Spyder Garage

Default 2022 F3L radio comes on when I start! Any thoughts on turning it OFF?!

2022 F3L. I turned down volume on radio via settings and did not select any channels. I do NOT want to hear radio at all. Yet, when I start bike, radio volume comes up a bit, loud enough to where I have to lower the volume yet again for this ride. Although it's easy enough to turn volume down/off EVERY TIME I ride, this did not happen with my prior 2018 and I don't think it should happen to my 2022 now. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-19-2024 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

There should be a way to shut it off, maybe try thumbing through your owners manual.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

After hitting the lowest volume setting, to go volume down again should turn the audio system off.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You CANNOT turn it off, you can only MUTE it. Now if you mute it by holding the button down momentarily, it will come back up to the previous setting when you turn on the ignition again. What you have to do is repeatedly press the button until you can't hear it anymore, then it should stay at that setting.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2024 at 06:45 PM.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    You CANNOT turn it off, you can only MUTE it. Now if you mute it by holding the button down momentarily, it will come back up to the previous setting when you turn on the ignition again. What you have to do is repeatedly press the button until you can't hear it anymore, then it should stay at that setting.
    that's how I do it on my 14 RT ..... I don't think you can actually " shut off the radio ", either ....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2024 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you push the joystick down and hold, it will shut it off and it should stay off. This works for whatever music you’re playing. Push up and hold to turn on.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2024 at 06:44 PM. Reason: pouch... ;-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

You CANNOT turn it off, you can only MUTE it. Now if you mute it by holding the button down momentarily, it will come back up to the previous setting when you turn on the ignition again. What you have to do is repeatedly press, the button until you can't hear it anymore, then it should stay at that setting.
    From the Operator's Manual page 40...

volume.png
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    There should be a way to shut it off, maybe try thumbing through your owners manual.
    I said in my ORIGINAL post that I turned it off in my settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    After hitting the lowest volume setting, to go volume down again should turn the audio system off.
    I will try that if I have not already done this in frustration before... on my 2018, the radio was never OFF... just volume turned down to unable to hear it.

My previous setting initially was that I could not hear it at all - volume muted... it keeps talking to me though at startups... I will continue to play with this until taking bike in for warranty work on something else.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-21-2024 at 02:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

My 2019 RTL does the same. If I "click" the volume settings, it will remember that setting and come back on at that volume when I start the bike again. EXCEPT for "off". If I click down all the way to mute, then click down once more, it turns off completely .... but the next time I start the bike, the radio comes back on, albeit at a very low (but audible) volume. Sine I use Cardo exclusively for my music, this is annoying. I want it off, and to stay off the next time I start the bike.
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you seldom, or never, listen to the radio on the Spyder, then change your Audio input setting from FM to Aux. That setting will stick - at least it does on mine. Because you have nothing hooked up to the Aux input, it then doesn't matter what the volume does. It's all quiet.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

You can also deselect speakers for out put in radio settings. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles