Spyder Garage

Default Recommend any good places for Riding in Arkansas?

My wife and I are thinking about coming down to Eureka Springs area this summer from MN. We have never been in this area before, so is there any places better than others that we should ride? We normally ride and stay in different towns along the way of our trip, or can a person ride out of a central location in this area? Any ideas would be great. Thanks Joel.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-15-2024 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2013 STS , OEM Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

We enjoyed the Eureka Springs area, but the Mountain View area had better riding
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Take a look at web site https://www.eurekaspringsmotorcyclerides.com/ride-maps/. There are 9 rides to take in that area. I hope to get to ride those this coming summer.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Every time I went to the "SpyderFest" events, I Always went to "PEEL'S Ferry" and the " Mark Twain State park" roads area. Most of the riding will actually be in Mo, but it's worth it! ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 01-16-2024 at 04:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

The State of Arkansas has a full blown motorcycle ride book which covers the whole State. Get one of those, and they are free.

As a resident now for going on five years, we have traveled about one half the State. AR is a very beautiful State and is a motorcycle riders paradise. The NW section is my favorite and that even includes Eureka Springs. It is a bit of a tourist trap though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Very good riding near Harrison, AR, especially to the south and southwest.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Here is the States guide https://arkansas.mydigitalpublicatio...p=42&ver=html5

An article of interest https://ridermagazine.com/2020/04/16...natural-state/

Hot Springs rally that is supposed to take place this year. It would be the second, first was a blast. https://hotspringsspyderrally.com/?f...tS5ezTVXqt2e94

And another way, maybe better to view the State stuff. https://www.arkansas.com/motorcycling

Hope this helps. Arkansas is a great place to ride.
    Last edited by EdMat; 01-15-2024 at 12:32 PM.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

You are in for a treat! There are a lot of people already responding with suggestions, and from one Minnesotan to another.. I love riding Arkansas!

Not sure of your route, but if you are going to run down I-35 South and want to avoid the Kansas City Traffic.
    Let me suggest that you get off I-35 just north of KC on Road 116 East. take it to Hwy 13 South
    You can still make good time, there are a few small towns along the way, and you will end up in Springfield MO.
    There is less traffic and a better ride.
    Just my 2cents
    Last edited by TroubledJuan; 01-21-2024 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Add more information
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

All good recommendations. Please enjoy, & don’t forget to wander off finding more (your own) & report back.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2024 at 12:25 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Every year I go out to Harrison, AR with a Victory Gathering in late September, early November. I enjoy the area so much I'm hosting my "Richardson Spyder Shop Gathering 3.0" in Harrison, AR in May - details available on FB. Tons of great riding around there. Others above have posted some links above of great websites that have the local rides. Harrison is a great central location - not too far from Eureka Springs with lots of great riding all around. Enjoy your trip!

https://exploreharrison.com/motorcycling/
    Last edited by Jdr00ejr; 01-16-2024 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added Link
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

There is a lot of very good riding around Harrison AR. I always stay at the Quality Inn (870 741 7676), they cater to motorcycles. Park right in front of your room if you are on first floor. They have a good breakfast, there's a restaurant right next door. Staff is very friendly. They have maps of motorcycle trips around the area. Been out there a few times & I hope to go back soon. Have fun.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-17-2024 at 12:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Every year I go out to Harrison, AR with a Victory Gathering in late September, early November. I enjoy the area so much I'm hosting my "Richardson Spyder Shop Gathering 3.0" in Harrison, AR in May - details available on FB. Tons of great riding around there. Others above have posted some links above of great websites that have the local rides. Harrison is a great central location - not too far from Eureka Springs with lots of great riding all around. Enjoy your trip!

https://exploreharrison.com/motorcycling/
    We live about 10 miles down the road from there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the good recommendations. We shall see how the planning goes.
    2013 STS , OEM Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    We live about 10 miles down the road from there.
    Would love to bump into you when we are out there for the Gathering.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Would love to bump into you when we are out there for the Gathering.
    We are always happy to meet up with Spyderlovers. PM me when the time comes and we can arrange a meet up. The lemonade is always on, and there are at least 10 chairs on the front porch. We even have a great view.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

we have stayed in Eureka Springs twice before. the last few years we have been staying in the Branson area and riding South into Arkansas. It is a double edge deal: ride the scenic hills of Arkansas during the day and take in a show in the evening in Branson. there are several published ride routes for Arkansas.
    Safe riding to you.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

ARtraveler - wish I had known your exact where-about a few months ago. When my wife and I rode our two F3-S’s up for the meetup at Lamonster’s, one of my solo afternoon “spirited” rides thru the twisties had me coming back northeast on 123 to Western Grove, where I stopped for a snack at Grice’s. Could have taken you up on that glass of lemonade! While at Grice’s, I planned a “long cut” back to Harrison, taking 206 to Everton, then Blankenship Road and Crawford Road to 62. Guess I didn’t look too closely at my connector roads there - they were mostly all gravel. Got lots of strange looks at my F3-S from the two-legged and 4-legged residents! But quite a beautiful ride.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BCNewell View Post
    ARtraveler - wish I had known your exact where-about a few months ago. When my wife and I rode our two F3-S’s up for the meetup at Lamonster’s, one of my solo afternoon “spirited” rides thru the twisties had me coming back northeast on 123 to Western Grove, where I stopped for a snack at Grice’s. Could have taken you up on that glass of lemonade! While at Grice’s, I planned a “long cut” back to Harrison, taking 206 to Everton, then Blankenship Road and Crawford Road to 62. Guess I didn’t look too closely at my connector roads there - they were mostly all gravel. Got lots of strange looks at my F3-S from the two-legged and 4-legged residents! But quite a beautiful ride.
    We are about three miles from Grice's in Western Grove. Two jogs off of 65 not far from there, and you find the lemonade. And...no dirt roads to get to us. There is a dirt road at one of the connecters though and you can stay on dirt for a hundred miles. We save that ride for the Kawi Mule. 206 to Everton is another ride we have done quite a few times. If you come back to the area PM me and we will keep the lemonade on for ya.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The State of Arkansas has a full blown motorcycle ride book which covers the whole State. Get one of those, and they are free.

As a resident now for going on five years, we have traveled about one half the State. AR is a very beautiful State and is a motorcycle riders paradise. The NW section is my favorite and that even includes Eureka Springs. It is a bit of a tourist trap though.
    Just ordered the book. Thank you

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue