Spyder Garage

Question Can't find a part # for Windshield vent on BRP Website? Any better place to check?

Hello everyone!

I was out for a short ride this morning and noticed the adjustable vent on my windshield was broken.
    3 out of the 4 mounting screw plastic receivers were broken. I have the two part numbers stamped into the plastic.
    Front panel for the windshield is 705005913 (the part I need).
    The back piece is 705005914.

Neither of these part numbers are listed at BRP's website.

The windshield and its vent were on the machine when I bought it brand new from the dealer.

Anyone have a better place to check???

Gratefully,
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-14-2024 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    2020 Spyder RTL Chalk/Black
    2020 RTL , Chalk / Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DT5534 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I was out for a short ride this morning and noticed the adjustable vent on my windshield was broken.
    3 out of the 4 mounting screw plastic receivers were broken. I have the two part numbers stamped into the plastic.
    Front panel for the windshield is 705005913 (the part I need).
    The back piece is 705005914.

Neither of these part numbers are listed at BRP's website.

The windshield and its vent were on the machine when I bought it brand new from the dealer.

Anyone have a better place to check???

Gratefully,
    I hope for your sake I'm wrong ..... but BRP doesn't always SELL individual parts ..... For almost a decade they didn't sell the windshield ARM separately (that has/had a bad track record for breaking) ... you HAD to buy the ENTIRE motor assembly (@ $ 800 +) ..... GOOD LUCK .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-14-2024 at 01:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Update!

No I did not find the part number. I was able to use #8, 3/4 inch stainless steel screws to get everything back together (for now). There was enough of the female side for the screws to get a good hold of. Once again I escaped Murphy's grasp.
    I looked up the part # on the windshield and that didn't get a result either.
    I'm going to call my original dealer back in Virginia where I purchased and see if I can get somewhere. I'm in Daytona Beach Florida now and haven't established a dealer yet.

Cheers!
    2020 RTL , Chalk / Black

Spyder Garage

How about a closeup pic of the vent?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

As Mike mentioned above, BRP only sells the complete vented windshield. Here is the link. Bruce
    https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...indshield.html
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

I attempted to upload a picture but for some reason I am unable to get beyond selecting the file.

The link provided by Safecracker, above, is the windshield I have on my 2020 RTL. No way in hell I am going to by an entire replacement shield.

Cheers!
    2020 RTL , Chalk / Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DT5534 View Post
    Update!

No I did not find the part number. I was able to use #8, 3/4 inch stainless steel screws to get everything back together (for now). There was enough of the female side for the screws to get a good hold of. Once again I escaped Murphy's grasp.
    I looked up the part # on the windshield and that didn't get a result either.
    I'm going to call my original dealer back in Virginia where I purchased and see if I can get somewhere. I'm in Daytona Beach Florida now and haven't established a dealer yet.

Cheers!
    In that area, the ones that typically get best comments are Route 1, Central Florida Powersorts, and Seminole Powersports. My experience at Ride Now Ocala years ago refuses to let me go back. There are other dealers, but ask many owners and shop wisely.