Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I put together another flashing third brake light for Hookie.
    LEDEquiped did not have the 4 LED with the 6th cruise wire like Hooker and the SxS are using, so I found this 3 LED on Amazon and it was much cheaper.

LED https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9VMLQY...t_details&th=1

Timer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BT25J52...roduct_details

The LED has 22 or so flash patterns that are selectable. The timer lets the LED Flash(I have mine set and around 6 seconds) and then goes steady on when you apply the brakes.

The white (mine are a little off white) wire at the rear taillights is the brake light 12V and the black wire is the ground wire. I tapped into the right-side brake light, removing 1/4" of insulation and wrapping the new leads around the OEM wire, soldering the connection and then rubberized tape. I could not find my bag full on mini mon switches for the program switch, however I have the yellow (program) and red (power) leads ready for that when a new bag of switches shows up from Amazon.

The timer board is on plastic standoffs mounted through the rear wall of the top case. The program switch will through the rear wall so the push button is in the top case under the rear ledge and out of harms way.

Oh and the LED light is just held in place with 3M double back automotive trim tape. Note: The LED white wire is not used, that is from syncing multiple LED lights.

I would also note that the cable adjustments for the side cases and top case latches are in the same area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-14-2024 at 11:57 PM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Slowly adding more of the Limited Chrome editions shiny trim pieces to my dark edition, have the muffle heat shield still to go. Beyond that things get really expensive. Original owner did the mirror covers, and handbar end caps. I have done Chrome wheels, Can Am side pieces, wrapped the windshield pieces, tail pipe, side and top cases.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 03-04-2024 at 05:30 PM.

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Picture at my favorite photo op spot.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 03-04-2024 at 04:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

So I have been switching out dark trim pieces for chrome ones on my Asphalt Grey spyder. I got the chrome muffler heat shield piece install recently to go along with the other pieces I switched out to chrome. So I am now thinking about switching out the dark front wing pieces for chrome ones, however I can not find a youtube that shows how to get to the mounting points. I see youtubes about remove the frunk, however they all just set it aside. So does anyone know how much I have to tear about to switch these out? TIA

Spyder Garage

Today Hooker got her H&R springs installed. She asked to keep her pretty shock adjusters. So I turned them down so the larger diameter coils would seat correctly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Today Hooker got her H&R springs installed. She asked to keep her pretty shock adjusters. So I turned them down so the larger diameter coils would seat correctly.
    Snoking, Maybe you should keep your conversations between you and your Hooker confidential!

People may begin to talk!

Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    Snoking, Maybe you should keep your conversations between you and your Hooker confidential!

People may begin to talk!

Bill
    Yeah, and Hookie is going to be jealous! As he is parked and Hooker got a new air filter and she is going to be getting a oil change and filter, along with a fuel filter. She is going to get a work out for the next month in prep for her big road trip to Washington State. She is now in possession of the Zumo XT, sheep skins, rain gear, tool bag etc etc.

Spyder Garage

Great job on all the upgrades. Looks nice. I also like chrome. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Now we need a ride report on how the H&R Springs perform??? Thank You, larryd

Spyder Garage

Well Hooker did the Winkelman loop today (145 miles) with the new H&R springs, and what they say about them seems to be true. Better handling and smoother over small bumps and rough sections of highway, seems to counter standard logic, however seems the case. Hookie got put in storage for the summer, but not before sealing the real chrome windshield mount covers, and leaving behind the vinyl wrapped ones.

Spyder Garage

Hi Snoking,

I like the wheels you put on the Asphalt Gray, but I’m not sure they are 2019 wheels. I have a 2019 Asphalt Gray RT Limited with the chrome package, and the wheels on mine have a Y split just short of the rim. I like the chrome finishes on the 2019s better than the 2020+ models, just a personal preference.

IMG_0384 Medium.jpeg

What do you think? There some other pics in my SpyderGarage, linked in my signature.

Bob
    Last edited by RideOn; 03-20-2024 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Added Garage photos reference.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
    Hi Snoking,

I like the wheels you put on the Asphalt Gray, but I’m not sure they are 2019 wheels. I have a 2019 Asphalt Gray RT Limited with the chrome package, and the wheels on mine have a Y split just short of the rim. I like the chrome finishes on the 2019s better than the 2020+ models, just a personal preference.

IMG_0384 Medium.jpeg

What do you think? There some other pics in my SpyderGarage, linked in my signature.

Bob
    I really like the 2019 chrome wheels you have, best looking Spyder wheel that Can Am has made. However they are very expensive to purchase for an upgrade. Those wheels I have are aftermarket PPA wheels. Two for the price on one Can Am wheel.

https://ppawheels.com/products/orb-15-chrome

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the kind words. Didn’t realize they were not BRP wheels.

I will say that BRP and Harley have one thing in common - very high prices on parts!
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome