Spyder Garage

Default Where to connect front USB plate: and part #'s needed for fuse covers?

New to my 2019 RT. I received my USB plate and harness, and I am scoping out where to splice into the wiring. I cannot find a YouTube video that matches my bike exactly. Anyone have a link to a good install video of where to run the wiring from the center of the handlebars mount to a switched 12v power supply?

Also, I seem to be missing the left outer and inner fuse box covers. At least the right side has two, so I assume the left side should as well. Does anyone know the exact correct replacement part #'s so I can order some?

Picture attached with frunk liner removed. (Right fuse box outer cover has already been removed too.)

Edit 1: Found the wires! See the second pic. You need to remove the rubber grommet from that hole, then you can fish these two wires out. My meter is attached to confirm they are switched. Now to figure out the best way to run the wiring.

Still needing fuse box cover part numbers?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-25-2024 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is not a HowTo: DIY thread... & revised title to briefly ask the questions! ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

you found my answer to my future question!! I didn't wire anything up to the accessories circuit yet, but was wondering if I needed to take bolts out of right fuse box and look at back in order to hook up my wires. Looks like you found my answer. I have a 2015 RT and will look behind that rubber plug if I have one being 4 yrs difference
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

And…. Done! Routing the wire and putting the damn panels back on took the longest, lol. I had to extend the wiring so I got some 16ga high temp auto wire from Auto Zone.

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7643.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2024 at 05:50 AM.

Spyder Garage

Also found my part numbers for right fuze box (left side if looking at them, right side from driver's perspective):

Inner cover: 710007491 (left/right interchangeable) (replacement for 710004120): $16.99
    Right Fuze Cover Decal: 710004276 $9.89
    Outer Cover: 705011444 $26.99 (left/right interchangable) ??? trying to confirm this is just the cover, seems pricey.

Spyder Garage

Well, it is BRP, so one would expect it to be pricy.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Allen42 View Post
    Also found my part numbers for right fuze box (left side if looking at them, right side from driver's perspective):

Inner cover: 710007491 (left/right interchangeable) (replacement for 710004120): $16.99
    Right Fuze Cover Decal: 710004276 $9.89
    Outer Cover: 705011444 $26.99 (left/right interchangable) ??? trying to confirm this is just the cover, seems pricey.
    705011444 - that's the one. Despite the name, you'll notice that it doesn't do anything for the fuse box itself. It seals the access hole in the rear wall of the frunk. Keeps the elements out of the frunk.

And yes, everything is always referenced from the driver's perspective.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 01-26-2024 at 07:30 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238