Spyder Garage

Default Need advice on Removing Ryker OEM Comfort Passenger seat... Any tips?

Hi, I am brand new here. Bought a 2019 Ryker 900 ACE from a guy last weekend. It came with a Can Am Comfort passenger seat on it. I have seen how they are installed and in one video it made reference to locking it by pressing in on the button in the middle of the seat. But I want to remove it to add a trunk of some size and don't know how to get that lock to release. It just stays all the way down in what I am guessing is the lock position. I note that in the video, when you mount it, you attach it to the MAX mount and pull it backward to get it into place. I cannot get it to move forward to remove it. Any tips will be appreciated.

Ps: I am not new to motorcycling, just got to 75 years old and my strength to even hold up a 2-wheeler if it starts to tip is gone. So, I got the 3-wheeler, and I am enjoying the heck out of it so far.

Pps:
    Got a steering stabilizer in the mail today, but the install stuff is pretty well spelled out in videos.

Thanks for any help, Chuck
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2024 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is not a HowTo: DIY thread... & expanded title to briefly state the reason for the thread! ;-)
    2019 900 ACE , red

Spyder Garage

Don't have one, but my understanding is you unlock by pushing up on the button from underneath the seat (the button should pop up), then from the back of the seat you push forward.
    2023 Ryker Rally - Heritage White III
    Sport Windshield
    GPS Holder

Spyder Garage

Its a fairly crappy system which can be frustrating to get right. The button can get out of line so you need to look closely at the outer rim as it passess through the max mount. Make sure it isn't hooked up. The seat should slide forward (towards the tank). there is a 15-20mm long locking arms at the rear of the seat that locks it into the max mount. I struggled with mine for a bit but it eventually slid off. Good luck!

EDIT: You may need to give the seat a bit of a shove backwards a few mm's to enable the button to depress properly....
    Last edited by nightfalcon; 01-21-2024 at 12:31 AM.

Spyder Garage

I have the comfort passenger seat. Reach underneath and push that button up. It will come right off.

Spyder Garage

Pop the button up and pull forward on the seat.
    The whole assembly will slide right off.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Everybody. That pushing up from underneath the seat did release the LOCK button. And I did see those two tabs that look like they hold the seat to the MAX Mount. I am headed out now to see if some rubber hammer persuasion will drive the seat forward off the MAX mount. Have not unpacked my steering stabilizer yet, but I did find something that probably was contributing to the ride quality and wandering. The previous owner had the front tires at like 41 and 36 pounds and the rear at 42. I lowered them to the 25 front and 28 rear suggested (in the manual) for the only weight being carried is me at 170# THANKS again for the great info. Chuck
    2019 900 ACE , red

Spyder Garage

YUP, the rubber mallet made it easy to drive the seat off the MAX mount. Wow, that seat is heavy. Now to see if I can figure out a way to attached my SHAD 54 case from off of my Honda to my Ryker. I will research some kind of adapter first, then go more "outside of the box" if no adapters are available. Take Care Everybody, Chuck
    2019 900 ACE , red