Spyder Garage

Exclamation What is this Warning Light?

Was riding my RTS all day when I got this warning light - see Attached. Lower right pic of three wheel and the right front wheel highlighted. The Can Am decreased in power. Luckily, we made it home. The next day I rode it without any issue and the light was out. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-10-2024 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

You upset “nanny” (VSS)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

You upset the Nanny, and the Vehicle Stability System (VSS) kicked in.

If that light was only on momentarily, then you can forget it; it warned you of stability/traction issue that was very quickly resolved, then it went away once the problem went away.

If it stayed on for a while, then it was trying to tell you that something was wrong, but it wasn't a big enough 'something' for the Nanny to drop your Spyder into Limp Mode or cause any more Warnings, so once you shut the Spyder down & that particular issue/scenario no longer applied, the warning went away.

Regardless of how long it lasted, the Code that triggered that light WILL be stored in the system somewhere, but because it's no longer active, you won't be able to call up that Code now, not without BUDS, BRP's (proprietary) Universal Diagnostic System... But because it HAS now gone away, it was likely something relatively minor, maybe even just something as simple & seemingly inoffensive as your foot touching the brake pedal while you were riding, or possibly you were trailing the brake for too long as you accelerated out of a corner. Depending upon how new/recent your Spyder is, if it keeps coming back, DON'T turn the Spyder OFF while it's still showing, try to check the Codes to see what's going on, but exactly what you need to do that depends on what year your Spyder is?

And that last bit takes us a wee tad off topic as I put my Mod hat on here, with some advice & a suggestion... Whenever you ask a question, you really should let us know what year/model your Spyder is, so you can either make sure you add that to every question you ever post, or you can follow the directions in the thread linked below and add that info to your Signature Line, so it appears on every post you put up, and no-one will ever hafta ask what year/model your Spyder is ever again!

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-your-Sig-Line!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-10-2024 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Live?? :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

It looks like your question was also answered.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Were you accelerating around a corner perhaps? Maybe some sand, dirt, etc. and the rear tire spun a bit? Too fast through a curve or turn will get that reaction also. I love twisty roads and that light is on more than off sometimes
    2015 RT , Black