go. Thus he would earn admiration from the self appointed (and now redundant) noise police for saving the planet with every rev.
    When handed lemons make hay while the moon is up or whatever the saying is.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic