Spyder Garage

Default Looking for advice on which 2020 Spyder RT Base Rear Trunk to buy?

Looking for advice on which reasonably priced rear truck I should buy for my 2020 Spyder RT Base.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-18-2024 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

WELCOME TO SPYDERLOVERS.COM You came to the right place. Others have done this by using the cover and buying a Shad box is the cheapest way. If you search in the search box - upper right............. might get some answers faster, before those WHO have done this will chime in
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    WELCOME TO SPYDERLOVERS.COM You came to the right place. Others have done this by using the cover and buying a Shad box is the cheapest way. If you search in the search box - upper right............. might get some answers faster, before those WHO have done this will chime in
    .... But SHAD brand isn't the only choice you have ....check what e-bay or Amazon has to offer ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Or if you want to splurge, buy the add-on from the brp site. If you get it through your dealer, they may give you a discount. Mine did, but at that time, the top case was $1,500 and they gave me 10% off. Now it's over $2k.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It is not quite the same, but I added a luggage rack and a 54L givi box to my 2016 F3L Special series and it works great. I am sure there is some sort of rack or link that can be used on the 2020+ RT to accept a givi box or other brand. I actually love how I am able to just take the entire thing into the hotel when traveling, just like a suit case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I had ordered the Shad box. Delivery was taking so long I cancelled and bought the Can Am box. 1600.00 bucks but I love it. This was year and a half ago, but that is what I did.

Steve
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I know you made your decision, but Spyder Extras makes a plate for the base RT to mount a top case. They use a 58L Shad case, but you'd be able to use other mounting plates/cases..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue