Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    With this information, I'd contact the seller and demand my money back. Take them to small claims court if needed. This is outright fraud.

Same engine, so my initial thought would be yes.
    I've been following this and AGREE 100% .... the seller KNEW of this problem AND you can prove it ..... start by contacting your Local State's Attorney ..... they handle FRAUD issues .....good luck ....Mike

Spyder Garage

I don't think the original purchase price has been mentioned so it may be that it is economically feasible to do the repair/replacement.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So sorry to hear this, hopefully you can come to a resolution with the seller without having to go to court.

But it doesn't sound like this was an honest person to begin with.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-31-2024 at 03:06 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    I don't think the original purchase price has been mentioned so it may be that it is economically feasible to do the repair/replacement.
    ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

I am not suing an 80 year old guy. I got a great deal on the bike (now I understand why) and even if they did not disclose the problems, I still have a beautiful bike that needs an engine. I will go from there.

Just need to find a darn engine!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-31-2024 at 03:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Like I said in your other thread, I've been poking around and found out that BRP's doing a breakdown of that engine now, I seem to remember you used to be able to get like a short block version over the parts break down! It's a double-edged sword here, do you go with a used unit, and don't know how it was treated, or driven; or do you buy parts for the one you already have in your hand? The sucky part of this engine in my book is that it shares the oil with the tranny! And how far has the crap gone down the pipe? Anyway, good luck going forward, hope you get that old girl back on her feet!! Then ride it like you stole it!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-31-2024 at 03:07 PM.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I am asking the mods to close this thread down. I have another thread open on the 1330cc page that is more to the point, since it is confirmed that the engine needs replaced.

I now have another thread open in the Ace 1330 Shop Talk Section/sub-forum that is more to the point, since it is now confirmed that the engine needs to be replaced.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-a-1330-engine
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Added link to other thread... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scottncol View Post
    I am asking the mods to close this thread down. I have another thread open on the 1330cc page that is more to the point, since it is confirmed that the engine needs replaced.

I now have another thread open in the Ace 1330 Shop Talk Section/sub-forum that is more to the point, since it is now confirmed that the engine needs to be replaced.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-a-1330-engine
    Why the spate of people asking for threads to be deleted?? (rhetorical question that, this is the third one today?! ) Anyhow, I'll just quote what I posted in another recent thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    The main difference between Forums like this and most other forms of 'social media' is the continued access to every post and thread that's been put up by the Member Community, forming a searchable and significant database of information that doesn't get swamped and lost in amongst all the other minutiae that follows; and in this Forum, the threads and individual posts are all contributing to a living and growing collection of knowledge, experience, and discussion about all things Spyder/Ryker related that's gathered here for current and future members to access now and in the future... So why would you want to get rid of this thread and all the valuable discussion and info in it??

Besides, we try VERY HARD NOT to do what you've requested up there ^ cos doing that DOES hurt the Forum's standing with the big search engines and it only takes a little bit of that before they start dropping us down their results listings or even completely off their search results.... And if we get downgraded/dropped off their results, our Sponsors stop getting all that much in the way of benefit from their investment here, putting their continued sponsorship at risk. And if we lose them and their valued contributions, it puts the Forum's continued operations at risk, possibly even at risk of closure!! Surely you don't want to be even a part of that, do you?

It's for these reasons that Members no longer have access to the 'Delete' option on their posts - too many needless deletions were threatening the Forum's continued operation & we were edging closer to risking closure!

This is also why we ask that you don't use the 'edit' facility to gut/empty your posts once they've been posted, not even years after the fact - any OP editing their posts to effectively take the content out of them and leaving nothing but 'Delete' or words to that effect (or a lack of words! ) is basically making a direct attack on the Forum's continued viability, and while we've been somewhat tolerant of that being done once or twice in the past, that is far less likely to be the case any longer!!

So No, the Mods won't be deleting the entire thread; and if you are no longer interested in it, your best course of action is to stop posting in it. If you're subscribed to the thread, either because you started it or because you elected to subscribe to it, then you should probably un-subscribe.... Over time, others will likely do the same once their interest wanes, but the thread will remain so that if anyone ever wants to research this subject at any time in the future, it's still available; and if they want to ask questions or expand on the discussion, they can add to it! Ideally, members will ALWAYS search before starting a new thread, and they'd only ever start a new thread on any given subject if their question or discussion point wasn't directly related to that of the existing thread/s, but despite the Mod Team's best efforts at merging and re-directing posters, especially those too lazy to bother making any effort themselves &/or expecting others to do all the work for them, we've all seen how many oil & tire threads there are out there!! It shouldn't happen, but it does!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 09:36 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!