Spyder Garage

Default Are there any 3mm Allen or T15 Torx on Spyders?

Just double checking myself here. I purchased a Mini-Mate camper for my Spyder last year. I want a mini toolbox that is left in the Mini-Mate (for changing tires, possible bearing replacements, specific pliers and sockets, etc.) with the basics for the trailer, even regarding wire snips and crimps and a few fasteners, zip ties, etc.

In my opinion, you need a few tools beside the Spyder kit when pulling a trailer. That trailer is more apt to need a bit of work vs the Spyder. If the Spyder breaks down, there’s AAA. The trailer might need a bit here and there depending on the mileage and also for camping.

I am 3D printing everything, so it’s perfectly organized and fits into a custom blow molded box. I figured I’d also throw some Spyder tools in there just in case. I’ve taken my Spyder apart and stripped her down to nothing, done all the maintenance and repairs along with installing all the accessories, so I know pretty much everything I might ever need to carry. I realize it is only 2 little bits, but again I am trying to keep this compact enough.

I can’t think of any, but are there any 3mm hex or T15’s on the Spyders? I know there are 4mm, 5mm, and 6mm hex’s. I know there are T25, T27, and T30's, but can’t think of any T20 or T15’s. I do have a mini bit set if I needed one on the fly that could fit into my magnetic screwdriver or 1/4 drive socket, but I’ll be honest, that darn tool is last resort. I hate the magnet bit inserts.

Any T20, T15, or 3mm Hex’s on the Spyder?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-31-2024 at 03:01 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cannot answer for sure, as I no longer have my 2020 Ryker,
    but these were my glove box tool kit.
    Metric Allen L wrenches were 3-8 mm

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ighlight=tools

Very rare for me to utilize a tool for my ride but I did find use for what I carried to assist others.

See post 3, for example:

https://www.tw200forum.com/threads/s...t#post-1143262

Typical tools for other bikes in post 11. With tubeless tires, a tire pump, and Dynaplug kit, I do not carry wheel removal tools. Exception for Ryker was a large axle nut socket, only for long trips.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ghlight=klutch
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-31-2024 at 07:06 PM.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

T20, T25 & T30 are the only ones that I have needed on mine so far.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Couple various multi tools https://www.lamonstergarage.com/step...ster/:thumbup:
    (Waiting on mine)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I have found over many years that I have made more repairs to other peoples rides than my own. I have a couple of multi tools for torx and metric. They pretty much cover it. My kit is complete enough that , last year I even was able to assist a campground owner in a repair of his zero turn mower.

Spyder Garage

Yes, there are T-15 and 3 MM Allens. Whether there are any on your vehicle, I don't know that.

T-15 is a fairly common size for self-tapping screws. You can buy whole packs of 15ea or 20ea in T-15 for screw guns and drivers.

The Allens go all the way down and further. The smaller ones are not common on much except holding electrinic circuit boards or computer components.

They are so cheap and so small, why not carry them?
    Last edited by Gwolf; 02-01-2024 at 12:44 PM.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver