Spyder Garage

Default Is there any place that sells Used parts for Spyders? Salvage yards/junkyards maybe?

Before I spend nearly $60 on fuse covers and a decal to replace my missing one, it occurs to me this is exactly why I used to go to salvage yards for this type of car part.

Is there such a thing for 2019 Spyder RT Limited? I found copart.com, but they are dealer-only, and cannot figure out how to search for parts.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2024 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Spyder Garage

eBay is a good place to look for used parts. Just be very careful as sellers there don't seem to know what they have and may list a part for your Spyder that doesn't fit. Or, they may say it doesn't fit when it does. You just have to do your homework first.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Look for eBay sellers offering parts from model years compatible with yours. Then contact them directly to ask if they have the part of interest. They often don't list all their takeoff parts but have them on the shelf if someone asks.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

FYI, good confirmation before you buy is to have them post a photo of the part, part number if possible, and a post-it with your Initials and the date in the photos. Proves they're not just "selling" a photo that came from somewhere else.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    FYI, good confirmation before you buy is to have them post a photo of the part, part number if possible, and a post-it with your Initials and the date in the photos. Proves they're not just "selling" a photo that came from somewhere else.
    Well, 'proves' is probably a bit of a strong word to use there, cos while it is a very good idea to ask for something like that before you part with your hard earned $$, really, it's just
    'a good indicator' that they've actually got the part in any pic they might send!! After all, they could just be good with a high-end photo editor! Or possibly they're not so good with a dodgy/cheap photo editor, but then either they're really dumb &/or they just don't give a rat's... or they're convinced that you're such a sucker you'll take their word on any old pic?!

And for those who might be less cynical, yep, all of the above has been done; and sadly, enough people get taken in often enough that it remains worthwhile for the low life blood suckers to just keep on doing it!!

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-27-2024 at 12:32 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

People are having trouble or are concerned about the possibility of getting scammed when buying online from e bay or online posters.

At some point in the past, weren't there forwarding locations which for a small amount would accept payment and whatever was purchased then forward the money/part to the respective people? If something was not correct, then the money/part would be returned to the persons involved.

I have not seen any indications that that form of commerce was still in operation. I do know that there are "mail forwarding" services for people on extended trips. There are some who will even pay bills.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-27-2024 at 04:55 PM. Reason: removed spaces before punctuation... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    Look for eBay sellers offering parts from model years compatible with yours. Then contact them directly to ask if they have the part of interest. They often don't list all their takeoff parts but have them on the shelf if someone asks.
    This is a good suggestion. There are motorcycle salvage yards that sell parts, but unfortunately Can Am parts are hard to find. Turns out there is a dealer near me, Sun Coast Cycle Sports, that does carry some parts.

Spyder Garage

You can look here, but you must be a registered dealer/broker to buy directly. However, you can get in touch one of the dealer/brokers that buy from this site and then buy what you want from them...

https://www.copart.com/vehicle-searc...pyder-roadster
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Hey there is a 2020 CAN-AM SPYDER ROADSTER RT
    Lot # 82579633 on copart there that doesnt appear to have much visible damage Auction ends in 2 days and a few hours. Appears to have missing panels though..it is located in MI Detroit IIRC
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

I've been having good luck finding parts for my 2014 RSS project by looking up parts on this web site to get part numbers:
    https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...~USD/RSS///1/y

I copy and paste the part numbers into search, and often times used parts show up.