Hybrid View

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The Spyder RT is much better steering and overall comfort of the ride. The HD has many more dealerships available for service and parts. So it may depend if you can work on the Spyder i.e. (oil changes ect.) or if you have a nearby dealership.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    The Spyder RT is much better steering and overall comfort of the ride. The HD has many more dealerships available for service and parts. So it may depend if you can work on the Spyder i.e. (oil changes ect.) or if you have a nearby dealership.
    Well said.

Technically, the Spyder is a much better vehicle.
    The two wheels up front configuration is more stable around turns. It allows for power steering. The reverse gear is a true engine driven gear, not running the electric starter in reverse.
    Also, the Spyder is easier to ride. DAMHIKT, when driving aggressive turns in the mountains, you KNOW where the outside wheel is, because you can see it in front of you. You don't have to estimate the position of the wheel.
    HD has a BIG advantage with service. The Spyder dealer network is improving, but still has many holes.
    You may find the Spyder F3 is a closer alternative to the HD.

Still, take the opportunity to ride both machines.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey