Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default I just picked up Another 2018 RT!

I picked this up today on FB market place.

2018 Asphalt Grey Metallic
    8240 miles, aftermarket wheels and Elka shocks of the front.
    This will be my AZ Spyder and the other one will be my Washington one.
    Very clean, alway garaged.

Bring on the mods. LED headlights, magic mirror, GPS mount and another Zumo XT power cord and bracket. USB port, phone mount, foam grips, dash cam, drink holder, 3rd brake light strobe, BajaRon sway bar. New car tires Vredestein Quatrac SL, General out back. And the beat going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 01-26-2024 at 06:04 PM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

on a very nice looking Spyder.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It also came with the Can Am roller suitcase for the Frunk!

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Anyone one know what wheels those are?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Anyone one know what wheels those are?
    OK, I found that these are BRP wheels.
    https://www.brppac.com/brp-219400357.html

Spyder Garage

Was that Greg's Spyder from Ritzville, WA? GKamer on this forum, Retired USAF Spyder enthusiast?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Was that Greg's Spyder from Ritzville, WA? GKamer on this forum, Retired USAF Spyder enthusiast?
    NO local to me in Gilbert, Az

Spyder Garage

nice looking

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Got the new Spyder licensed and insured this morning and put some miles on it today. I let a little air out of the tires, and it seems to ride a little better (fronts were 23.5 and rear 28.5, I let them down to 20F/22R. Going to move the Centramatic wheel balancers from the Champagne one to it and see if it is any smoother on the road.

I have a medical test tomorrow, so that is out. Wednesday maybe!

Noticed today that it has a belt roller on it, need to check that out more. However, ON EDIT the roller looks large. I have fairly long list of things ordered to install in the next couple of weeks. At any rate, the extra tools etc. moved from the Champagne Spyder into the Asphalt one, and it has the Champagne Spyder blocked in. So guess which one I will be riding the most now.

I am not sure that I like the BRP backrest, I have the tilt screw backed all the way out and it still seems to be forcing me forward more than I like. Riding buddy Carol (she is fairly tall) jumped on the back and said she had a lot more room! Like yeah, it is forcing me forward! Got to figure out how to remove it and maybe do some grinding so it will tilt back more, as I am 6'2" and 220. It seems one pushes the little silver lever towards the center, and it should pull out.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 02-04-2024 at 10:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Busy day on the NTM Asphalt Spyder. New strut on the top case, it stays open now. Installed a two port USB/voltmeter in the center blank switch position. This had a round hole, so I was able to cut out the correct size rectangle slot to push the module into. I at the same time installed the power cable for my Zumo XT GPS. Power from both is from the GPS power source behind the fuel tank of the right side, same as Champagne trike. I have everything for the mount except the 1" ball that replaces one of the handlebar bolts. This is supposed to arrive Friday.

https://store.valueaccessories.net/S...MMountKit.aspx

Next it was onto the LED headlights and magic mirrors.

Remaining to be installed and here:

Foam grips, extend the battery tender cable to the grill behind the left front tire.

Things to do list:

Install third brake light, that flashes for 6 seconds and then goes steady on. These are home brew and I have made four now.
    Sequential front fenders turn signals (out of stock currently).
    Tires - maybe will wait until fall.
    Figure out a storage pouch for Carol smart phone. The driver's backrest on the Champagne one has a pouch that snaps on.
    Ride it!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-31-2024 at 07:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Well for a while I thought I was going to have to name this new Spyder "Old Shaky"! I moved the Centramatic Balancers from the Champagne machine to it and did another test ride. I noticed that the left tire seemed to have some run out in it that I was not noticing in the rim itself. So I put on chrome "starfish" wheels that have Federal Formosa tires mounted, and it is pretty smooth. I also had a hard time removing the lug nuts. Had to get a friend to come over and put the brakes on too, while I used my long handled 350 lb ft torque wrench to loosen them. It appears that the lug nuts where not matching the taper in the wheels, and it appears that the six points of the lug nuts were contacting the wheel before the taper seated. So maybe they were not centered correctly.

At any rate the Kenda's are going bye bye! So I will just run the Chrome wheels and Federals for now and decide in the fall what to do and which wheels to put Vredestein's on. I really like the 2019 Chrome Spyder RT limited Chrome wheels. Some F3's have these wheels also.

And I think the PPA wheels on the Champagne Spyder look nice.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 10:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Question??? On the new Asphalt Spyder the left-hand Housing Switch Automatic (AKA left switch assembly) is clocked to the front and not in the same alignment as the right-hand assembly. On my Champagne Spyder they are both like the right-hand assembly. So IT APPEARS that if I remove the lower handlebar cover that I can loosen four screws and re-clock it to be in alignment with the right side????????

It is very apparent in this photo.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 10:13 PM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice looking bike. How do you like the digital dash in comparison to the standard that you had on your older one?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Nice looking bike. How do you like the digital dash in comparison to the standard that you had on your older one?
    Mine are both 2018's with digital dash.

Spyder Garage

A note about these wheels. Premium cast aluminum 15 in. (381 mm) 6 twin-blade spokes mags. Sold in pairs. Standard on 2013 ST-S, RS-S packages and 2014 ST-S package. Carbon Black. don't use 60 degree taper lug nuts(on edit, the lug nut in the parts list are the same part number), so I am still scratching my head about how hard they were to remove.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 02-04-2024 at 10:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thinking about moving to Spyder from Freewheeler, so what did you pay for this?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-02-2024 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

So this is my setup for now the PPA wheels and Vredestein Quatrac SL are on the Asphalt one and the chrome starfish and Federal Formosa's are on the Champagne one.

And I was able to reclock the left hand switch pod.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Strelnikov View Post
    Thinking about moving to Spyder from Freewheeler, so what did you pay for this?
    People in Phoenix area seem to think the used pre 2020 Spyders should sell for 1000-2000 or so less than what you can buy a left over 2023. Asking was 16K when I saw the add, I went and looked at it and said I would go to my bank and be back shortly with a cashiers check for a little less, and he took it. Delivered the check and was given the title, came home on the Champagne trike and got the truck and trailer, so like 2.5-3 hours it was home. Deals like this do not happen very often, there is a 2019 RTL Chrome in our RV Resort with an asking price on 21,500, 6K more than I paid.

Spyder Garage

Did a two up ride to Eloy to watch sky diving, and the new Spyder with the Elka shocks handles really nicely.

Original owner added the chrome mirror housings and I put my chrome PPA wheels on the new one. If I could find the chrome pieces for the windshield mounts and the chrome pieces for the pop off lower tupperwares covers it would look even better. ON Edit, google is one's friend. Found both items at a price that was within my budget.

On edit: Well I found that Ebay had a good price for the chrome windshield parts, Walmart online had a good price on the "CAN AM" chrome parts for the lower panels, and Leadersrpmshop had a good price for and chrome muffler extension and heat shield.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 02-05-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Spyder Garage

Rode up to Saguaro Lake to take my obligatory trike picture of the new to me Asphalt Grey Mellitic 2018.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 02-05-2024 at 04:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

I like the chrome wheels on thr Gray Spyder. They look very elegant.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I do also! In the bright sun the Asphalt Grey Metallic looks a nice dark metallic green. It is going to stay as my Az trike and the Champagne one will move to Wa. I never cared for the wheel on the 2018 RTL Chrome wheels, but the Federal Formosa tires have a lot of life left in them so the wheels and tires on it will stay for a while.

Spyder Garage

Progress continues, I did a chrome vinyl wrap of the windshield mount covers and installed the chrome Can Am badge on the side panels. Chrome tailpipe and muffler heat shield on their way.

Spyder Garage

So the Champagne gone a fish/hook decal on the frunk to denote that everywhere you stop people come up and want to talk about the Spyder and ask questions. We named it "The Hook"! Fast forward to the last few weeks and The Hook has a brother. Carol who is my friend, now that my wife stepped off the planet thinks the Champagne one is more feminine, so her name has changed a little now that she has a brother.

Champagne one is now known as "Hooker"!
    Asphalt Grey one is now "Hookie"!
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 02-11-2024 at 11:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

So, Hookie got his BajaRon sway bar installed today. I got everything ready on blocks in my carport and then went over to my friend with a 4-post host, we raised it up, swapped the bar, and it was back to my carport to put everything back together. Took a 38-mile test ride with some twisties, and between the Vredestein front tires, Elka shocks, and now the sway bar, it handles excellently.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-12-2024 at 06:42 PM.