Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    It indeed is. I replaced my stock seat for my '21 RT base with the comfort seat. It was ok but this past spring I replaced that with a Corbin 1 piece seat and love it.

Side note: If anyone wants to buy the original seat or the comfort seat, I'll sell them at a decent price. Otherwise I may end up donating them to the local junk yard. Or maybe I'll see if the dealer wants to buy them.
    I only have about 900 miles on my 2022 S2S comfort seat. So far so good, but I'll use this upcoming riding season to gauge the comfort. I haven't stuck with any stock seat in many years...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2024 at 08:39 PM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rational View Post
    I suppose the challenge with upgrading from the heated seat that comes with the RT Limited is you need the new seat to be compatible (if you care to have heated seats). Are enough options available besides the heated comfort seat from Spyder?

Related question: In the past I had my non-heated seats on a couple of bikes converted to gel seats by a local shop. Not sure if that process works with heated seats (presumably circuitry inside the seat).
    Contact Motorcycle Dave https://www.ads.spyderlovers.com/ads....php?zoneid=45

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

The earlier 2021 and 2022 Sea-to-Sky models had lots of extras for the money, luggage bags etc. This made it probably worth the extra money and I probably should have got one rather than the RT LTD I bought.

I'd check what the difference in goodies between the Sea-to-Sky 2023 and the 2024 for everything but the display and I doubt it's very much. Frankly, I don't use Apple Car-play etc, I just couple my phone to my helmets, so although the display now looks a lot nicer it wouldn't be a big deal breaker for me.

So if the $3,000 is between a '23 and '24 Sea-to-Sky that's reasonable in my book, plus 3% financing these days is a good interest rate on recreational vehicles

If the difference is between a '23 RT LTD and a '24 Sea-to-Sky that's not so good.

If I was looking at either year, I would check to see what the Sea-to-Sky gives you over the RT LTDs for each year, as I think now it is largely cosmetic, to which I would take the RT LTD. I just remember when I got mine, the difference was rather more and in terms of useful luggage goodies which I should have probably shelled out for. As for the cosmetic differences I would choose the RT LTD every time as I never much liked the Sea-to-Sky color schemes.

I've never had any transmission issues. It clunks going into first and going into reverse, but no worse than most BMW twins I've ever owned. "They all do that Sir."
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2024 at 03:10 PM.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

2022 S2S did not come with luggage.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2024 at 08:38 PM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Yes, mine was 2021 RT LTD and the 2021 S2S had more stuff like luggage and so forth. So I guess now you just get largely cosmetic items for the price difference? If I was looking at a 2023 or 2024 S2S I'd double check what you really get over the RT LTD and see if it is worth the extra.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2024 at 08:38 PM.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mecsw500 View Post

So if the $3,000 is between a '23 and '24 Sea-to-Sky that's reasonable in my book, plus 3% financing these days is a good interest rate on recreational vehicles

If the difference is between a '23 RT LTD and a '24 Sea-to-Sky that's not so good.
    The difference in features between 2023 and 2024 (primarily the carplay feature) wasn't much to convince me to pay up the extra (and probably pay MSRP and get a loan at market rates), so it came down to 2023 RT L Red Platinum vs 2023 S2S and I went with the 2023 RT L because of the price difference and additional discount plus 2% 36-month financing. I also wasn't keen on a green and really wanted a red, which they had in stock. So that made it easy to snag a deal and the savings were convincing. Picking it up tomorrow